Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Old 10-22-2001, 04:56 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by futureal
Troy: Remember that since you are using that dumb reverse order view, the Message #'s are practically meaningless, since with each post all of the numbers are incremented. Real men use normal thread ordering!
yeah... i kept editing the post changing the post # i accually edited the post twice.. If he hadn't been online & posting i would not have done that..
Old 10-22-2001, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

When you say droop #2 that means that when you slide the droop gauge under the chassis it rest on the 2 on the gauge. I think that is what they mean. I don't understand how you can't get 2 though becuase I cut half the threads off the shock shaft and the 1/8 off the cup and I am running my front droop at 2 right now. I would think that running super super short shafts would make the lower droop settings easy to achieve butthe higher droop settings harder. Maybe I am wrong.

Mike
Old 10-22-2001, 07:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by mike_Webb
When you say droop #2 that means that when you slide the droop gauge under the chassis it rest on the 2 on the gauge. I think that is what they mean. I don't understand how you can't get 2 though becuase I cut half the threads off the shock shaft and the 1/8 off the cup and I am running my front droop at 2 right now. I would think that running super super short shafts would make the lower droop settings easy to achieve butthe higher droop settings harder. Maybe I am wrong.

Mike
I have cut 1/2 my threads off, and 1/8th of the shock end. And I also run droop 2 in the front. Maybe something else is wrong, that isn't allowing u to run 2 droop?
Old 10-22-2001, 08:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Can someone please explain exactly what a front oneway bearing will do for my TripleXS? I see they are available now. I also see racers saying, "man, this oneway gives my car so much corner speed!" How exactly does the oneway "give" more cornerspeed? I am very new to TC racing. And the TripleXS is my FIRST TC!
Old 10-22-2001, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by STLNLST

Taz- I'm done switching for a while and no matter what car I end up with..........it's always dialed.....he he he he.

I did not say when you switch car they suck. You all way got a car to be fast. You cars all most all the time dialed.
Old 10-22-2001, 11:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Addict-

The Losi guage measures droop by how much higher the tips of hte arms are above the bottom of the chassis. Mark #2 on the Losi gauge simply means the arms are 2mm higher than the bottom of the chassis. However, position #2 has more droop than position #4, as the arms drop lower when you run position #2. See what I mean?

WHITESTER-

With a front one-way, your car will have no front brakes - the front wheels will free-wheel when you are off power or braking. If the front wheels are not doing any braking, then they are more able to steer the car. If the front tires are responsible for slowing the car down(braking), they are sliding(scrubbing) on the track. When you turn the wheels to go around a corner, since they are already sliding, their ability to steer the car is reduced.

I prefer a one-way on most tracks, as it really suits my driving style. You will have to develop good control of the brakes, and be smooth, but the laptimes will be reduced as a result.
Old 10-22-2001, 12:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sir Speedy-
Thanks alot for your detailed explanation. I really like this forum. Everyone is chalked full of info. Since I am only running stock class, I probably will not be needing the oneway bearing then. I never use the breaks in stock.. LOL Too slow for brakes LMAO!
Old 10-22-2001, 07:10 PM
Tech Addict

I would say that the one-way would be even more important in stock than in modified.

The car will steer so quickly and efficiently, it will maintain a great deal of cornerspeed. Cornerspeed = low laptimes.

The reason you are not using brakes, is that stock motors have a braking effect when you let off the throttle. A stock motor scrubs off speed in that respect.

If you are racing on a high-traction surface, a one-way is the way to go in my opinion.
Old 10-22-2001, 08:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Okay great then Sir Speedy. You wouldn't happen to have a part # handy now would ya???
Old 10-22-2001, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

When you say a one way is good for high bite...would it work well for high bite tight indoor?

Opinions for medium bite concreate indoor surface that is not real tight?

Looking to get my sedan going and just looking for any info.

Jeff
Old 10-22-2001, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Jeff,

Try the stock setup first then try using Rons setup at www.teamlosi.com.

That way you can get a feel for a hard vs. soft setup car.

You might be able to find some answers in the FAQ listed below. As for the one-way, it should work well on highbite surfaces regardless of indoors and outdoors. I have used the oneway as well for med bite outdoors on concrete flowing track.

If you are just getting into the car. Suggest you run the diffs first and once you feel comfortable move to the one way. Although the one-way is faster in some conditions there are reasons why real race cars rely heavily on braking.
Old 10-22-2001, 08:53 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

mark, or sir speedy, i have been runing my car on carpet, w\ rubber, and the car seemes to dump over in the corner, i am thinking of going to a hard setup....blue, or purple.....front, silver or blue rear...what do you think??? i ran rons setup for the last few races of our outdoor season, and it was great....i would definatly recomend it to anyone.....
Old 10-22-2001, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

We dont have carpet out here in Cali, but you can try to move the rear shock out one hole. If the car seems slow to rotate you can move the spring rate up.

For carpet, lets see what Speedy says. The shock mount should help the car from being so dumpy. I would start with the rear.
Old 10-22-2001, 10:31 PM
Tech Addict

See what Speedy says?

I am in Florida...it is all outdoors here. We run at Minnreg a couple times a year....that is about it!!

If you say the rear end is dumping over, then yes, you need to go a little stiffer. Moving the shock out, or going up a rate are great ways to get some added rear bite.

WHITESER-

I think the PN is like A-3425??

Mark may have it in the FAQ???
Old 10-22-2001, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

SS-

Just updated the FAQ.

md

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.