Losi XXX-S

Old 09-15-2003, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My G plus went together great no problems of any kind--lucky I guess--sure was when I won it at our 2 day event last spring.
Sure am looling forward for the carpet season to start up again.
I ran the car one race last year at a track that left a lot to be desired,I felt the car was an improvement over my old xxx-s
Old 09-16-2003, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

Default Droop Screws

I read somewhere(in a magazine or here) that the droop screws system on the XXX-S is somewhat flexy and inaccurate with alot of people resorting to the oldschool method of using shock spacers.

Is this still a problem with the G+?

Excuse my ignorance as I am new to the electric touring scene. I don't know what to buy yet but I narrowed it down to the TA04, 414M2 or the XXX-S G+( no shafts or saddle packs for me).

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-17-2003, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Droop Screws

Originally posted by FREAKAH
I read somewhere(in a magazine or here) that the droop screws system on the XXX-S is somewhat flexy and inaccurate with alot of people resorting to the oldschool method of using shock spacers.

Is this still a problem with the G+?

Excuse my ignorance as I am new to the electric touring scene. I don't know what to buy yet but I narrowed it down to the TA04, 414M2 or the XXX-S G+( no shafts or saddle packs for me).

Thanks in advance!
Yes, becuase they're mounted on the plastic bumpers which flex a lot.

what i normally do is, if i to set the droop, i lengthen or shorthen the shocks.

may i suggest you try the G+ among the kits you mentioned, especially over the 04.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:53 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Highwayman!

More questions if you don't mind.......

How many roll center(lower arm mounts) options are there for the G+?

Any weaknesses with this car performance and durability wise?

Thanks again!
Old 09-17-2003, 12:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Anyone been playing with putting shims under the ball studs on the steering links, both on the bell cranks and the spindals. What have you guys found it does. I'd think putting them on the bell cranks would give a little bump IN and give you more steering going into the corner when the suspension is compressing. Right? I'm thinking of doing some testing with this on Sunday.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by FREAKAH
Thanks Highwayman!

More questions if you don't mind.......

How many roll center(lower arm mounts) options are there for the G+?

Any weaknesses with this car performance and durability wise?

Thanks again!

Roll centers: the G+ comes with both front losi low roll center and high roll center... rear, also both low and high roll center.

the front low roll center is actually a mid roll center, the "true" low roll center is the matt francis red aluminum from trinity.

The G+ also comes with ARM holders that can be used to change the kick-up and anti-dive for the front and anti-squat and pro-squat for the rear.

For me the car is very durable (bullet proof ) except for the new hard front bumpers... you need to put the transparent upper bumper brace.

in my opinion, shaft has better efficency than belt driven cars, but with the advent of high capacity batts, i dont see it as a hindrance anymore. :
Old 09-17-2003, 10:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

jkerr: ive played with bump steer in the past. yes putting some spacers in the bell cranks will give you bump in during suspension compression but that will smoothen out your steering. if you want your car to turn in harder, put the spacers in the spindle to give you bump out. i used this before when i was experimenting with a set-up using a front diff and it gave me the turn in i needed. but be careful not to put too much (0.03" at a time) coz it can make your car quite twitchy.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks. I'll play with it a little this weekend and see how it goes.
Old 09-18-2003, 03:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Default shock limiters

On the Losi setup sheets, what does "shock limiters: outside" mean or do? The numbers I see listed (.100" and .120" on this sheet: http://www.teamlosi.com/pdfs/setups/..._trackside.pdf )
don't seem to be enough to limit shock travel-- or are they?

Relatedly, what do they mean by standard/drilled pistons?
Old 09-18-2003, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Rockheadsguy- The limiters on the outside do limit the up travel and help prevent the car from leaning over to much in the corner when you are in high traction situations. Drilled/ standard pistons a drilled piston is when you take a #60 piston and drill it out to what size you need with a numbered drill bit. A lot of people believe that the drilled vs. molded pistons feel different in the shocks.

Chad
Old 09-18-2003, 04:12 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

rocks - I forgot to talk to you after your race.

It really looked like the back of your car really squats over pretty hard in the corner. I really think you might want to try bumping up on your springs and oil. I've never heard of anyone running so soft, and if it's still dragging, thats probably why..
Old 09-19-2003, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ROBORAT
jkerr: ive played with bump steer in the past. yes putting some spacers in the bell cranks will give you bump in during suspension compression but that will smoothen out your steering. if you want your car to turn in harder, put the spacers in the spindle to give you bump out. i used this before when i was experimenting with a set-up using a front diff and it gave me the turn in i needed. but be careful not to put too much (0.03" at a time) coz it can make your car quite twitchy.

ROBO :

maybe i should bump in my bell crank.
Old 09-19-2003, 06:06 AM
Tech Initiate

is there anyone here that owns or have tryed to
new losi 128 kevlar spur? how do you find it?

also im switching to 64p soon, how does 64 pitch "feel"
compared to 48 pitch?

thanks
Old 09-19-2003, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Losi_runner
is there anyone here that owns or have tryed to
new losi 128 kevlar spur? how do you find it?

also im switching to 64p soon, how does 64 pitch "feel"
compared to 48 pitch?

thanks

I run 64 pitch, and it "feels" punchier, smoother and is more efficent.
Old 09-19-2003, 05:00 PM
Tech Initiate

cool thanks highwayman

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.