Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

TRL -

The steel outdrives are part # LOSA 3073 XX - they come one to a package - should be around $7.50 apiece... You will also need LOSA 3072 XX - the diff tube.

These are the standard outdrives and diff parts for the XXX and XXXT's.

As for the changes that the outdrives make - I will find out tonight and post it.

Kevin K -

Thanks again for the WI information!! I should be back in the area in a couple of weeks

Chris Wilde
Old 07-02-2003, 06:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just and FYI. I just added the Nat's setups for Greg Hodapp and Matt Francis to the database.

On the different setups page...

I currently sort the setups by those viewed the most, does anyone care what order they are presented in?

Would you rather have the newest entries ranked at the top? do you want to see the # of times a setup has been viewed?

Ned

Last edited by ned911; 07-02-2003 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:27 PM
Tech Addict

I'm not sure if anyones asked this already...
Was flicking through the Todd Hodge setup article(RC Car, May 2003) last night and noticed a couple of blue screw heads on the side of the Transmission tunnel(If you look at the pic on pg 97, the screws are just to the right of the small "Team Losi" sticker above the servo)

Just wondering if someone could please tell me what they're for.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Simon....On TT Todd said that there was a hole there that he made for running his battery wire through the chassis and he just closed it up....he said something like he wanted to be trick or something.....check his TT thread its in there and not too long ago.

Found it here is what he said in reguard to the screws........"HarrisKat-1.I was trying to be trick and run my wires through the chassis....it didn't work. 2. Those blue screws are there to hold the lexan mount for my lap counter."
Old 07-02-2003, 09:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Re: steel outdrives

Originally posted by TRL
I was just looking at the set-ups from the nats and it says the guys were using steel outdrives! Is this a losi part or is it aftermarket any one got any ideas?

And why do you think they were using them just all that horsepower??

Thanks!
I run the steel out drive's when I run a spool or diff in the front and as of the last 3 months I've run the steel in the rear. I use it as a protection device simular to the trinity out drive covers. They also add a little rotating mass to the drive train which (IMO) helps corner speed slightly.
Old 07-02-2003, 09:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

there's already been a post made in hodge's thread in TT inquiring about the steel outdrives and what they do. todge should be online soon to answer the question. will post his reply here as soon as comes up.

... im quite curious myself what they had in mind when using it.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:08 PM
Tech Addict

Wink

Kevin,
Thanks for that.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I'll let Hodge give you the real scoop on the steel outdrives, but what I think I was hearing while at the nats was that steel outdrives gave more traction. How? I don't know.
Old 07-02-2003, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

The steel outdrives cause more friction which adds traction.... The same reason you would use CVD's on your XXX buggy instead of Losi universals..... I read about this in an old issue of R/C Car it was an ariticle on driveshafts written by Gil Losi Jr.
Old 07-03-2003, 12:46 AM
Tech Regular

is this the XXX-S SPORT RTR car and if so is it competitive casue i am looking at getting a new car
Old 07-03-2003, 11:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default spur adapter

Hi,

Any one try this from jet hobby & precisionrc.com ?

http://www.precisionrc.com/pic/jet/th/th1.jpg
Old 07-03-2003, 11:17 PM
Tech Addict

Plus the steel ones are way stronger. I've seen the plastci ons snap in half when running a spool, never seen any snap with a diff though.
Old 07-04-2003, 01:05 AM
Tech Champion

Arrow Using Steel Outdrives

here's what todge has to say about it .... his reply as quoted from trinity tech talk:

Originally posted by Todd Hodge
Skylab-We found that steel outdrives on the front and rear gave our cars more forward grip and made the cars easier to drive. We have also using Team Losi brown grease on the dogbone pin to keep it from binding too much.
Old 07-04-2003, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

I just happen to have a barely used xx-4 laying around so I will disect it for the diffs, and build a set for my G+...... and try them this weekend....... race report to come...... I'll start with standard plastic diffs, then work my way thru....hmmm ...... steel outdrives just in the front may be the ticket ...... more pull out of the turns it may be ahappy medium between a regular diff and a one-way w/out the off power understeer of a spool?!?!?!?

What do you guys think?? CraigX???

Let's do a little theorizing before the actual test!!!!
Old 07-04-2003, 08:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Is the XXXS dead..At the track i race at i'm about the only xxxs racer left,when the losi first came out alot of people had them and selling a used xxxs is not an easy task,Question is are you guys still winning with them ?In the area i race at stock is the biggest class and the shaft drive cars seem to be a little better in stock than belt cars..I think it might be time to break out the R2,but I really like my losi's and I dont really want to get rid of them,any tricks on freeing up the drivetrain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.