Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

ned911
That is an awesome site. Does anyone know how you make pdf files editable (if that's a word ) I have other files in pdf format that I'd love to be able to just edit like that and print.
Old 06-28-2003, 07:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the feedback.

To make the PDF's editable you need the full version of Acrobat.

Please fill out the sheet and submit as I need someone else to test other than me Just to make sure the site will scale.

I'm working on the XXX-T now and should have that working by Sunday evening. Then I'll do the XXX-4. If there are other setup sheets setup a poll in the forum and if enough people want them added I will do it.

Ned
Old 06-28-2003, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by ned911
I just setup a database to keep track of my setups. The input form is the Losi XXX-S G+ setup sheet in PDF.

Can also retrieve setups from the db and print the setup sheet.

If you could please help me test this at http://www.losiboard.com

XXX-S sheet is on the OnRoad page.

Tuff - say hi to Scotty and Thielke for me and if you see Richard Lake smack him. It's been about 6 years since I ran at SRS.

Ned
great job on the set up sheet. When I have more time later on tonite I'll check out the rest of the website. Looks good so far.
Old 06-28-2003, 11:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks STLNLST.

I just got tired of loosing setup sheets or having them get abused at the track. With this system I'll never loose another sheet again.

Ned
Old 06-28-2003, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Ned,I tried to set up a sheet,wouldnt take it.I emailed it to you
Thanks,Brian Jucha
Old 06-28-2003, 09:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Brian,

Thanks for trying to enter your setup. Learned something - can't use single quotes anywhere on the form. This is why I wanted someone else besides me trying this out - to find potential problems.

I'll put a note on the page about using quotes.

Ned
Old 06-29-2003, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

Brian,

Thanks for trying to enter your setup. Learned something - can't use single quotes anywhere on the form. This is why I wanted someone else besides me trying this out - to find potential problems.

I'll put a note on the page about using quotes.

Ned
I played with the set up sheet today and these are the things that I noticed. On the ride height and droop height areas you can't list your settings as 3mm. It will make 3 come out to 3.00 which really isn't a huge problem. In the notes section for the front of the car the cursor clicks on in the middle of the lines. It won't allow you to type any info on the provided lines. Thanks again for giving XXXS users an editable printable set up sheet.
Old 06-29-2003, 07:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Awesome feedback.

I'll fix the ride height and droop fields ASAP. Not sure how to handle the notes area - it's a DB limitation - but I'll look into that as well.

I added the XXX-T setup sheet today.

Ned

All of your points have been implemented!!!! Took a minute to figure out the multi-line text area but it is now available on the XXX-S form. And I am about to change the XXX and XXX-T forms.

Ned

Last edited by ned911; 06-29-2003 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-29-2003, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Awesome feedback.

I'll fix the ride height and droop fields ASAP. Not sure how to handle the notes area - it's a DB limitation - but I'll look into that as well.

I added the XXX-T setup sheet today.

Ned

All of your points have been implemented!!!! Took a minute to figure out the multi-line text area but it is now available on the XXX-S form. And I am about to change the XXX and XXX-T forms.

Ned
Ride height and droop problems are solved. Man you're quick.
Old 06-29-2003, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

I just setup a database to keep track of my setups. The input form is the Losi XXX-S G+ setup sheet in PDF.

Tuff - say hi to Scotty and Thielke for me and if you see Richard Lake smack him. It's been about 6 years since I ran at SRS.

Ned
Ned - Will do! We were actually down in Tucson this weekend racing the last leg of their points series (I got to fight phantom tweak issues all weekend... but it was fast as ___ in a straight line!) I will probably see Brent on Tues (he's on here as 51) and I Rich is going to try to make a run to SRS this weekend too - What is your last name? I will say hi to em for ya

btw - site looks good!

Chris Wilde
Old 06-30-2003, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ned
great site dude...
Old 06-30-2003, 05:39 AM
Tech Initiate

I am glad everyone is enjoying the site (it was a lot of hard work). If there is something missing please feel free to pass your request along. Best place is on the forum (http://www.losiboard.com/forum) so we don't clog up this discussion.

Chris,

Last name is Cullen. Richard will remember me (tell him to make Troy get a 12th scale) as we are still pretty close friends. Depending on my race schedule (1:1 scale car - check the avatar) and vacation I may try and make it out to AZ in the fall. Does SRS still run the Peak race in early December?

Ned
Old 07-02-2003, 02:59 PM
Tech Champion

TTT
Old 07-02-2003, 05:04 PM
TRL
Tech Apprentice

Default steel outdrives

I was just looking at the set-ups from the nats and it says the guys were using steel outdrives! Is this a losi part or is it aftermarket any one got any ideas?

And why do you think they were using them just all that horsepower??

Thanks!
Old 07-02-2003, 05:22 PM
Tech Champion

I think that you can get the steel outdrives from the gas truck. I have a set of them but they are from the XX days.

The only reason I can think of them using the steel outdrives is to change the way the CVD slides in and out of the outdrive. I know that with off road cars the Losi guys play with this alot sometimes they use sliders or plastic or steel outdrives. I think it effects the way the suspension moves, with steel outdrives the CVD is easier to move...plus they are stronger. This would be a question to ask Todd Hodge on TT or if he reads this maybe he can tell us why. I know with the street weapon they ran sliders in the back alot of times to increase traction I would think the Steel outdrives are doing something like that but what Im not 100% sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.