Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Old 03-16-2003, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Default Droop, Where'd I go wrong

I've got the G+ and I'm fairly certain the shocks are assembled properly, here's my prob. I was playing around with set-ups and found that even with no spring on the shock and the droop screw all the way out the lowest number i could get on rear droop was about 4. I know 4 is a good number for most track conditions but i've heard other drivers setting 3 in the rear. Any idea where i might look into a problem???
Second question anybody know how to use a comm cleaning stick, not reall ready for a lathe but i want to clean the comm as best i can for now!!! Thanks for the look, any input is much appreciated
Kevin
Old 03-16-2003, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

hicheef - the amount of droop that you can have does depend on which roll center blocks that you are using. But, one thing to check is your shock length. In most cases, your droop is limited by your shock length because so many people will screw the shock bottoms all the way onto the shock shaft. If you unthread the shock end about 2 full turns, it will give you the shock length that you need to get more droop setting availability. But you are correct, with the low roll center blocks in back, especially if you are using an anti-squat setting, the tab on the arm will bottom out on the droop screw boss on the rear bumper piece. But you should still be able to get a 4 setting on the droop gage i believe.
Old 03-17-2003, 05:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Nitro TC3 & TC3 parts

Hi,

I broke a rear pivot block and lost the spacer.
I am thinking of using the clip-on caster spacer from
Nitro TC3, which seems to fit okie. Any experience if
it will pop out of the hinge pin ? I find that the NTC3
hinge pin is a little thinner that the XXX-s ones.

Also, I would like to change the Shock End to TC3
shock end. Any experience with that as well ?

please advise.
Old 03-17-2003, 01:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Spur Gear Pully Size

I know you can't change the size of the pulley on the molded spur gears, but it would be interesting to change the amount of teeth on it. After watching an XRAY with a special gear set fly past me, I considered it. What do you think?
Old 03-17-2003, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

The new Xray pulley's make the final drive ratio something like 1.7 which is very close to what we already have, so the ratio should not have made any real differance.

Chad
Old 03-17-2003, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

It may be possible with a Fastrax adapter and some creativity but I can't see how it would be an advantage. It would also mess up the belt tension.
Old 03-17-2003, 01:54 PM
Mal

I highly doubt the x-ray flying by you had to do with his pulleys.

Was your final drive the same as his?

You can't compair speed when there are so many variables at work.

His driveline could have less drag than yours (Are your bearing clean?), batteries could be better, could be better motor. He could be a better driver. Then again it could be all of the above.
Old 03-17-2003, 05:52 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Well said....
Old 03-18-2003, 12:42 AM
Tech Adept

Default Lowering Front ride height

Good day!

I am wondering how to lower the front ride height of the older xxx-s?...

I am thinking of adding spacers inside the shocks to limit the travel...

or should I get the threaded shocks with shorter shafts....
Old 03-18-2003, 04:57 AM
Tech Master

Location: Time to put down the Golf clubs and poker chips and GO RACIN!

WHo makes a reliable tweak station? not the MIP one the bubbles always break..
Old 03-18-2003, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

marc- placing spacer inside the shock just limits the up travel, it does nothing to lower the car properly..... Get the short shocks..

Bigybone- Xacto, by far thw cheapest and easiest to use...... but if you really want a tweak station Integy sells a laser tweakboard, Speedmind sells an MIP style tweak station which is like the MIP unit, but comes in a nice protective case which protects the station from damage...
Old 03-18-2003, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

I know you can't change the size of the pulley on the molded spur gears, but it would be interesting to change the amount of teeth on it. After watching an XRAY with a special gear set fly past me, I considered it. What do you think?
To lower the internal gear-ratio, you could try to put in two of the 41T diff pulleys instead of the std. 42T. I don`t know what the ratio would be though, does anyone know(the nr. of teeth on the spur-pulley)?
Old 03-18-2003, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by miniman
To lower the internal gear-ratio, you could try to put in two of the 41T diff pulleys instead of the std. 42T. I don`t know what the ratio would be though, does anyone know(the nr. of teeth on the spur-pulley)?
You can't set the proper belt tension with two 41 tooth pulley's in the car. I tried this on carpet with foams and felt that the belt was waaaaay too loose.
Old 03-22-2003, 06:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

TTT
Old 03-22-2003, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Is 40wt oil too light when using blue springs? I'm thinking about trying it tomorrow to make it react quicker.

I also have a new camera, so I'll take some pics of my Losi.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.