Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Old 03-12-2003, 06:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

is your droop more that 5mm?, are those the purple springs the front ones? if so there shorter than the silver rears it think.

Last edited by alfa; 03-12-2003 at 06:49 PM.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

dstrout, Try taking your rear droop screws completely out, then set your ride height. With RH set, put the droop screws back in, and set your droop. Note: The spring should never be preloaded. With the car off the ground, the spring should move freely (it can be close, or touch a little, but shouldn't be compressed)

Also, it's hard to tell in the picture, but it looks like you have the MF low roll center blocks. If you do, make sure your rear pivot support is in the lower hole. If it's in the upper holes (if that'll even work???) it would probably make it impossible to get ride height.

alfa, I don't think the spring length should matter. I run the 1" springs (shorter ones, long are 1.15" I beleive) front and rear, and get ride height easily. As long as you've got the same spring length left and right, it shouldn't matter.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've had the same problem with certain set ups. The G+ springs are all 1" - I think the old kits were 1" up front 1.5" in the rear. If you have any Associated clip-on pre-load spacers it's a good temporary fix. I finally found some 1.15" springs for the rear end and it orks much better ( with the associated clips the spring rub on the shock bodies ).
Old 03-12-2003, 08:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

is there a chance that you have the short FRONT shock shafts in the rear???
Old 03-13-2003, 03:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by STLNLST
is there a chance that you have the short FRONT shock shafts in the rear???
Well, since I didn't realize there was a difference, there's at least a 50% chance

I'll check it out. I know my front shocks are 2.3", as I measured them to make sure they were the same when I pout them back, but I haven't measures the rear -- I'll check it out. I'll also check the spring length, as I have a whole box o' springs and may have grabbed the wrong ones.

thanks guys,

dave.
Old 03-13-2003, 03:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Doh!

Well, I guess this falls in the category of having "a keen grasp of the obvious". A droop gauge is not a ride height gauge

I was trying to get the car up to the "3" on the droop gauge, which is closer to 12.5 mm! It's no wonder I ran out of shock travel. I'll have to run out & buy a ride height gauge at lunch today.

Thanks for the spring-length tip, though -- I did have 1" springs on the back -- I put the longer ones on while I was at it.

thanks,
dave.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

HAve you guys checked out the pictures from the carpet nats. Heres my question and I havent yet seen it addressed in the thread.

Has anyone noticed the ft guys cahnging the link from the servo to the steering rack take a look they are placing a ball in te middle of the rack lengthing the link. hhhmmm why would they do this?

any insight
later
Old 03-13-2003, 07:03 AM
Tech Initiate

i have the g+ and i run on a tight track (with my steering maxed) and i can't get the thing to turn (it pushes BAD!) ii run the orage springs in the front and whites in the back it also likes to lift the tires up in the end of the straightaway going into a 180 has anybody else had this problem i have tried lots of different stuff and it only makes it a little better! can anyone help?
Old 03-13-2003, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by RandyB

Has anyone noticed the ft guys cahnging the link from the servo to the steering rack take a look they are placing a ball in te middle of the rack lengthing the link. hhhmmm why would they do this?

any insight
later
I was told that this makes the steering less twitchy. Doesn't make sense to me, but that was what I've been told. It was originally done to the xxx4 and some of the guys did it to their sedans as well.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by RandyB

any insight
later
I was told that this makes the steering less twitchy. Doesn't make sense to me, but that was what I've been told. It was originally done to the xxx4 and some of the guys did it to their sedans as well.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

ii run the orage springs in the front and whites in the back it also likes to lift the tires up in the end of the straightaway
try the kit springs (puple front and silver back)
Old 03-14-2003, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

GUys,

I have my spare kit (G Plus) for sale in the Swap and Sells on RCtech. Just look for it under my name-of course. Its new in an un-opened box. PIcture and all!!! It will save you some money!!!

Ray
Old 03-14-2003, 08:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Jeffc, LouisB...

Since I am running on a slick surface should i run high or low roll centers? Front or rear etc?

Blake
Old 03-14-2003, 09:14 PM
Tech Champion

Default High Roll for slick surface.

I am not either of the guys you mentioned, but I would run high roll center on a slick surface because it has been my hands on experience that the higher the roll-the more planted the tires become-hence the more mechoncal grip you produce. After running both front and rear high, you can slowly lower the end that feels too planted-no matter what springs, tires etc you use.

Its a subtle thing to feel. Roll centers arent the easiest thing to feel till youve actually changed it and nothing else and know what it does on your car.
Old 03-14-2003, 09:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Rayhuang, thanks for the info! I need all i can get at the moment, this track is driving me crazy.

Blake

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.