Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Dc only chargers run cooler, weight less, ane smaller. The nternal p/s in an ac/dc charger usually is kinda weak, don't have power filters on them, and create a great deal of heat....
Old 03-01-2003, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Hooray! I just got a used XXX-S graphite! I just put in my Explorer2 , hitec receiver and servo, and P2k2. This car is so smoooooth its like butter! I love this car!!!

Anyway, Im currently using a J.R. XR2 AM , with a Hitec Receiver. Will this compatibility (JR to Hitec) cause glitching? If so should i be looking into getting a J.R. receiver and servo? Also, will having a J.R. crystal in the receiver and Controller cause glitching? I tried this and it was SOOOO glitchy i couldnt even drive!!

Should i then just use the money that i would buy seperate crystals with to buy a new JR receiver?

Help!
Old 03-01-2003, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Blakesrc
Neo-pro-3,

Maybe you are thinking of the ball cups, they are usually the cause of the slop in the wheels. I switched to RPM ball cups and they helped a lot.

Blake
yes they are the ball CUPS! I just forgot what they were called. Do you think the LOsi blue ball cups are as good as th RPM ones? Because i really want some color instead of the plain black, but if the color ones gives me the same results as the stock ones then i guess I'll go with the RPM ones. But could anyone tell me if the colored ball cups are good like the RPM ones and won't make my wheels slop.
Old 03-01-2003, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

The JR reciever comes with a reciever crystal.... you can also get a FUTABA reciever, it will work with jr or futaba crystals.....
Old 03-01-2003, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Neo- The rpm cups come in blue also....
Old 03-01-2003, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
Neo- The rpm cups come in blue also....
CooL thanks impactplayr! Anyone knows where to get them?
Old 03-01-2003, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

so a futaba receiver will work with a JR transmitter and crystals? And will a JR with JR crystals work with a futaba with futaba crystals? Thanks!
Old 03-01-2003, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

YES
Old 03-01-2003, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

Are there any hop ups that i will need to fully race? My standard servo is soooo fast (had to dial down to 50%!!) and the car hooks up fine, so a servo is not needed. What receiver do you reccomend me getting? I think a J.R. R200 will be fine, what do you guys think?

hows this servo? http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LC4158&P=1

Last edited by KevanB; 03-01-2003 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-01-2003, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default G+ question

Hi guys
I have a G+, which by the way is an amazing car, I have a problem though, I run on foams and when the foams get smaller in diameter normally one compensate with chassis height (and rollout of course), well I had been racing TC3s for about two years and used to use my foams up untill they were 55mm in diameter witout problems. With the XXX-s G+ my problem is that i cann't get higher that 5mm with foams about 60mm in diameter. The shock collar hit the non-threaded zone and it is impossible to get the chassis higher, It means that as soon as my foams get to 59mm in dia. I have to get new tires? That is absurd. I use the stock set-up which works pretty good to me and don't want to change it untill I get very used to the car (I only have it for two months). Any ideas on how to use smaller dia foams (let's say 57mm) with 5mm chassis height?
Old 03-01-2003, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

you need to unscrew the shck ends to get the ride height and droop....
Old 03-01-2003, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

KevanB- as a servo it sucks really bad.... however that is the reciever I told you about....LOL....all you have to do is CAREFULLY take a pair of needle nosed pliers and remove thecrystal from it's plastic case on the JR crystal.....

OR you can get this reciever http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXJB51**&P=0
which is the same thing only labeled as Tower hobbies brand...... and $5 cheaper!!!!!

Which you can put towards this http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXBFK1**&P=0

and have back up frequencies!!
Old 03-01-2003, 11:19 PM
Regional Moderator

kevan, the reason we turned your steering down is not due to the speed of the servo, it is to limit the amount of travel and thus how sharply the car will try to turn at full throw.

as for radio, try replacing your receiver crystal first before you go buy a new receiver. I am sure we can find a set to put in there to see if that is the problem.
Old 03-02-2003, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Re: G+ question

Originally posted by JLMG1971
Hi guys
I have a G+, which by the way is an amazing car, I have a problem though, I run on foams and when the foams get smaller in diameter normally one compensate with chassis height (and rollout of course), well I had been racing TC3s for about two years and used to use my foams up untill they were 55mm in diameter witout problems. With the XXX-s G+ my problem is that i cann't get higher that 5mm with foams about 60mm in diameter. The shock collar hit the non-threaded zone and it is impossible to get the chassis higher, It means that as soon as my foams get to 59mm in dia. I have to get new tires? That is absurd. I use the stock set-up which works pretty good to me and don't want to change it untill I get very used to the car (I only have it for two months). Any ideas on how to use smaller dia foams (let's say 57mm) with 5mm chassis height?
I had that same problem but there's a quick fix to that. Go and get some of the AE shock clamps (the one's people use to have to set tweak before threaded shocks came around) put these on the shocks right under the collar for the shock adjustment and everything will be okay.
Old 03-02-2003, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Just got back from the Norrca State champs in Bakersfield and the car was dialed. Came in third overall in mod behind Todd Hodge and Brad Long. Take off tire's worked great down there. Now it's time to get really ready for the out door season. I'm off to a good start so far. The track was wide open and you barely let off in some turns but I never came close to dumping with a 9x2. The Losi doesn't have the shaft but it has great snap and is very efficient so all of the talk of a belt being below a shaft can go out of the door because I saw more than one TC3 dump over the weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.