R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-26-2004, 01:55 PM   #1006
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by moonman
It's just unbelievably if Orion is the only live coverage. There must be Americans that does the coverage of the worlds also.

We can't be debendent on a european company going to US to do the live coverage of the TC worlds.

Usually there is good coverage of all the major races in europe and japan but the TC Worlds in USA, the most important race in the rc world, have no US based coverage, really makes one wonder in what state RC racing is in the US, is it dieing
Hey man,

There is a full coverage from a Europe compagny in partnerships with some great US reporters and even Business....

I have the link because i'm one of the maestro of this LIVE BROADCAST...... We are working now on the webpage for the ISTC, i'm not sure to have a full LIVE from tomorrow because we have to make sure all our sources are ok, joinable and free..... That is a diffiult challenge because all servers are in Europe and we use the phone to get the results and more if possible.... I'm waiting a mail from Futureal and after we should be ready....

But have a quick look HERE
SPEEDx971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 01:56 PM   #1007
Tech Master

Default Orion coverage

All you guys need to ask yourself something.... How much money did you pay or give to Orion for the FREE coverage that they are trying to provide?

What's that? I can't hear you. It sounds like nothing.

Take what they're giving and like it or find a way to do better youself.

E

Just had to vent... let it go.
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 01:58 PM   #1008
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ALL APPROVED

Quote:
Originally posted by trackdesigner71
How about we stop talking about Orion's shortcomings with live coverage and talk about Masami winning his 14th overall world title and his 4th title in 12th scale in the last 5 world championships. Is he running TC? Id like to see him finish out his electric resume by winning the TC title. He has won every other electric world title (Pro10 1x, Pro12 5x with his title this year, 2wd offroad 4x, 4wd offroad 4x). That is what I call the most versatile electric RC racer in history!

How's about we get off Orion for a bit and just bask in the glory of one of the great champions in RC history

nuff said ( tq hobbies)
Old 10-26-2004, 02:04 PM   #1009
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200
Default Re: Orion coverage

Quote:
Originally posted by EricF
All you guys need to ask yourself something.... How much money did you pay or give to Orion for the FREE coverage that they are trying to provide?

What's that? I can't hear you. It sounds like nothing.

Take what they're giving and like it or find a way to do better youself.

E

Just had to vent... let it go.

How FUN, we do give a lot of money to Orion by the products we do buy from them, this kind of arguments does not work with me.
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 02:25 PM   #1010
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

SPEEDx971: I got the mail (along with about 100 others) and I am just too far behind to answer everything right now. I do remember something about exclusivity, but I am not big on exclusive deals; R/C Tech is meant to be a free exchange of information from any and all willing parties. I will take a closer look this afternoon if I have a moment.

all else: Let's not slam Orion too hard here. I spent four hours last week looking for a hotel near Kissimmee that had internet access, and found zero (aside from one that was like $300 a night). I wanted to do a live broadcast but if you're given nothing to work with, it's difficult. It's easy for me at races like Cleveland or anything at Trackside in Milwaukee, where we are given high speed in our rooms and I can keep people up to date.

I used my cell phone for Reedy ROC and Snowbirds results, and will probably do the same this coming year. But coverage is very underappreciated... I get no money for doing it, but it generally means that (a) I can't really enjoy whichever event I'm at, and (b) I get no sleep and have a lot of stress placed on me. It's really not all that fun. Before R/C Tech, there were few--if any-- places on the net to get up-to-date info about races like this, so hopefully at least a few of you are happy to have a place like this where we can discuss what is going on at the track, even if we can't be there.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:25 PM   #1011
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Seano
And 1/12ths are perfectly capable of running on asphalt... As we have seen
Exactly, the last three Worlds have been on Asphalt, now it's time for Carpet.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 02:33 PM   #1012
Tech Regular

Next time the worlds are to be arranged in Europe, so the chances for carpet racing are quite good!
MartinSorlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 02:40 PM   #1013
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Racer_Chick Send a message via MSN to Racer_Chick

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
I get no sleep and have a lot of stress placed on me. It's really not all that fun.
Yeah, it wouldn't have been surprising for people to have mistaken you for a zombie at the birds lol
Old 10-26-2004, 02:43 PM   #1014
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Adam Hartzell

The last time the worlds were in Europe it was a carpet race. Spashett won all 3 classes driving for Trinity/Losi. Although TC was just a provisional class.
Adam Hartzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 02:46 PM   #1015
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
SPEEDx971: I got the mail (along with about 100 others) and I am just too far behind to answer everything right now. I do remember something about exclusivity, but I am not big on exclusive deals; R/C Tech is meant to be a free exchange of information from any and all willing parties. I will take a closer look this afternoon if I have a moment.

all else: Let's not slam Orion too hard here. I spent four hours last week looking for a hotel near Kissimmee that had internet access, and found zero (aside from one that was like $300 a night). I wanted to do a live broadcast but if you're given nothing to work with, it's difficult. It's easy for me at races like Cleveland or anything at Trackside in Milwaukee, where we are given high speed in our rooms and I can keep people up to date.

I used my cell phone for Reedy ROC and Snowbirds results, and will probably do the same this coming year. But coverage is very underappreciated... I get no money for doing it, but it generally means that (a) I can't really enjoy whichever event I'm at, and (b) I get no sleep and have a lot of stress placed on me. It's really not all that fun. Before R/C Tech, there were few--if any-- places on the net to get up-to-date info about races like this, so hopefully at least a few of you are happy to have a place like this where we can discuss what is going on at the track, even if we can't be there.
Well said. Personally I think you go farther out of your way than you need to. An update at the end of the day and maybe some pics after the event is all over would be more than enough and more than we ever had before. You have every right to enjoy yourself at these events, as do the Orion guys. What's the difference if we get the info right this second or later at night when you get the chance to post it. Thanks for the coverage you guys do and relax and enjoy yourselves.

Jarrod- Pics are awesome as usual.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 03:22 PM   #1016
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Gary Guest

To all regarding the Team Orion live coverage:

There was difficulty in finding a place that had a connection to be able to provide you with the coverage that we had planned on. We originally were going to have 3 live streaming cameras and possible live sound from the announcers tower but nothing worked out as planned. We are also a little dissapointed because we try to cover these events, for you, the best way possible.

For now we are updating the coverage at the end of each day and from my understanding there is a long drive required to get to the nearest connection point so I believe that once a day is the plan until something changes.

Futureal :Thanks

Thanks,
Gary Guest
Marketing Coordinator Team Orion USA
Gary Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 03:38 PM   #1017
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by johnnywhopper
what's next 8th on-road in the dirt?
They did have the 1/8th Offroad worlds on concrete!
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 03:38 PM   #1018
Tech Elite

This will wind a few people up I'm sure...

Stop moaning about the 1/12th worlds being held on asphalt.

Sure, the Japanese drivers have more experience on the surface - but Masami and Hara are always going to be a threat, whatever surface you run on. Don't assume a US or European driver will be guaranteed victory.

At the end of the day, 1/12th is the support act - 1/10th are the headliners.

1/10th touring should be run on tarmac, simple as that. It's the most evocative surface for RC's top world championship. 1/12th has to follow suit.

If you organised an exclusively 1/12th worlds on carpet... nobody would turn up. Better that they are at the same venue, at least you get a world-class turnout.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 03:57 PM   #1019

Send a message via AIM to Jpilone

Boy! you guys sure are demanding!! Nightly updates aren't enough?

I'm STILL editing A main photos. I'm about 75% done and then I'll watermark them and upload them. I'll advise after they are uploaded..

thanks to everyone for the compliments on the photos.
Jpilone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 04:04 PM   #1020
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Adam Hartzell

For those on the east coast, a new indoor asphalt track just opened in Michigan. The surface is identical to socal. So 1/12 racers have a great place to test 1/12 on tarmac. It shouldent matter what surface its run on. As long as people show up to race and support our hobby thats all that matters.
Adam Hartzell is offline   Reply With Quote