Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-14-2004, 09:49 PM   #346
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Xray Kid
Eddie

What do these actually do and what is the advantage of these things?

Cheers
Nathan
they function like a capacitor to a degree, but they are attached at a different spot on the motor.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:06 PM   #347
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

They smooth the powerband, increase runtime, and decrease comm wear.....and no fade during the run.

Later EddieO
Old 09-15-2004, 01:41 AM   #348
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by EddieO
They smooth the powerband, increase runtime, and decrease comm wear.....and no fade during the run.

Later EddieO
Now that's what I call impressive sales talk.

Do they really do all these things ? MAGIC !!!!!!!!!!!
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 01:51 AM   #349
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, while Big Jim sells them(his back log for them is huge)......I own the production rights to them and I doubt if I ever will sell, except maybe on a special order basis for good customers.

The things are a pain in the ass to attach and there is really no way to streamline the production process to any consistency....so until I overcome that...don't look to order one any time soon.

And yes....they really do what I am saying.......feel free and ask Randy Caster(guy has like 10,000 posts on here), he runs them....also feel free to go over to Jim's forum and read some of the reports from people who have used them.

So much for the impressive sales talk theory....

Later EddieO
Old 09-15-2004, 02:05 AM   #350
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by EddieO
Well, while Big Jim sells them(his back log for them is huge)......I own the production rights to them and I doubt if I ever will sell, except maybe on a special order basis for good customers.

The things are a pain in the ass to attach and there is really no way to streamline the production process to any consistency....so until I overcome that...don't look to order one any time soon.

And yes....they really do what I am saying.......feel free and ask Randy Caster(guy has like 10,000 posts on here), he runs them....also feel free to go over to Jim's forum and read some of the reports from people who have used them.

So much for the impressive sales talk theory....

Later EddieO
EddieO; Can you keep a couple for me to pick up at the worlds?
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 02:37 AM   #351
Tech Master

Its sad to see all of the problems involving the sanctioning bodies. But its a pretty common problem when you try to govern different groups who all want to have the rules thier way and for thier benefit. Thier is no reason that everyone worldwide shouldnt be able to all run under one set of simple clarrified rules. The problem lies with getting the egos and political bs out of the way to make it happen. The talk of a union is actually the only answer. Someone has to get enough of the major race promoters together and simply take over. It sounds simpler than it would be tho. Someone still has to do all of the work and planning. I would gladly voluntere for the job if it were that simple.

Josh, now that your not only one of the most respected drivers in the industry. But a manufacturer and a shop owner. You can get something organized. I know myself and alot of others just here on this forumn would be behind you 100%. Something else for you to think about doing with all of your free time.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:10 PM   #352
FTSPEEDWAY

Default wait to see what happens

Hey guys I know that people are saying that protoform will be allowed to enter some of there bodys.Please do not take anyones word on this until myself of Ifmar tells you other wise. It is correct Ifmar and roar are talking but please dont jump the gun. I'll get the list as soon as they decided on which ones are approved. I will let you know this asap.

Thank You
Jorge Ruiz
FTS1
Full Throttle Speedway
Old 09-15-2004, 07:18 PM   #353
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear

Is the body shell issue the only thing that is holding up the 2nd stage report?? If so could we possible get all the other information from the 2nd stage report we are still waiting on published to at least get any other issues out of the way.
I will be flying out in 3 weeks time for the worlds and want to make sure everything is organised before I leave.
Thanks
JConcepts www.jconcepts.net
Ace Hobby Distributors www.acehobbyaustralia.com
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 07:40 PM   #354
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Check the Website...the Stage 2 Report has ben up for at least 2 days. Thats when I first saw it.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 07:50 PM   #355
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear

Got it, thanks.
Although it doesn't say much different to the first one.
JConcepts www.jconcepts.net
Ace Hobby Distributors www.acehobbyaustralia.com
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 08:06 PM   #356
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know both Adrian and Jorge have asked all not to come on and upset ifmar, but some answers are needed!!! It's easy to see that this is going to come right down to the wire. Just like the pre worlds 170/190 mm wing mess.

We are running out of time gentlemen.Someone needs to make a command decision NOW!!! This is "THE WORLDS CHAMPIONSHIP" not some second rate club race. Could all parties put aside attitudes and egos and just get the damn thing done????? We are waiting for your answers, Thanks.
tmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 08:15 PM   #357
Tech Addict

Default Stage 2 report???

I may be dense, but what web site is the stage 2 report on.

- not roar

- on full throttle I see the IFMAR rules, but no Stage 2 report

where am I missing it???
barrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 08:18 PM   #358
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Re: Stage 2 report???

Quote:
Originally posted by barrys

- not roar

where am I missing it???
Just hit 'Refesh' on your web brower. http://fullthrottlespeedway.com/worlds.htm?
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 08:31 PM   #359
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to lmunno
Default Re: Stage 2 report???

Quote:
Originally posted by barrys

- not roar

where am I missing it???
I had the same problem. Try this I just changed the one to two.

http://fullthrottlespeedway.com/flyers/stage_two.pdf
lmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 08:46 PM   #360
FTSPEEDWAY

Default stage two report

Hey guys I had to pull the stage two report off again to change hotel info and also some other thing Ifmar needed to approve. Sorry but the hotels have told me a few hours ago that they are not going to be able to support the race as we needed. The Hotel in question will be Best Western (host hotel) and Econo Lodge.
These hotels have had major storm damaged and can not do what they said they could. The new host hotel will be the Ramada Inn (downtown- kissimmee) the number is 407-846-2713
please ask for rc track or electric worlds. I'll put the stage two up tomorrow. Sorry guys I'm just rolling with punches here with all the changes. The new hotels are right next to the track as well

Jorge
FTS1