Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 06:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Bodies

Yes Tim I can see your point and in most respects the people it affect most is the average racer. However if I was a manufacturer of bodies or motors or batteries for that matter I would make dam sure my bodies were on the list and I fully understood the process otherwise you probably don't deserve your job. I notice by looking at the list that all the FEMCA bodies seem to be in place and of course EFRA I don't think has any manufacturers so they probably wouldn't care (could be wrong on that am not an expert) so the problem would only seem to be in the USA but then I could be wrong.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:30 AM
TLRacing

There is a fee....I believe it was $200 a body.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:31 AM
TLRacing

IFMAR REGISTERED BODIES
ISTC 1/10
Andys/Trinity
Dodge Stratus (2000, #3300;
2002, Trinity REF 1002)
Honda BTCC Accord (2000,
#3315; 2002 Trinity REF
1003)
Chemic Ride
Honda Accord (2004, #195)
Dodge Stratus MK-I, MK-II,
MKIII (2004, #190, #191,
#193)
Chevron Models
Alfa Romeo 156 (2000,
#ZTC005)
Hot Bodies
Dodge Stratus (2000,
#10715)
HPI Racing
Alfa Romeo 156 (2000,
#7411)
BMW 3-series (2000, #7302)
Dodge Stratus (2000, #7316
and #7344, 2004, #7348))
Kyosho
Toyota Altezza/Lexus IS 200
(2000, #39965)
Pro-Line/Protoform
Alfa Romeo 156 (2000,
#1419-00)
Dodge Stratus (2000, #1427-
00)
Vauxhall(Opel Vectra (2000,
#1429-00)
Team Losi
Skoda (2004, #Losa 8056)
Alfa 156^(2004, #Losa 8053)
Tamiya
Subaru Legacy (2004, #3727)
Yokomo
Dodge Stratus (2000, #ZRASB
and #ZR-ASB-B, 2002
#ZR-YSBC, 2004 #ZR-YBSE
and ZR-YBSD)
Toyota Altezza (2000,
#ZR-TAB)
Honda Accord (2004, #ZS-
26)
Old 09-10-2004, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Lets see what happens

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FTSPEEDWAY
[B]Hey guys this is Jorge and I would like to see if we all can stop giving Ifmar a hard time. I don’t favor any one group of people. People who know me know that I stand neutral on all matters.
Guys we sometimes fail to realize that this is not a Roar race this is an IFMAR’s race and their rules are what we need to follow. We may not all like them but the rules are the rules. Lets see what IFMAR and Roar come up with first. We all know that they are all talking right now. So sit tight and lets see what happens.

Thanks Guys
Jorge
FTS1

And as far as ROAR is concerned how many times does it take them to realize that every 2 years are the worlds and that we should have everything in place so that we are ready. ROAR is the governing body we pay a membership fee to represent us in IFMAR and they are doing a poor job representing the electric racers, funny the nitro guys are set up and have a list.
Its in our control to make changes here in the USA with our organization. But with IFMAR I dont know how to change it, but if we all speak up I am sure it should make a difference, so yes I will bash, bringup,disclose, and state on behalf of my fellow racers here in the USA, and abroad.

Last edited by speedxl; 09-10-2004 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jorge is asking everone to sit tight and be quiet becuase there are a lot of talks going on right now. If you keep calling out ROAR and IFMAR it may make them less willing to work with the parties involved.

Please sit tight and let this work itself out for a few days.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:36 AM
Tech Addict

Default New Rules Question - non Body

Who at the event will be responsible for deciding whether a motor is legal or not?

The reason I am asking is that some of us are intending to use the new Power Trix devices from 'Big Jim' that are just electrical gizmos (a technical term) that he welds between the comm plates.

ROAR has specified that, since these aren't that different per se from capacitors, etc., they are considered legal.

The motors, arms, etc. themselves are on the IFMAR approved list and thus not an issue.

I have read the IFMAR rules and they don't say it can't be done, but being neurotic...
Attached Thumbnails 2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway-power-trix-devices.jpg  
Tech Apprentice

well said speedxl

in the uk we have a list for 1/12th and TC's and these lists are updated whenever a new shell is submitted and I am sure that if the event was in the uk the BRCA lists would be submitted when it is suposed to.
In my opinion who ever the block running the event they should ensure that all relavent lists be submitted on time.

I have had to get the shells that I thought would be ok to find out of the shells I had for 1/12 only 2 are on the list,I am know getting some more shells painted for the 1/12 event time is getting on and I feel this needs addressing quickly.

just my thoughts

Alan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

It is frustrating to see how many of the large events just cannot seem to get all of the rule details in a row to make for a smooth event. I am a ROAR member and was at the Nats in Portland. I know the guys running the event were frustrated by some of the items that fell thourhg the cracks... ie tech equipment. These are major events and some professionalism is not that unfair of a request by the members. I understand that these people are volunteers...but they also asked to take on the responsibilites. I hope it gets worked out...because once again it is the people traveling to the event that lose out in the long run.

Jeff
Old 09-10-2004, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

To understand the Power Trix devices....they function like a capacitor to a degree, but they are attached at a different spot on the motor.

ROAR ruled they were a legal modification to a ROAR approved arm....I could never get a response from IFMAR.

Later EddieO
Old 09-10-2004, 05:28 PM
Tech Addict

IFMAR haven't replied to my questions either. I will be bringing some if they arrive in time and I will just ask the scrutineering guy myself I think. If he doesn't know he will have to contact IFMAR so sooner or later they are going to have to have a firm answer.

Mike
Old 09-12-2004, 01:52 PM
TLRacing

This all comes down to a new organization is needed. A organization that has paid employees to help the tracks put on the events and make sure they are put on right. This includes, tech equipment, tire tech rules, body rules that are very clear to everyone and so on. The list can go on for awhile. We can not expect anyone to do a awesome job as a volunteer as much as we could expect from someone who is getting paid to do their job. I really wish the manufacturers would get together and chip in some $$ to put this organization together. The problem is that whenever the manufacturers do get together there are too many ego's in one room and no one can agree on anything. The day we do not race anymore will be the day the manufacturers will have a dumb look on their face asking themselves "What happened?? "
Old 09-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In reply to your enquiry received to-day, it is advised that a new IFMAR
World Championship Rule has just been approved regarding the use of
bodyshells at the above event, i.e. all bodyshells contained in a Bloc's
approved bodyshell list will be allowed to be used at the IFMAR event. The
Bloc, in your case, ROAR, has to submit its list to IFMAR four months prior
to the event and this list will be distributed by the organiser to all
competitors.

As you advise that your Company's bodyshell is already on the ROAR list, it
will be allowed to be used at the event.

Best regards
John Grant]
President, IFMAR.

This was an e-mail from IFMAR to a US mfg back in MARCH!! Plenty of time for the mfg's to still get bodies sent in if need be - no one thought they had to as this was supposedly the new rule!!... Suddenly things change though as the powers that be at IFMAR woke up on the other side of the bed.... And they wonder why none of us really want to put effort into supporting ROAR or IFMAR..... Makes you wonder why the two of the biggest races in the WORLD are not ROAR or IFMAR events (ie. U.S. Indoor Champs and the Snowbirds). The rules need to be set-up, simple black and white for all to see and follow - simple as that.

All I can say is AMEN Mr. Hodge..... Without the racers, ROAR, IFMAR and the MFG's have no reason to exist on a racing level... It's just a matter of time until all the racers ask "Why do we bang our heads against the wall like this and put up with the same crap at every race??"... and then do something about it!!

I sat in on the IFMAR meetings in South Africa talking about many rules changes and doing the things that would make racing better and cheaper for not only the major companies but also the average racers. NONE of the items have been addressed since I was in those meetings (weight limits, tire rules, before race testing limits, etc..) and here we are AGAIN, 3 WC's in a row with rule issues and a ton of unanswered questions... What a shame it's becoming the norm to expect while preparing for an IFMAR Electric race.....

I give props to Jorge and everyone down in Florida for battling through the hurricanes and still trying to get things sorted to put on a good show. Now, they just need to weather the storm of all of us irrate r/c racers and race officials to hopefully keep their sanity and still enjoy the hobby!!!

Just my .02.... I could be wrong....
Old 09-12-2004, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Maybe its time to get some new leadership into the organization....

Later EddieO
Old 09-12-2004, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

a.curry64 - The CEFX 1/12 body is BRCA approved, EFRA approved but yet it is not on the list... So it seems this one has also fallen through ROAR, BRCA and EFRA's cracks under this supposed "new rule"...

Now, in comment to Mr. Grant's defense that that e-mail was in reguards to the 200mm Worlds - Again... Added confussion to the rules that should not even be there. The same approval rules should apply for ALL classes of racing. Easy for the MFG's and easy for the racers......
Old 09-12-2004, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Not to change the subject or anything but can someone point me to a list of all the attending drivers for this event? Either e-mail me or send me a pm. Thanks!

Kraig
KT Hobbies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.