R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-08-2004, 03:41 PM   #256
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother

What we really need is ONE bodylist.

That means ONE. So you do IC touring or Electric touring at the Worlds, the ROAR nats, or some regional in the UK or whereever and its THE SAME LIST.

But that will never happen because people won't ever end up sitting down together and deciding exactly what the rules and outlines are.

I don't have a problem with having a bodylist (even if sometimes it is limited), as long as I know that applies to ALL the races I do (and I don't do any internationals) - I'm sure all the drivers who spend many weeks racing away round the world would want that too, knowing that they don't need one shell cut to IFMAR specs, one to EFRA and one to their nationa spec or whatever.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:56 PM   #257
FTSPEEDWAY

Default BODY LIST AND WEBSITE.

HEY EVERYONE I NEED YOU GUYS NOT TO STIR THINGS UP PLEASE I WILL MAKE A CALL TONIGHT TO THE GRANTS TO GET THIS ISSUE RESOLVED. THEY ARE THE ONES WITH THE POWER TO APPROVE STUFF. SO LET ME CALL TONIGHT AND I WILL TRY TO HAVE A ANSWER FOR YOU IN A DAY OR SO.

AS FOR TYHE WEB SITE THE SERVER WENT DOWN AND IT WONT BE BACK UP UNTIL TOMMOROW EVENING. THATS WHAT IVE BEEN TOLD . THIS HAS HAPPEN BECAUSE OF THE STORMS WE HAD HERE.

THANKS GUYS

JORGE RUIZ

FTS1
Old 09-08-2004, 03:59 PM   #258
Tech Rookie

Yes, would be cool to have ONE reglement but that was only a dream

Fact is that some companys are sleeping and do NOT sending the bodys to IFMAR!!!

Its a shame!
Robert B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:52 AM   #259
Tech Apprentice

correct Robert,best of luck Jorge,I emailed josh a while ago and he told me that he wes told the ROAR list would be used and thats why the CEFX was not submitted.

Alan
a.curry64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 07:46 AM   #260
Tech Addict

Jorge - any word back from Australia regarding the evident confusion that the manufactures thought that the ROAR approved body list was going to be included by IFMAR, and it obviously wasn't?

Obviously, it is already tonight there so hopefully you have heard back from them already.
barrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:00 AM   #261
Tech Rookie

Double shame!!

Worlds are IFMAR!! Every little child know it!

btw my grandmother told me that we can use all bodys at the Worlds! So my grandmother is right, or no?
Robert B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:04 AM   #262
Tech Adept

The Dodge Stratus "2" is raced in NASCAR isn't it?

Could that be how it has been homologated?

The whole bodyshell situation is absolute rubbish. I have never seen an old Dodge Stratus race, the Vauxhall Vectra is not raced any more (not in that shape any way). Yet the shells which are raced in competitve series (Vauxhall Astra BTCC and MG ZS) are not allowed.

I think all the sanctioning bodies and bodyshell manafacturers need to take a look at what cars are racing in current race series and use those designs. I know many people over here who don't even believe the Dodge Stratus' are real cars, when I ordered one from my LHS back in 1998 he thought it was some made up car!

Liam
Liam_Davies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:58 AM   #263
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03
Default Bodies

Here is a letter that John Grant sent to me on March 29th. I was asking abot what approval process we had to go through to get our bodies legal. If anyone wants I can forward this email to them. You can contact me at [email protected] The way I look at it is if ROAR submitted the list in time there should be no questions as to what is legal.

Paul

TO: MR P CICCARELLO
PARMA INTERNATIONAL

Dear Mr Ciccarello

In reply to your enquiry received to-day, it is advised that a new IFMAR World Championship Rule has just been approved regarding the use of bodyshells at the above event, i.e. all bodyshells contained in a Bloc's approved bodyshell list will be allowed to be used at the IFMAR event. The Bloc, in your case, ROAR, has to submit its list to IFMAR four months prior to the event and this list will be distributed by the organiser to all competitors.

As you advise that your Company's bodyshell is already on the ROAR list, it will be allowed to be used at the event.

Best regards
John Grant]
President, IFMAR.
chicky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:09 AM   #264
Tech Addict

Now the question is 'what if ROAR never submitted the list'

Companies like Parma (and racers who want to use their bodies) shouldn't be punished if there was a ROAR mistake.
barrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:48 AM   #265
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Liam_Davies

The whole bodyshell situation is absolute rubbish. I have never seen an old Dodge Stratus race, the Vauxhall Vectra is not raced any more (not in that shape any way). Yet the shells which are raced in competitve series (Vauxhall Astra BTCC and MG ZS) are not allowed.

I think all the sanctioning bodies and bodyshell manafacturers need to take a look at what cars are racing in current race series and use those designs. I know many people over here who don't even believe the Dodge Stratus' are real cars, when I ordered one from my LHS back in 1998 he thought it was some made up car!

Liam
The old "original" Dodge Stratus was raced in the very short lived (96-96) North American Touring Car Championship. Suppose to be the BTCC for America but it never took off. Look here for pics of the old Stratus in racing trim and look at the bottom for a link to more pics.
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jackr/touring/snatc.html

And yes what we call the Stratus 2.0 was used in some of the weekly NASCAR Touring Series. They call there weekly series Touring Series as they tour the nation not meaning what most people mean when they say Touring Cars. Since NASCAR is a sacutioning body in the USA it does technically satisfy the IFMAR rule. A reach I know but it does.

As for the made up car that woudl be the Nemeis....hahahaha
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:01 PM   #266
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Once again, ROAR always seems to be at the end of the paper trail when the ball has been drop time after time. ROAR was also responsible for the long delay in the final approval of the spec tire because they never returned their vote while all other gov. bodies had their votes in for 2 months

But of course all the ROAR bodies have been legalized for the Nitro worlds, this is a prime example that the people running ROAR are nitro racers and only show interest in nitro

President: Rick Wilson
535 Crater Camp Drive
Malibu Canyon, California 91302
Phone: (310) 940-6171
Fax: (818) 340-6201
e-mail: [email protected]

Vice President: Mike Queller
9212 Gallant Fox
Austin, TX 78737
Phone: (512) 326-8481
Fax: (512) 326-8706
e-mail:[email protected]

Secretary / Treasurer: Randy Holst
25658 SE 154th St.
Issaquah WA 98027
Phone: 425-417-4319
[email protected]

These are the guys that need to be contacted and question as to why there is ZERO support for electric.

Oh wow, I just got my new rev-up in yesterday 9/8/04 and the race entry for the Nitro sedan nationals is just in time...To bad the race was last weekend

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:14 PM   #267
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

WOW
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:16 PM   #268
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Arrow

Quote:
I think all the sanctioning bodies and bodyshell manafacturers need to take a look at what cars are racing in current race series and use those designs.
Liam
True.

What I don't understand is why the manufacturers choose to produce bodies that have never raced when they know the IFMAR rules.

Example; Why did Protoform make a Mazda 6 when they could have called the 'same' body a Honda Accord and it would most probably have been IFMAR legal as that body is raced in the European Touring Car Championship?

Here's a list of CURRENT bodies that the manufacturers could make that would fill the IFMAR requirements:

Alfa Romeo 156 (ETCC)
BMW 320i (ETCC)
Seat Toledo Cupra (ETCC)
Honda Accord Euro R (ETCC)
Honda Civic Type-R (ETCC)
Ford Focus ST170 (ETCC)
Peugeot 307 Gti (ETCC)

Volvo S60 (STCC-Swedish Touring Car Championship)
Audi A4 (STCC)

The FIA 2-litre touring car rules are used in other countries as well so there are even more models that would be allowed by IFMAR.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:33 PM   #269
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ken, please see my previous post about the Mazda.....
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:35 PM   #270
Tech Master

Quote:

Liam
Oh yeah! One of the Startus 1 that raced in north america then vent to france, to the company that raced the Vipers ( ORECA or something similar ). From there it vent to Good ól Sweden for a couple of seasons, racing inSTCC, and was dropped two years ago if I know it right. But it is called Chrysler Stratus here. I like the Dodge name better!
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote