R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-03-2004, 10:54 AM   #1921
Tech Master

Because the layout was not liked by some of the drivers it was made easier. If you look carefully, the layout was almost exactly the same as the preworlds.Go back and check the pics!!! The only difference was the entrance to the straight and then the layout would be almost like the 1/12th layout of the preworlds... Probably 90% the same!!!!!HHHMMMM !

I think Marc is awesome because Masami and Hara were already running this basic layout in with their 12th scale and he still won!!! I am not taking anything from those drivers just noticing that Marc was on another level

Last edited by rangulo; 11-03-2004 at 11:02 AM.
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:04 AM   #1922
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by rangulo
Because the layout was not liked by some of the drivers it was made easier. If you look carefully, the layout was almost exactly the same as the preworlds.Go back and check the pics!!! The only difference was the entrance to the straight and then the layout would be almost like the 1/12th layout of the preworlds... Probably 90% the same!!!!!HHHMMMM !

I think Marc is awesome because Masami and Hara were already running this basic layout in with their 12th scale and he still won!!! I am not taking anything from those drivers just noticing that Marc was on another level
Marc ran 1/12 as well and made the A main. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:04 AM   #1923

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Jpilone

Here are the official results from IFMAR
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 10th_scale_finishers.pdf (31.3 KB, 485 views)
Jpilone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:11 AM   #1924
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

We all have our favorite drivers, car makes and country we pull for. The great thing is we have the right to support and route for these racers...the only negative thing is when people go overboard with being poor losers and poor winners....this thread has some of both going on. I am all for good information and interesting facts about the race. But there seems to be a division between the US posts and the Europe takes. Events like the Worlds are a showcase of the best from everywhere...should bring us together as racers not divide....

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:29 AM   #1925
Tech Master

Rick-- I think you misunderstood what I said. Before the Worlds we here in Florida had two races with an almost exact copy of the Worlds layout. In the month of May I think we had the preworlds and in august we also had a race with this very same layout. A lot of drivers stayed to practice for some time and ran the layout. It was planned to be more difficult and 60% different but was changed at the last minute. I was there when the dicision came down.

I was not saying that Marc did not run the layout in the worlds but that the others ran it more in the warm up races. The track was run backwards for 1'12th scale at this world event.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:34 AM   #1926
Tech Master

The one that complained about the first proposal of the touring track, with the long strait and sweeper was Barry Baker. Loud. And he got what he wanted. There where two problems. One that said the track have to be 60 % different ( or keep 60%? ) than the warm-up, the other problem was that by changing the rythm, all the investments in going to the warm-up was throw away the money and work. The whole point by going to a warm-up, is to be warmed up, and not cooled down...
Anyway, Marc was awesome, and I was little suppriced as I thought Hara would be the strongest.
But donīt we all miss Masami victory in 1/12?
Whatīs most amazing is that he only one time ever, have been lower than 4:th on a World Championship. All classes included.
Just fantastic!
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:26 PM   #1927

Well,

Given some comments exchanged the first day of the worlds, I doubt the decision to change the track was based on Barry Baker's. It was most likely IFMAR's
Old 11-03-2004, 12:32 PM   #1928
Tech Master

I think Barry would of preferred a tight layout over the Open flowing layout. I saw him complain about something else not the tight american style layout. I think he would have had a better result having the track really tight....I agree with Jpilone!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 12:33 PM   #1929
Tech Fanatic

Anders...Dont start saying anything you dont know about......

The track has to be 60% different then what has been run on before.......it is an IFMAR rule...that is all I stated..

the layout they said was goin to be run was the 12th layout backwards...which was just fine for most everyone...some people that we wont mention said the track would be too difficult for touring cars...the funny thing is that it would have been the same for everyone(maybe a few more passing spots also)....

So before you say that is is anyones fault for the changes you should really understand the rules laid down by IFMAR...

BTW....congrats to Marc R. you kicked everyones butts all week..you deserve to be called WORLD CHAMPION!!!!
Barry Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:36 PM   #1930

That's what I was insinuating. I recall Jorge coming into timing and scoring saying something about IFMAR saying the track change wasn't enough, so I'm sure that's the case.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:39 PM   #1931

And I personally prefer a tight layout. I enjoy being able to run a tighter line than someone and "slice and dice" with them. It's fun and keeps you on your toes. It's also more exciting for spectators to watch. Tight is good, but you also need a straightaway to "open it up"

Quote:
Originally posted by rangulo
I think Barry would of preferred a tight layout over the Open flowing layout. I saw him complain about something else not the tight american style layout. I think he would have had a better result having the track really tight....I agree with Jpilone!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 12:56 PM   #1932
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry Baker
Anders...Dont start saying anything you dont know about......

The track has to be 60% different then what has been run on before.......it is an IFMAR rule...that is all I stated..

the layout they said was goin to be run was the 12th layout backwards...which was just fine for most everyone...some people that we wont mention said the track would be too difficult for touring cars...the funny thing is that it would have been the same for everyone(maybe a few more passing spots also)....

So before you say that is is anyones fault for the changes you should really understand the rules laid down by IFMAR...

BTW....congrats to Marc R. you kicked everyones butts all week..you deserve to be called WORLD CHAMPION!!!!
Hi Barry,

finally a German who beat you :-))

Something I never even came close to dream about :-(

Btw, I'm back in Germany now, maybe I'll see you at the next race in Eppelheim Duuude.

It was great meeting you (every time) and watch you race....
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:57 PM   #1933
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Jezuz why dont you ask him out for dinner next time
mosieur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:59 PM   #1934

I think his name is Stefan, not Jesus...

Bless you my child!
Old 11-03-2004, 02:02 PM   #1935
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to SirSpeedy Send a message via AIM to SirSpeedy Send a message via Yahoo to SirSpeedy

I don't think Barry is single.