Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-30-2004, 11:46 PM   #1681
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thanks to everyone that covered this event. now i want to know when
the dvd will be released for this race.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:45 AM   #1682
Tech Addict

TCR, there's no problem if you want to copy anything I typed into the discussion item on SGRID, but please post that this is where it came from. I don't mind people copying what I type, as long as they ask first, and say where the information came from.

Also please leave a note that if there are/were any errors or typos, I will fix them on SGRID. If you're going to copy what I type and post it here, you've got to check back to see if anything on SGRID gets updated, and make the same changes here. There are a couple of emails I sent out asking for more information on a few things, and I'll do the updates when I get the answers.

My write-ups for what I think happened in each of the A-Mains is now posted as well, along with the results. If anyone can add anything to what I've written, please send me an email at "mikem @ rc-racing.com".

Photos are going to have to wait until tomorrow. My eyelids don't want to remain open any longer.
mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 12:49 AM   #1683
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

where can i find the other results to the race????? i wonna know who won the b main
Old 10-31-2004, 12:58 AM   #1684
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

As far as I know, you won't get an actual results printout (although somebody has typed in the results, I believe). I spent over $2K sending people to cover this race and IFMAR and Full Throttle shut us down, claiming an exclusive deal with RC Driver--who, incidentally, did no web or live coverage whatsoever. We repeatedly asked for results to post and were repeatedly shoved away.

I will be making a separate thread with my thoughts and any further discussion on this issue; please keep this one to just the results, discussion, and so on. Thanks.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:15 AM   #1685
Tech Addict

I don't think anyone here is aware of a lot of things. There are no digital results for many of the races. What there is, is a stack of printouts, with corrections marked in pen, with the final sheet signed off on by the IFMAR people.

Jarrod has all the information on his computer, and may be able to update the information, providing what everyone wants, but Jarrod (who is much smarter than I am) is quite likely sound asleep right now, instead of typing in information.

Everyone always wants information, but the facts are that the Autoscore IFMAR program did NOT work as intended, and corrections needed to be done by hand.

In addition to the above, some of the printouts have penalties that were written in manually. The only way this stuff could possibly be made available at the track, would be by someone going to the posted printouts and taking a photo of them, then posting that on the web.

......the results of the lower mains will be available at some point on SGRID, and the way that will probably happen is by me typing the whole thing in by hand. That, or waiting for Jarrod to update the data he has on his computer, after which he could presumably post the results.

Note: even if the Autoscore IFMAR program had worked as intended, to the best of my knowledge there is not yet any function where the Race Director can input a penalty into the results, and have the program re-calculate everything based on the revised data.

Please do not blame IFMAR, or the club, or Jarrod, or RC Driver. I know exactly how you feel, as that is exactly the information I also wanted, but it just does not exist.

OK, time to get down from my soapbox, and go to bed! ...that, or type in a lot of names now, and then go to sleep, and wait for someone to point out my typos... :-)
Old 10-31-2004, 01:28 AM   #1686
Tech Addict

TC3, the B-Mains are now typed in on SGRID. Response 93, item #150, on-road conference. http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/bac...eek:sgrid8,150 way down at the end.

As I just found out, another problem with the "computer data" is that the data contains missed laps, which were corrected manually. If the B-Main data was just handed out as-is, it would be wrong. Someone needs to go in and fix things manually.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:29 AM   #1687
R/C Tech Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by mikemyers
I don't think anyone here is aware of a lot of things. There are no digital results for many of the races. What there is, is a stack of printouts, with corrections marked in pen, with the final sheet signed off on by the IFMAR people.
This is not really true; digital results were available throughout the event, but only Jarrod was given access to them. We repeatedly asked for them and were repeatedly denied.

We do realize that when penalties, missed laps and such are assessed, they can not be instantly reflected in the digital results, and I do understand the need to prevent such results from getting out. But it is not difficult to alter them, nor is it difficult to omit a particular race if the result is in question. And telling somebody that "you can't have this, because someone else has the rights" is a lot different than saying "you can't have this yet because it needs to be fixed."

I do thank you for all the updates Mike, it has been great, and we know how hard you work. Typing results in by hand is a pain!
Old 10-31-2004, 01:45 AM   #1688
Tech Master

Everyone flamed on Orion over and over again about thier coverage. But nobody said anything about RC Driver who clearly state on thier site how they are the exclusive magazine and how they will have coverage on thier site. What a sad situation all around. Someone dropped the ball. And this should and I bet it will be addressed in the future.

As far as digital information. Only one definate absolute answer for that. RC Scoring Pro. Come on, this program is like trying to compare windows XP to windows 3.1. It is unacceptable to me that at such a level, that technology is not required or demanded. Doug has done everything but give the software away to get people up to date and still problem after problem at major races dealing with outdated scoring software.

It is sad and petty that such a prestigeous event that could have such a large impact on our sport has to overcome such petty ignorant incompetance. Thanks to everyone who fought for us all across the globe to give us such great coverage despite the hinderance of IFMAR.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:53 AM   #1689
Tech Addict

I posted from the B through the F Mains, but that's all the typing I want to do tonight.

I don't know what to say.... if someone told you that you couldn't have the results because someone else had "the rights", then they are wrong.... I hope they didn't mean it that way, but nobody should have "the rights" to that stuff. The race organizers should willingly provide it to all the magazines and websites that work so hard to actively promote r/c racing.

I think the real reason is not a matter of "rights", but just the fact that there are so many areas that need corrections. I believe Jarrod will be providing the data to people once he has corrected the errors.

By the way, I never did get updated data in Brazil either. Results were to be uploaded to the web, once they had been corrected, but the internet connection was miserable, and that didn't really work until after the race, when JL was able to upload the corrected data.

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............
Old 10-31-2004, 01:58 AM   #1690
R/C Tech Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by mikemyers
I don't know what to say.... if someone told you that you couldn't have the results because someone else had "the rights", then they are wrong.... I hope they didn't mean it that way, but nobody should have "the rights" to that stuff. The race organizers should willingly provide it to all the magazines and websites that work so hard to actively promote r/c racing.
I hope they didn't mean it that was as well; in fact, nothing would make me happier than to be wrong about this. But I have heard the same story from a number of people, most of whom are not connected to me or R/C Tech. This isn't a "sour grapes" argument on my part, it's more out of concern for the industry that I have chosen to be a part of.

Quote:
By the way, I never did get updated data in Brazil either. Results were to be uploaded to the web, once they had been corrected, but the internet connection was miserable, and that didn't really work until after the race, when JL was able to upload the corrected data.
JLap is a whole other pet peeve of mine... Brazil was a bit odder of a situation, at least for us, since it was not feasable for us to cover two Worlds events in a 3 week span. We chose Florida for cost and exposure reasons.

Thanks again for the results!
Old 10-31-2004, 01:24 AM   #1691
TCR
Tech Addict

Quote:
TCR, there's no problem if you want to copy anything I typed into the discussion item on SGRID, but please post that this is where it came from. I don't mind people copying what I type, as long as they ask first, and say where the information came from.
Mike great job on everything, I'm sure it must of took forever to write all that stuff down and all, People were looking for the results, I figure the results should be public information, The results come from IFMAR then trickle down to you, and then find there way here and there, and eventually some dude in Africa reads his country wasn't represented to well in the electric Worlds.

You personel commentary of the races, now thats personel, great job by the way, I enjoyed reading that,

For all the people who want to read a little more about the worlds please check out the great personnel commetary on
Read Mike's Commentary here!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by tc3 pro
where can i find the other results to the race????? i wonna know who won the b main
It's not rocket science to figure out who was 11th

Joel Myrberg won the B-main
TCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 03:40 AM   #1692
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
We do realize that when penalties, missed laps and such are assessed, they can not be instantly reflected in the digital results,
mmm you need to get people using bbk tiiming software! instant or post race penalties, added laps or whatever! can be done during or after the race.
Instant web publishing to html
Race screens around the track or pit area
wireless capability (your laptop on your pit table with race results )
predicted qualifying positions
and much more

maybe the question should be - 'why were there missing laps and so many corrections needed?'

have alook at www.bbksoftware.com
big_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 04:08 AM   #1693
Tech Initiate

HI
You guys every body did his best to bring the best possible coverage of the Worlds but now they are over and I still miss pictures from Final Podium, the drivers party and close up shots from the winnig car.
Tzotzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 04:11 AM   #1694
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to copter Send a message via Yahoo to copter

Congratulations Juho! Nobody here hasn't said a thing, but Levšnen did a fantastic job on the finals and managed to raise into 5th position from his 10th place on the starting grid.

Suomi Finland Perkele!
copter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 05:12 AM   #1695
Tech Adept

Hey copter. Don`t you remember. You forgot to use those *** marks after Suomi Finland...
Trinity2 is offline   Reply With Quote