Wiki Posts
Search

Team Orion Experience 2 ESC / Motor Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation Team Orion Experience 2 ESC / Motor Help

Hey all,

Im located in Japan and i have just purchased a Team Orion Experience 2 ESC / 14t Titanium combo. I have noticed there is a lot of cogging with my sensorless motor and im wondering how i can correct this or help to minimize the issue. I see the ESC has some sort of Anti-Cogging function or its a feature? Do i have to enable it some how or can i tweak it to work better because right now the motor is cogging a huge amount.

Im already a little disappointed that i have had to purchase the Team Orion (DSB) Digital Setting Box just to allow the feature on the ESC to run my Team Orion LiPo batteries with the safety cut function and now it appears this cogging is also making my experience with Team Orion gear quite bad.

I have been using their Vortex steering servo for a while and its a great item but these new items have proven to be not so plug and play like they advertise due to no tweaking options unless you buy the DSB and also having to buy the DSB just to activate the safety cut for Lipo's, so out of the box i cant even run my Team Orion LiPo's and Team Orion brushless setup without fear of killing a battery.The ESC does not really seem to be stopping or helping to prevent the cogging but its meant to have an Anti-Cogging feature in place.

I appreciate your time guys and would really love some help, how do i enable the Anti-Cogging feature or tweak it to minimize cogging?

Luke
Old 05-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Rookie

team orion also done seem to like customer support with no replies to my emails.....
Old 05-18-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I had the same problem with my 15t titanium combo. I knew sensorless combo usually cogs but never seen one as bad as this. I had one track day with the combo and then sold it away at a loss. I don't think you can much about it, but it is one of those stuff that don't really work for your desired application.