Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Thunder Power 40C puffing >

Thunder Power 40C puffing

Thunder Power 40C puffing

Old 09-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Rookie

My packs have 6-10 charges on them over only 2 months... So storage was not a concern. But your point is a good one. We must properly balance and store batteries long term to assure they don't start breaking down and puffing up.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have also found that my 4S packs get out of balance extremely quick while in storage, compared to my 2s packs ,and the higher the cell count , the more frequent the balancing/checking voltage routine better be , or else you will see some puffing soon !!!
Old 09-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Later today i will provide a guide that will help all of you to understand why batteries puff/Balloon and how to handle your lipos/lifep04's etc .
Old 09-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Foxxrocket
I did a number of things to my battery. What exactly, I don't know. But since I've been paying better attention to the batteries I do have. And making sure I don't do again what I did in the past.
VODOO
Old 09-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

As promised in my upper post precautions and guidlines i hope it helps most of you to understand .
Old 09-19-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

Here is the link to our Saftey Instructions.

http://thunderpowerrc.com/PDF/THPSafetyWarnings.pdf

It is very important that you read and follow this. However keep in mind that lipo batteries will puff. It doesn't matter who's or how much they cost. There are several factors that can cause this. By following these instructions will help reduce the possability of puffing. If a Thunder Power battery does puff we have a technical staff that can help you. You can contact us through our web site, you can call us M-F 8:30am-4:00pm. You can also fill out the online RMA form. We would rather you contact us first so we can figure out if what was the cause of the problem. This is the advantage you have over any other battery manufacture is we do have and answer or phones. We answer our emails within 48hrs. We have the best warranty in the industry.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:32 AM
Tech Rookie

ThunderPower support sent rma back immediately and they look to be honoring the warranty as promised and quickly. (I leave on business for a few weeks so I won't be able to send in the defective pack until after. I'll update based on my ship date.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Thunder for the response. My email(s) wereanswered in less than 24 hours and the guy was to the point and wanting to help.

I bought the packs for a reason... Not just top quality but top service!(which I hope to prove here)

Yes ALL packs puff and often cheap packs will puff faster and for
Less reasons than a high qualify thunder power pack.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

^ I mentioned in another thread before that expensive packs seem to be the most fragile from what ive seen, but thats an argument..