Old 05-04-2004, 09:05 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

lmao....this thread is horrible
Old 05-04-2004, 09:07 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Default Why?

For all of you looking to get rid of the molded chassis - i.e. Yoke, AE and Losi - what would possibly make these companies (some of the largest in the R/C racing industry) wnat to change their respective cars??

The cars are still winning races left and right... big races, nationals, worlds, ets.

So why change?? So that one or two racers who are sick of playing with their cars can have something to be happy about?? Nope -they are going to stick with what wins and what makes them money.... thats right folks, these companies are here to make money!!!

A double deck chassis - will be more expensive to produce, equating to higher consumer cost. They have a tendancy to "tweak" with a far lighter hit than those of the "tub" chassis category... this will lead to more pit time and setup time for the racers - hard core racers will enjoy the possibility to wrench on the cars, but the growing population of racers who just pick up an car and expect it to work will be sadly dissapointed!

SO - once again - I ask why would these companies go away from what it working and winning races?? Go buy the $400-$500 carbon fiber kits and pick up the metric wrenches...

out
Old 05-04-2004, 09:07 PM   #18
Tech Master

Thank you John.....If I get my car working for me then I'm in 19 too
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 08:01 AM   #19
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

Honestly, I like my tc3.

I think the only thing I changed on it was the chassis. That was the part I wasn't happy with but it was mainly due to the position of the battery and electronics, I wanted something to be more centered.

I got the BMI chassis, and since then have gotten my tc3 close to dialed as far as handling on our carpet track for our 19T pro class. Just alittle more motor and some practice and I should be right in the thick of it ( won the A-main last week but was definitely undergeared, love those Reedy Motors! )

I think associated really needs to address a few issues:

1. Stronger rear hubs and front knuckles, these parts just break too much even with light hits.

2. Better chassis . Nuff said.

3. Better diff cases that don't strip out. Similar to the Warpspeed ones would work great.

4. Better steering rack, similar to NTC3 would be great.

I think that would make a much better vehicle as far as durability. the handling is great, no complaints here.

If I had to get another vehicle, I probably would get an X-Ray.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 09:11 AM   #20
Tech Master

Default Re: Random Touring Car Talk

Quote:
Originally posted by The Black Kat
Okay...this is where I'll semi-randomly select a topic thats on my mind & we get to discuss it here....Kinda like a debate except no fighting....k? Don't take me personally

Homeground Shiznit (sorry, had to use that work and rub it in some rapper's face)

I've been noticing an abudunance of these "homeground" TC3 chassis lately...People are trying to make an outdated platform into a car thats even more competative against todays cars by making it more balenced right to left.....I have sevral points on why this is basically pissing in the wind...

1. The "updated" TC3

Okay lets get something strait, THAT IS THE NEW TC3....

Okay- Just try and argue that with whatever you can.....Let the shlit hit the fan....I'm such a nerd -Peace, Love, Empathy....Dan "The Badkat"

Just want to ask was that really the new TC3 as you have mention??. It looks similar with the TAMIYA EVO3 SURIKARN EDITION.
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 09:16 AM   #21
Tech Master

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Cain
Honestly, I like my tc3.

I think the only thing I changed on it was the chassis. That was the part I wasn't happy with but it was mainly due to the position of the battery and electronics, I wanted something to be more centered.

I got the BMI chassis, and since then have gotten my tc3 close to dialed as far as handling on our carpet track for our 19T pro class. Just alittle more motor and some practice and I should be right in the thick of it ( won the A-main last week but was definitely undergeared, love those Reedy Motors! )

I think associated really needs to address a few issues:

1. Stronger rear hubs and front knuckles, these parts just break too much even with light hits.

2. Better chassis . Nuff said.

3. Better diff cases that don't strip out. Similar to the Warpspeed ones would work great.

4. Better steering rack, similar to NTC3 would be great.

I think that would make a much better vehicle as far as durability. the handling is great, no complaints here.

If I had to get another vehicle, I probably would get an X-Ray.

Nice detailed eplanation bro!!. FACTORY TEAM TC3 RULES!!! Same thing what I did to my FT TC3 kit...

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/rc/...b01/49283.html
Here's the link that I know that its similar to a tamiya evo 3 surikarn edition.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:26 AM   #22
X2
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Random Touring Car Talk

Quote:
Originally posted by Wency_TA03R-PRO
Just want to ask was that really the new TC3 as you have mention??. It looks similar with the TAMIYA EVO3 SURIKARN EDITION.
That IS the evo III Surikarn... He was explaining that that kind of chassis was the way to go for AE.
X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 12:02 PM   #23
Tech Master

Well....I'm sorry if I offend anyone with this post....

This thread should be deleted....Its been brought to my attention that because our local scene sucks (overpopulated & under-funded) the closest permanent track is aprox 60 miles from where I sit and because of that I can only get there once a month. Because of that I don't have experience and can't form opinions based on design and looks.

Art & Hicks: I know you mean well, and you are still cool....I just felt like venting were everyone can read and see my real opinion on what goes on. I don't like posting facts, I like posting opinions....why? Because facts are truth...and the truth hurts. I have no beef with you guys, I hope you have no beef with me.

I should stop typing now.....I'll go hang out in the off-topic area and read up on off-roading....I have a XXX-T and I can use that around here....Maybe off-roading will be a lil more practical than TC's....I'll still do both...But maybe I'll have more fun being an offroader than being one of those touring car guys

Last edited by The Black Kat; 05-05-2004 at 12:17 PM.
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 12:50 PM   #24
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

Actually, I have more fun being in offroad that touring too
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 12:55 PM   #25
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Random Touring Car Talk

Quote:
Originally posted by X2
That IS the evo III Surikarn... He was explaining that that kind of chassis was the way to go for AE.
nope it isnt evo sl its standard evo3
Futaba
Speedtechrc
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 01:44 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous
Default Re: Re: Re: Random Touring Car Talk

Quote:
Originally posted by X2
Wheres the "red" Surikarn Edition hop ups?
Old 05-05-2004, 02:46 PM   #27
Tech Master

Exclamation Re: Re: Re: Re: Random Touring Car Talk

Quote:
Originally posted by trf racer
nope it isnt evo sl its standard evo3

Yup! its the stock one. out form the box kit.

Off road???...
Yup! it may be a bit exciting coz you'll see your kit/truck jumping with the tracks and leeping humps as designed..