R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Futaba 3PK - Crystals for PCM (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/39678-futaba-3pk-crystals-pcm.html)

RichO 05-03-2004 10:03 AM

Yeah, it's only around center that it does that. I will remount some things and tape down the crystal to see if that works better.

MR JOLLY 05-03-2004 10:33 AM

richo
why don`t you put a pic of your car showing the layout?
It might be something simple that some one will see if they had a quick look:)

Wency_TA03R-PRO 05-03-2004 10:35 AM

Originally posted by MaxSpeed
Personally, I would not put the receiver on top of the servo, one less thing to cause interference. The combination of JR/Futaba should not be an issue. The only "movement" you should get with a digital servo is around center. Digital servos are always trying to "find center".

Double check your crystals. Make sure they are nice and snug. Outdoors they tend to bounce around a bit more. You may want to put a piece of tape over the crystal to make sure it doesn't work loose.

Yup! I agree with you bro!!. Its a fact to digital servos when in neutral it always locate its center or HOME signal. :nod: :cool: :) :tire: :tire:
Try remounting your electronics if glitch still exist replace your servo.. :nod: :cool: :) :tire:

MR JOLLY 05-03-2004 10:42 AM

Whats all this twitching near centre:confused:
I run pds2143 in carbon tub & a futaba 9450 in a MR4 custom i don`t get any. Am i lucky or ??????????:weird:

Wency_TA03R-PRO 05-03-2004 10:44 AM

Originally posted by MR JOLLY
richo
why don`t you put a pic of your car showing the layout?
It might be something simple that some one will see if they had a quick look:)

That would be a good idea to check the kit's electronic layout... :tire: :cool: :nod:

rcgen 05-03-2004 11:19 AM

RichO

Where did you hear about the sysnth stuff for the radio? Is it a module and receiver? I thought novak had one and towers advertised it at one point but haven't seen anything lately.

RichO 05-03-2004 02:12 PM

I did notice that they have both a PPM and HRS synth option coming out for the 3PK. It says on the web page that its due in July if I remember, along wth the new steering wheel. :D

burbs 05-03-2004 02:20 PM

there are two local guys here hving the same issues... exept it is indoors on carpet... massive glitching so bad u cant drive it.. every posible thing has been changed or tried... these are oval guys so the electronics are plenty spaced apart... they have even gon as far as changing cars just to see if that helped and it did not...

btw they are running the futaba 3pk..

jeepnyy 05-03-2004 02:23 PM

I have a 3PK with HRS & Hitec digital servos. On the HRS receivers, make sure you it is the "short" crystals. No part of the crystals is exposed from the case except the frequency number tab. I race outdoor in BMS in TN, a high-bank oval with 350' drive line. I always make sure I have the antenna fully extended before I turn on the radio. I use a receiver pack specially with digital servos, they are power hog, plus I ran 4 cell. If your 3PK is more than a year old, send it to FUTABA for re-calibration. The manual recomend it. Make sure it is a MAGNUM not MEGATECH. Futaba only covers warranty for MAGNUM's. :tire: :tire: :tire: