Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am gonna be racing onroad again in 2 weeks at DHW so lets see if the problem shows itself again. Mark, Louie, you guys in?
Old 08-17-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zenkikid
I am gonna be racing onroad again in 2 weeks at DHW so lets see if the problem shows itself again. Mark, Louie, you guys in?
I'm in.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Is the sensor wires included in the 17.5 combo?
Old 08-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

This speedo has got to be the hardest component to find on the planet. I'd like to try one for VTA, but can't find a source on the net. Where does my LHS go to order these?
Old 08-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Is the sensor wires included in the 17.5 combo?
Yes sensor wire is included
Old 08-18-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
This speedo has got to be the hardest component to find on the planet. I'd like to try one for VTA, but can't find a source on the net. Where does my LHS go to order these?
All of these places are in California and carry them or can order them.
Good luck

http://www.speedtechrc.com/

http://tqrcracing.com/

http://www.socal-rc.com/forum/
Old 08-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by trx450racer174
All of these places are in California and carry them or can order them.
Good luck

http://www.speedtechrc.com/

http://tqrcracing.com/

http://www.socal-rc.com/forum/
Thanks!
Old 08-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Adept

Exclamation

So, has anyone tried the Cirtix Stock Club esc with a 1S lipo and a booster yet?!! I very much need to know if it will work or not.

This is extremely important to my club which races 1/10 pan cars with 1S lipos, which by the way, have become the industry standard for direct drive pan cars 1/10 and 1/12 scale. We are looking for an affordable brushless esc/motor combo, and the Cirtix Stock Club would seem to be perfect except for this 1S lipo issue. I know that someone on this thread said that they tried it with a reciever pack wired in, but that it didn't work, so I want to know if a booster like the Novak or the TQ Cells would work. Right now we are using Venom 21T brushed motors with "old tech" Novak Duster esc's and the TQ Cells booster with an SMC 1S lipo and have decent speed; and as I said these are "old" esc's 10-15 years and they work! So I am hoping that a "new tech" brushless esc like the Cirtix Stock Club would work as well.

If it does work, we plan on using the Cirtix Stock Club esc with the V2 Sportsman 17.5 brushless motor and the SMC 1S lipo.

I know that Speed Passion is currently working on a 1S version of the Cirtix Stock Club, but since it isn't done yet and who knows if and when it will be, or if the price will be the same as the 2S version, and our racing season starts next month (September), you can see that we are a bit under the gun as to making a decision!

Our club is made up of guys with "shallow pockets" and with the economy the way it is we can't afford the Novak or Reedy or LRP or Tekin systems, etc. We have really pinned our hopes on Speed Passion and their affordable Cirtix Stock Club series.

So any info regarding the use of a booster with this system would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 08-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Exclamation

So, any replies to my previous post? I would really, really appreciate some help with this issue!!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Enforcerman
So, any replies to my previous post? I would really, really appreciate some help with this issue!!
If you search this thread i think there is some info on what your asking.
I dont run 1 cell but saw some talk of it in here.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

So, has anyone tried the Cirtix Stock Club esc with a 1S lipo and a booster yet?!! I very much need to know if it will work or not.

This is extremely important to my club which races 1/10 pan cars with 1S lipos, which by the way, have become the industry standard for direct drive pan cars 1/10 and 1/12 scale. We are looking for an affordable brushless esc/motor combo, and the Cirtix Stock Club would seem to be perfect except for this 1S lipo issue. I know that someone on this thread said that they tried it with a reciever pack wired in, but that it didn't work, so I want to know if a booster like the Novak or the TQ Cells would work. Right now we are using Venom 21T brushed motors with "old tech" Novak Duster esc's and the TQ Cells booster with an SMC 1S lipo and have decent speed; and as I said these are "old" esc's 10-15 years and they work! So I am hoping that a "new tech" brushless esc like the Cirtix Stock Club would work as well.

If it does work, we plan on using the Cirtix Stock Club esc with the V2 Sportsman 17.5 brushless motor and the SMC 1S lipo.

I know that Speed Passion is currently working on a 1S version of the Cirtix Stock Club, but since it isn't done yet and who knows if and when it will be, or if the price will be the same as the 2S version, and our racing season starts next month (September), you can see that we are a bit under the gun as to making a decision!

Our club is made up of guys with "shallow pockets" and with the economy the way it is we can't afford the Novak or Reedy or LRP or Tekin systems, etc. We have really pinned our hopes on Speed Passion and their affordable Cirtix Stock Club series.

So any info regarding the use of a booster with this system would be greatly appreciated!!
I lost to one last weekend.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

No reason why it would not if wired correctly. Good luck!
Old 08-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks guys for replying! I appreciate it!

HB Moose, I take it that you race pan cars if you lost to someone using the Cirtix Stock Club with a 1S lipo. Which booster were they using? Was it the Novak or the TQ Cells? Also, were they using the 17.5 brushless motor that is part of the combo? Lastly, were you racing 1/12 or 1/10? Any more info about this would be greatly appreciated!!! I look forward to hearing more from you about this.

Someone who I believe was from Speed Passion tried to tell me that the Cirtix Stock Club would not work with a 1S lipo, but that just didn't make sense to me, and I'm glad that you raced against someone who used it and won with it!

liljohn1064, I also agree with you that it should work if you use a booster, even though I was told it wouldn't, even with a booster. Maybe he didn't wire it right.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
They will have to contact speed passion direct. www.speedpassion.net , otherwise I have one 17.5 combo left in stock.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Eric;
Please put that one on hold for me?
I'll be in on Sunday to get it.
Thanks
Bob Oaks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.