Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC >

Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Old 07-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trx450racer174
I have heard of this and i have also heard that some of the series holders out here in So-Cal will be using some type of rpm gauge to check spec of the motors.
Leave it to some idiot to not play fair.
This is what drives people away is someone looking for the edge instead of learning to drive and setup the car better.
Its fairly obvious when the timing is advance based off the locations of the sensor plug and the screws in relation to the motor tabs. It wouldnt be too hard to tech with out the need of a RPM gauge. I dont think there is anything wrong with it being adjustable....the problem is when not everyone knows that this is the case and they dont know what to look for. And after reading all the posts about it being a Zero timing motor when its not people need to be aware that its adjustable so they can look for it.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Yeah Im not sure why people think its a zero timing motor. The motor and ESC are really marketed as a "spec" or Hand out type of thing where the price is right its affordable for all. No where on the website does it say Zero Timing....or fixed timing for the motor.

This is right off the website.....
well when you send off an email, and it come back telling you its a zero timing motor, and you don't go a check for yourself, you just assume things
Old 07-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Tech Champion

Yes....ASSUME...
Old 07-17-2010, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
Let see...I have a speedo and 17.5 paid...I just buy the 21.5 motor done
If I buy the new cirtix for 80.00.today and tomorrow wanted to go fast...Can't use the ,cirtix esc no timming and the motor is zero timming ..to me it is useless... I rather have the High end speedo the does more not just spec...
WE all want to go fast. Then why buy a 21.5???? Keep the 17.5 you have and use your Tekin on it.

Again, the question is...why buy a 21.5 at all if you wanna go fast? If things wanted to be slowed down, Cirtix is your choice. But i think you have already explained that you wanted speed so this discussion is already null a void. Interesting view though.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:01 PM
Tech Champion

if your racing one of the series like in California that requires everyone to have the same motor then I can see where changing the timing is an issue, but when people are using motors that have built in timing then turning the timing up should not be an issue. I will be turning up the timing tomorrow
Old 07-17-2010, 11:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Yes....ASSUME...
Old 07-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by skypilot
if your racing one of the series like in California that requires everyone to have the same motor then I can see where changing the timing is an issue, but when people are using motors that have built in timing then turning the timing up should not be an issue. I will be turning up the timing tomorrow
Exactly....its not really an issue.....only when you dont know its really adjustable.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Thanks www.tqrcracing.com

I just wanted to thank Sean at TQ RC Racing for posting up that he got some 17.5 combos in stock. Just picked up a combo a few minutes ago for my Citrix Spec JL-10e and looking forward to the build and running her.

BTW, I am 30 something rc guy who can afford premium hobby components but got really excited on running this type of Spec class for reasons of simplicity.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

For me....TRUE SPEC RACING is....1 brand/model of ESC, then 1 brand/model of MOTOR....leave the chassis open, options on the car open....setup is always open, and driving skill.....absolutely open. And if that day finally come, the fun of true RC racing will start.

To tech the SP V2 motor timing is a 1 sec job....the sensor plug is aligned straight down to the A B C wire tab....if they are off by any angle, the timing is advanced, or retarded.

I bet we all heard about this....if someone want to cheat, they will find their way to cheat. no matter how he does that.

P.S....there are places on the net or here still have very small amount of club spec combo at the same price laying around....we are selling this combo faster then they can make, 500 plus per order come in and out.....remember, this system is not just popular here, they are very popular in Europe and Japan as well. Their SPEC program are very much = HAND OUT program.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Speed Passion Cirtix ESC non advance timing

Originally Posted by OVA
Let see...I have a speedo and 17.5 paid...I just buy the 21.5 motor done
If I buy the new cirtix for 80.00.today and tomorrow wanted to go fast...Can't use the ,cirtix esc no timming and the motor is zero timming ..to me it is useless... I rather have the High end speedo the does more not just spec...
that's incorrect !
if you meant is "No Advance Timing"
because there is no "no timing" and it is impossible for you to run it.

Because you can use DMTS 2.0 on Cirtix Stock Club
which is
(1) mode 1
it's equally to 0 deg and that's why it's called Mode1

and maybe you forgot that Cirtix Stock Club is able to run mod motor with it
because it has semi SuperCharge it's called Torque Limit!
which will allowed you to run Mod Motor to 9.5T

And there is more about Cirtix ESC you all may miss this
"CIRTIX PRO"
and you would be mis the DRRS 2.0 Cirtix can reach Level 12

and not to forget that
Speed Passion Cirtix had
"Cirtix ESC PC-USB adaptor"
which will allowed you to change the firmware in the future....
Old 07-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by izzyracer
all sold out already? hopefully he will bring some tomorrow at cal.
nope!

back in stock!http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=646&id=9620

Last edited by stitchy; 07-19-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Where can I get the necessary hardware (USB or programming card) to adjust the brakes on the Cirtix Stock Club Race speed control?
Old 07-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

this?

Old 07-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

can anybody kindly tell me the net weight of both esc and motor? im trying to balance my car..thanx
Old 07-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
Where can I get the necessary hardware (USB or programming card) to adjust the brakes on the Cirtix Stock Club Race speed control?
What is that thing for?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.