R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #616
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsracer View Post
Hi gang,I'm embarrassed to ask,but here it goes.I'm trying to register on the SP web sight so I can return an esc for repair.What the heck is a user name? I tryed xsracer, my own name,can any one help this guy out?
http://www.speedpassion.net/en/forgetpwd.asp

Type in your the most possible used LOGIN ID and email address and will forward you the rest of the info. Hope that help.

Also, check your PM, I have found your user name and email....follow the link and you will get your password.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #617
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovalracer33 View Post
how would the citrix be in an oval spec class with not esc timing? Looking for comparison to tekin rs and novak GTB is spec mode? For the price might be something to look into.
You should give us a try....as long as you are running no timing advanced mode racing...I am sure our CLUB SPEC is as competitive to Tekin and Novak or LRP.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #618
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Going to give the Speed Passion Cirtix stock spec a try in sportsman touring car Sunday. If it's as good as some say no more orange for me.
smokefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:21 PM   #619
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokefan View Post
Going to give the Speed Passion Cirtix stock spec a try in sportsman touring car Sunday. If it's as good as some say no more orange for me.
Best of luck .... we were unfortunate enough to have this given out as a control ESC at the TITC event in Thailand ..... inconsistent performance, virtually non existant brakes and the fast guys wortked out that you replace the ESC every run to keep up the performance
Old 03-26-2011, 05:45 PM   #620
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
inconsistent performance, virtually non existant brakes and the fast guys wortked out that you replace the ESC every run to keep up the performance
Ohhh mannn...
Now it all makes sense.
This is my experence exactly.
Others over here stick with them and like them . A pity it's the spec/mandatory esc over here

Thanks mate...
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #621
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've been using the Cirtix for some time now and gotta say, excellent product! I put down great laptimes that are easily equal to an other "stock spec" esc. It's also great to have lots of battery life for long testing at the track when practicing my line. I even set the fastest lap one day. Not too bad for a newb.
Need belts or parts? I can help.
SWs, RWs, XX-4s, XXX-S
jhwnissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:33 AM   #622
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Cirtix stock ESC Programming

Is their a way to program drag brake into a Cirtix Club Stock ESC with the Multi ESC Program Card?
jayh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #623
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

If I have a cirtix combo 17.5 and race someone with a Tekin 17.5 non timing mode, will the speeds be the same? Or will it be slower?
Old 03-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #624
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzo3 View Post
If I have a cirtix combo 17.5 and race someone with a Tekin 17.5 non timing mode, will the speeds be the same? Or will it be slower?
It's the same speed output as the Tekin. Sean Williams who is a Tamiya driver runs the SP Cirtix and is very competitive against other drivers with Tekin.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:56 AM   #625
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

What about the motor though? Let's say the V2 17.5 and a ballistic 17.5?
Old 03-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #626
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzo3 View Post
What about the motor though? Let's say the V2 17.5 and a ballistic 17.5?
He was running a 17.5 D3 motor.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:14 PM   #627
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Club Spec 17.5 - good performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSF0623 View Post
It's the same speed output as the Tekin. Sean Williams who is a Tamiya driver runs the SP Cirtix and is very competitive against other drivers with Tekin.
Not that surprising. Here is my personal experience.

I have a Tekin RS + 17.5 in my SC10. I have it geared to hit stop speed right at the end our local track's straight. I'm pretty competitive with it. Took 2nd in the first heat, and first place in the second heat (Stock SC). I fell apart in the main, but that's because I choked.

I'm also running the Club Spec 17.5 (with V2 motor) in my B4. It seemed WAY slower than my Tekin. Until... I really started to get aggressive with the gearing. I started with a similar set of gears as my SC10. Turns out that Citrus and V2 is one heck of a torque motor and I have it geared fairly tall (32/71): Now it's blowing past other stock buggies in the straight and the motor is just warm. Amazing. I'm over-jumping on the tack now, but that means I just need to learn the new throttle points, or crank the slipper back a little bit.

I did have one failure with it early Saturday before the race. One of the motor wires came off the ESC. I think the fact I cut them too short and there was some tension on them, that it caused it to fail. About 10 minutes later I had a hack fix in place and I was back to racing.

I think that if *I* was that competitive of a racer the Club Spec would be competitive as well. I'm not wanting for power, and I've not seen any oddness in power delivery. If I was, I'd expect spins and other issues. As far as I can tell it's very consistent. And for $100! I'm going to put the same set in my TLR22 when it arrives. I like it that much.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:29 PM   #628
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmoDave View Post
Not that surprising. Here is my personal experience.

I have a Tekin RS + 17.5 in my SC10. I have it geared to hit stop speed right at the end our local track's straight. I'm pretty competitive with it. Took 2nd in the first heat, and first place in the second heat (Stock SC). I fell apart in the main, but that's because I choked.

I'm also running the Club Spec 17.5 (with V2 motor) in my B4. It seemed WAY slower than my Tekin. Until... I really started to get aggressive with the gearing. I started with a similar set of gears as my SC10. Turns out that Citrus and V2 is one heck of a torque motor and I have it geared fairly tall (32/71): Now it's blowing past other stock buggies in the straight and the motor is just warm. Amazing. I'm over-jumping on the tack now, but that means I just need to learn the new throttle points, or crank the slipper back a little bit.

I did have one failure with it early Saturday before the race. One of the motor wires came off the ESC. I think the fact I cut them too short and there was some tension on them, that it caused it to fail. About 10 minutes later I had a hack fix in place and I was back to racing.

I think that if *I* was that competitive of a racer the Club Spec would be competitive as well. I'm not wanting for power, and I've not seen any oddness in power delivery. If I was, I'd expect spins and other issues. As far as I can tell it's very consistent. And for $100! I'm going to put the same set in my TLR22 when it arrives. I like it that much.
Thanx for SHaring man..i really do like this system as well!
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
TEAM ASSOCIATED|REEDY|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA| RPM|AMAIN|CREATEX/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|CFX|CAL RACEWAY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:18 PM   #629
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Lightbulb

I have been running the Cirtix Stock Club Race combo for over 5 months and won Cirtix Series Race in TQ RC Racing. From my experience, Cirtix combos is competitve only if it is run against other non-boost ESC with non-timing motor. It does run cool and can be geared extremely tall. I gear anywhere between 3.2-3.5 without heatsink on my motor and never really got past 160F.

However, the 0 degree timing-locked Ultra Sportsman V2.0 is no match for other timing-advanced motor. This motor has plenty of speed but at that gearing, it lacks torque. At TQ RC Racing, it is at least 1-2 seconds slower per lap against other motor cranked with max timing . I have not tried to alter the timing because I feel that this is not what the motor is designed for. I will probably try Cirtix ESX and Compeition V3.0 motor at max timing to see if there is any difference.

KO PROPO just released an affordable ($155 including motor, ESC and handheld programmer) BLZ-350 with locked 0 degree motor. This would make for TRUE SPEC RACING with no-boost and no-timing ESC-motor combo. I think we should allow these combos to run together instead of allowing timing adjustable motors.
eComet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #630
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eComet View Post
However, the 0 degree timing-locked Ultra Sportsman V2.0 is no match for other timing-advanced motor. This motor has plenty of speed but at that gearing, it lacks torque.
Where I race, can timing is allowed, but no other, so the Club Spec is pretty good speed wise compared to the others, some running the Tekins with a fair bit of can timing.

I have the 17.5 Tekin in my SC10 only advanced about 8 degress, because I need more torque over speed for our track. If the track was longer, the Citrix might run out of steam too fast.

For me, so far, it's working really well in my old B4.