R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2010, 02:30 AM   #481
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13
Default

hey guys, just wondering if there is any way you can plug a brushed motor into this speedy?
Inky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #482
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky View Post
hey guys, just wondering if there is any way you can plug a brushed motor into this speedy?
No...sorry.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:31 AM   #483
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12 View Post
Someone knows what are the differences between Cirtix version 1 and 2? I know I got a version 2 some days ago and the new software is supposed to be corrected so motors from other brands are working better with the Cirtix. I think the LED also are working different as itīs not as with the instructions or was this blinking the red LED right from the version 1?
Are there any other differences maybe also hardware changes or just software?
It is not really a version 1 or 2 or 3...it is simply the older and newer batch of ESC....the July and after release ESC will work with all brands of motor including LRP and NOVAK...

Speed Passion and Trinity motors will work Ciritx no matter what stage of that ESC is...the newer batch ESC does NOT make the ESC more powerful or better then the older batch ESC. The performance is exactly the same.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:34 AM   #484
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markw View Post
I had my first ESC smoke this weekend. System is in a cyclone TC geared 55/88 with 18T pullies for 3.46 FDR. Motor temps have been in the 130-140 range after a 5 minute heat. I did the first qualifier, pulled the car off cleaned it up, sauced the tires recharged battery. Second heat halfway through the warmup lap it just stopped on track, then it started cogging, then it acted ok, 2 turns later it stopped. This ESC was in the original group that was purchased in June or July by the socal-rc.com for the spec class. It had appeared to thermal at one other race, yet the motor temp wasn't hot. Over temp protection is on, 0 drag brake and 100% brakes. It let go on first hard stop at the end of a sweeper.
Unless you are sure your ESC is really smoked....try the following.

Make sure the FAN is on and running...turn off the thermal protection. Double check the sensor wire....recalibrate the radio again. And give that a try.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #485
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,008
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
It is not really a version 1 or 2 or 3...it is simply the older and newer batch of ESC....the July and after release ESC will work with all brands of motor including LRP and NOVAK...

Speed Passion and Trinity motors will work Ciritx no matter what stage of that ESC is...the newer batch ESC does NOT make the ESC more powerful or better then the older batch ESC. The performance is exactly the same.
Solara - how can you tell if you have a pre-July version of the controller?
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #486
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 120
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Unless you are sure your ESC is really smoked....try the following.

Make sure the FAN is on and running...turn off the thermal protection. Double check the sensor wire....recalibrate the radio again. And give that a try.
I did all that at the track, fan was running when it happened. It went on the warm up lap, one pass down the straight through the sweeper then hard on the brakes. The car wouldn't move, guy behind me bumped me and it took off, then next stop, same thing. I could make the motor run by rotating the shaft. Checked everything, it was barely warm.

When I got home I popped the case off and found this:



The middle pair of mosfets are bad, one let the smoke out and the other has a shorted gate.
markw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #487
Tech Master
 
Kregger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,110
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Please have your customer contact Speed Passion USA for service..thanks.
Do you have a link?

Nevermind, I was thinking I had to go through Shumacher for some reason.
Kregger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #488
Tech Master
 
hanzo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 1,293
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

I bought this used. How do u setup this esc?
hanzo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:10 PM   #489
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 120
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzo3 View Post
I bought this used. How do u setup this esc?
http://www.speedpassion.net/en/produ...?p=12280&c=ESC

The manual is available in the download tab.
markw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #490
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,305
Default

Thanks for the info, I reset my esc three times trying to stop the red led from blinking. Now I hope it works with my 25.5


Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoppa View Post
on my instruction manual, the revised insert states that the red light will be "BLINKING" which notes to the user (or Tech Inspector) that the ECS indeed is set on "no timing" and the yellow light will be "solid" unless you are applying throttle and then it will be "off"; also when applying brake the yellow light will be"solid"

at least this is how it is on my Cirtix..

hope that helps you.
outlandr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:05 AM   #491
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markw View Post
I did all that at the track, fan was running when it happened. It went on the warm up lap, one pass down the straight through the sweeper then hard on the brakes. The car wouldn't move, guy behind me bumped me and it took off, then next stop, same thing. I could make the motor run by rotating the shaft. Checked everything, it was barely warm.

When I got home I popped the case off and found this:



The middle pair of mosfets are bad, one let the smoke out and the other has a shorted gate.
Please do follow the below link, read thru the RMA process and send the unit back to our office...thanks

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/contact.asp
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:02 AM   #492
Tech Master
 
TAMAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,952
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Yeah,

Taking that case off like that would void our companies warranty, and you would have to buy a new esc at a discounted rate.

I would advise everyone to NOT disassemble the esc if it smells smoked. Cause most of us know it will be a blown FET. Just send it back.

I am not sure how friendly Speed Passion is but it seems like they will replace it, even if you took the case off. Nice pic though, I see some solder splash and poor solder joints on the resistors on that board.
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:02 AM   #493
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 120
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMAK View Post
Yeah,

Taking that case off like that would void our companies warranty, and you would have to buy a new esc at a discounted rate.

I would advise everyone to NOT disassemble the esc if it smells smoked. Cause most of us know it will be a blown FET. Just send it back.

I am not sure how friendly Speed Passion is but it seems like they will replace it, even if you took the case off. Nice pic though, I see some solder splash and poor solder joints on the resistors on that board.
There was some solder splash on the board that's not there in that picture. The esc is about 4 months old so it's out of warranty. I wasn't worried about sending it back to SP, as I've got the capability to replace the mosfets. This won't be the first esc or receiver that I've repaired nor will it be the last. It is the first ESC I've had die on me though and I've been in the hobby forever. Yes, I'd agree with you, don't take it apart if you plan on sending it back.
markw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:14 PM   #494
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMAK View Post
Yeah,

Taking that case off like that would void our companies warranty, and you would have to buy a new esc at a discounted rate.

I would advise everyone to NOT disassemble the esc if it smells smoked. Cause most of us know it will be a blown FET. Just send it back.

I am not sure how friendly Speed Passion is but it seems like they will replace it, even if you took the case off. Nice pic though, I see some solder splash and poor solder joints on the resistors on that board.
We don't recommand doing that (thank you for bringing that up) but we also do practice "being reasonable"....if it is under the warranty period, we will get that take care of. However, if it is 4 months old...then I am sorry.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #495
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
It is not really a version 1 or 2 or 3...it is simply the older and newer batch of ESC....the July and after release ESC will work with all brands of motor including LRP and NOVAK...

Speed Passion and Trinity motors will work Ciritx no matter what stage of that ESC is...the newer batch ESC does NOT make the ESC more powerful or better then the older batch ESC. The performance is exactly the same.
OK thanks. Good to hear that.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
World GT Club Racing - To spec or not to spec is the question???? Mr. McGoo Electric On-Road 722 11-01-2014 07:05 AM
Real Stock On Road Racing... Me_MrTyson Australian Racing 214 05-19-2010 06:06 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:00 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net