Wiki Posts
Search

Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
lol they were on the site for 69 for a while, we called to verify and then some friends ordered a 'bunch' but were told, oops, sorry thats for club members only. the 'other' price was 139 for the complete set.

btw, you should have a package waiting at home for you.
oooo package. thank you sir.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
hehe.. you dont see it on the site because it sold out quickly. (you're right, im sure that price was "introductory").
You ain't kidding...for that price, it is cheaper then a brushed speed control and silver can motor....but last at least a year without even cleaning or tunning it.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Man i hope TQ gets some more of these kits in.. I wanted to run this class im gonna have to talk to Sean tomorrow.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Exclamation

M-Technic, our club in South Glens Falls, NY is planning on a "spec" Vintage Trans Am pan car class using the Citrix Stock Club combo with the 17.5 motor and SMC 4000mah 25C lipos only and Jaco Lilac compound World GT spec tires only, HPI vintage Trans Am bodies only; you can use any available pan car chassis. We feel that this will make for a true "drivers" class with the main parameters locked down, and this will also greatly help to keep costs under control. True cost controlled inexpensive racing!!

We are currently in the process of trying to convince the track owner to get on board with Speed Passion on this program so that we can launch this new class.

Stay tuned for updates!
Old 05-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by M-Technic
I'm excited to see "true spec" racing.

Are any clubs considering a spec final drive, or is that going to be free and open? I would imagine someone with a 5600mAh 50c pack will be able to throw more gear at a Citrix system than a guy with a 4000mAh 20c will be able to.
M-Tech:
With a system like this, battery capability makes almost zero difference. At low/zero timing levels, the motors lack the torque required to make use of "better" batteries. One of the tracks that adopted the system for a spec class had a "test and tune" practice session with multiple battery types/capabilities/C ratings, along with multiple gear ratios and the lap times were consistent for everyone.

If you "gear up" the torque goes to crap, if you "gear down" the top speed comes down a bit, but the rip is awesome. The end result is just personal driving preference, and with everyone still on the same level for overall power and lap time capability.

With the 17.5 systems for on road, the "sweet spot" for gearing is about 8 teeth wide! You feel the torque going away LONG before you put the motor in thermal danger as well - that's another thing I like about these systems. :-)
Old 05-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hebiki
hehe.. you dont see it on the site because it sold out quickly. (you're right, im sure that price was "introductory").
This is how the pricing works guys:

If a local shop with a track wants to start a spec class with these systems, all they need to do is contact me and I'll get them set up. They get special pricing on these combos because of the spec class, and there is no set minimum pricing to the racers of that class at that track.

In some cases, a race club or a race series wants to start the spec class. For these, we encourage them to work with the shop(s) that support the club/series and we extend the special pricing to those shops.

The special pricing continues as long as the spec class is active at that track/shop/club - there is no "introductory" price here - it will always remain affordable.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey Shawn, miss bothering you on the phone at Schumacher but glad to see things moving for you.
Got a couple questions. To anyone who has run a Novak Havoc Pro or similar esc with a Ballistic or SS 17.5....how does the SP combo compare in speed ? We've recently decided to drop RCGT because of all the electronics mumbo jumbo and would happily adopt it again if a spec program were offered. As of now we're aiming for a total conversion to VTA by September when the new VTA rules take effect.

Second, am I understanding correctly that a club without any shop connections (since we have no shops) can get a discounted price on these ?
Old 05-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Evo, shoot me an email and we'll talk.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Shawn How will Supercharge work's on Cirtix slotless motor ?
Old 05-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Look Like roar and all the other brands have the Answer

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...l_ESC_List.pdf
Old 05-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You can't call it spec if everyone use different speed control. The whole idea of using SP Citrix Stock club ESC Is to keep everyone on the same level of playing field. Eventhough ROAR is trying to fix this problem on stock class it's a little too late it's already out of control. And thanks to Speed Passion for stepping up to bring back the true form of stock class racing.

Different Speedcontrol has different power band so by using other manufacturer ESC they might have some advantage over the other and that's not SPEC Racing...
Old 05-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We have been trilling a rebadge Venom Combo with a 21.5 as a Spec class here in Oz and the speed passion Combo is over priced here

and i will be testing it againest a tekin this Tuesday night will also try get my hands on the Speed passion combo

Last edited by Senna Racing; 05-06-2010 at 08:40 PM. Reason: You dont know till you try
Old 05-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I will be gettng one of these at ETS ,

This is the new "prostock" speedo, We will all be running the speedo and 13.5 SPv3 motor so we are all on a level playing field.

The track has a 90m straight including the lead onto it ( a fast full throttle corner)

they are limiting the max gearing to 3.5:1 so we should all have the same speed

It will be entertaining

hope the Speed passion sponsored drivers get the same speedo we do
Old 05-07-2010, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

Just hope they don't burn up like those citrix enspire 2.0 esc on the mach.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Just hope they don't burn up like those citrix enspire 2.0 esc on the mach.
well we are on the MACH so you never know

hope not

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.