R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-19-2010, 05:22 PM   #376
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcerman View Post
... Someone who I believe was from Speed Passion tried to tell me that the Cirtix Stock Club would not work with a 1S lipo, but that just didn't make sense to me, and I'm glad that you raced against someone who used it and won with it!

liljohn1064, I also agree with you that it should work if you use a booster, even though I was told it wouldn't, even with a booster. Maybe he didn't wire it right.
I sent them an email asking if a booster or RX pack would work, and they said it wouldn't. They didn't say why, but one possible explanation is Lipo cutoff. The owners manual seems to indicate that it isn't selectable on the Stock Club version of the ESC. IF this is the case, the ESC would shutdown even though the receiver had good power.
Kevin Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:32 PM   #377
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tiko

Quote:
Thanks guys for replying! I appreciate it!

HB Moose, I take it that you race pan cars if you lost to someone using the Cirtix Stock Club with a 1S lipo. Which booster were they using? Was it the Novak or the TQ Cells? Also, were they using the 17.5 brushless motor that is part of the combo? Lastly, were you racing 1/12 or 1/10? Any more info about this would be greatly appreciated!!! I look forward to hearing more from you about this.

Someone who I believe was from Speed Passion tried to tell me that the Cirtix Stock Club would not work with a 1S lipo, but that just didn't make sense to me, and I'm glad that you raced against someone who used it and won with it!

liljohn1064, I also agree with you that it should work if you use a booster, even though I was told it wouldn't, even with a booster. Maybe he didn't wire it right.
Cirtix Stock Club Combo (17.5) with 1S that I tried with Novak and the TQ Cells boosters I couldn't make that Speedo work. As for wiring it's not that hard or complicated thing to do. TQ Cells has only one Positive wire that needs to be soldered; and Novak is the same Positive and Negative wires to be soldered.

I have called and talked with one of the guys at Speed Passion and I was told that it won't work with 1S because it was designed for 2S. Anyhow I'm using that combo on my TC now with 2S and no problem.

As for what Moose is saying is true. I was in that same club race and the guy with the combo, that was his first time using the 1S and it worked. His using the TQ Cells booster. Maybe I just got one of the bad speed controls and that's why it didn't work for me.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:12 AM   #378
Tech Adept

hello,

i want to know the temperature of the speedo after 8 min run with a 10.5 brushless motor.

Thanks,
Adrien.

http://rcracereportsigm-racing.blogspot.com/
adri-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:53 AM   #379
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

I would like to know....how many different BOOSTER pack right now in the market..? And are they any different...? If some get that to work with TQ booster cell...but not Novak, that mean they are somehow different.

I really don't want to buy all the different boosters pack and find out which one work and which one not work...but I would like to know why 1 work but not the other when they are both the same booster pack...

Thanks........
Solara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:54 PM   #380
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
I would like to know....how many different BOOSTER pack right now in the market..? And are they any different...? If some get that to work with TQ booster cell...but not Novak, that mean they are somehow different.

I really don't want to buy all the different boosters pack and find out which one work and which one not work...but I would like to know why 1 work but not the other when they are both the same booster pack...

Thanks........
Robitronic just came out with a new 1S booster. Just don't know how good it works.

Last edited by tiko; 11-10-2014 at 12:44 AM.
tiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:19 PM   #381
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Marcy View Post
I sent them an email asking if a booster or RX pack would work, and they said it wouldn't. They didn't say why, but one possible explanation is Lipo cutoff. The owners manual seems to indicate that it isn't selectable on the Stock Club version of the ESC. IF this is the case, the ESC would shutdown even though the receiver had good power.
Hit the nail on the head. If the lipo cutoff senses and uses the battery feed voltage for the cuttoff signal, it will see a 3.7 1S lipo as a discharged 2S and will not turn on.
CustomWorks Outlaw Sprint Car
Xray T3 2012 USVTA
GP40X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:06 PM   #382
Tech Adept

Well yesterday I emailed the guys at TQ Racing in Chino, California as they sell the Cirtix Stock Club esc/17.5 combo, and they have an indoor rc track and a very active racing series. I asked them if any of them had raced a 1 cell pan car class and used the Cirtix Stock Club with a 1 cell lipo and a booster like the TQ Cells and they said that it does work! I then emailed the guy at Speed Passion and he admitted that he had only tested it with the Novak booster and not the TQ Cells booster, so it was possible it might work with the TQ Cells booster. He plans on testing that next.

Also, he told me that they are still working on the 1 cell version of the Stock Club, but don't know if and when it will be done. I say "when", because according to him, they are unsure whether or not there is a market for a Stock Club combo for 1 Cell pan car racing in 1/12 or 1/10 scale. I ssured him that there is potentially a huge market for such, especially given the state of the economy, and the fact that more and more people are getting fed up with the super expensive multi-programmable brushless esc/motor systems that are out there, many would lke to see a cost and feature controlled brushless system be made available for both 1 and 2 cell pan car racing.

If any of you wish, I would suggest you contact Speed Passion to let them know that you would like to see a Stock Club Combo for 1 cell pan car racing.
Believe me, Howard at Speed Passion asked me for feedback from you folks about this to help them determine what to do next.
Enforcerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:58 AM   #383
Tech Fanatic

Default Shawn Palmer Left King Golden USA

Had News Shawn Palmer Left King Golden USA.......
Old 08-28-2010, 06:22 PM   #384
Tech Adept

Yeah I also heard that Shawn is no longer with Speed Passion/King Golden

By the way, regarding the Cirtix Stock Club esc/17.5 combo working with 1 cell lipos, I have had further communication from TQ Racing in Chino, CA and they have people at their track who race pan cars with 1 cell lipo and they use the Cirtix Stock club and the TQ Cells booster and it works just fine! So I got ahold of Howard at Speed Passion and he ordered the TQ Cells booster for himself to try with the Cirtix and a 1 cell lipo. Apparently, for some reason it will not work with the Novak booster, it only works with the TQ Cells booster.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #385
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Yeah I also heard that Shawn is no longer with Speed Passion/King Golden

By the way, regarding the Cirtix Stock Club esc/17.5 combo working with 1 cell lipos, I have had further communication from TQ Racing in Chino, CA and they have people at their track who race pan cars with 1 cell lipo and they use the Cirtix Stock club and the TQ Cells booster and it works just fine! So I got ahold of Howard at Speed Passion and he ordered the TQ Cells booster for himself to try with the Cirtix and a 1 cell lipo. Apparently, for some reason it will not work with the Novak booster, it only works with the TQ Cells booster.

Enforcerman, I am looking to the same w/the citrix combo w/ a Gen XL I just got. I guess I am lucky since TQ is my home track. I plan on going there tomorrow to gather a little more info on the TQ booster and the rx batt option. I am hoping to get a few photos of some electronics setups so I can better understand how these are being setup.

Anyone care to share the pros and cons with boosters and a seperate rx batt?
js058515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:17 AM   #386
Tech Adept

js058515, do me a favor and post pics and info about those setups using the Cirtix Stock Club and the TQ Cells booster. Our club is getting very close to making a final decision and buying these for our 1 cell VTA pan car class.

Try to gather as much info and feedback as possible from those guys and report here for the rest of us, please.

Thank you
Old 08-30-2010, 05:35 AM   #387
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Unfortunately I was unable to get out to the track and gather the info I wanted yesterday. Hopefully I can do this next Sunday. I do happen to have another question that I need help with.

I am trying to understand the relationship between FDR and suggested Rollout. I understand the math and how to get the numbers to work, but for some reason I am still a little confused. I also have realized that regardless of chassis, FDR and rollout is a decision based on esc/motor combo.

The 2 local tracks that I frequent have suggested FDR's of 3.5 - 3.7 for one track and 3.9 - 4.1 for another track. Ok, I know how to get these numbers w/ spur and pinion selection.

Now I use the Losi Type R and the manual it puts emphasis on calculating rollout in order to find gearing selection. Ok, I can calculate rollout. Not a problem. I also noticed that rollout has a relationship based on motor turn. I plan on running a 17.5 and 13.5 motor.

Ok, that's what I know. Now, do I just figure out a S/P ration to get the desired FDR and not worry about rollout? Or is rollout already figured into the suggested FDR of a particular track?

I sincerely thank anyone who can help me.
js058515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:18 PM   #388
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Just for you guys to know...I am Howard, Solara is my Rctech user name since.....long time ago.

I would like to get a hold of the one who in charge of TQ booster...I have to get a hold of 1 and test the 2S version and find out what I need to do on the 1S version and get that going ASAP...thanks.

Please PM me..........thanks.

P.S...now, how can I get a hold of the Robitronics one..? Please advise...
Solara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:05 PM   #389
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey all,

I'm having trouble setting up the speedo. I'm running a nomadio react with a spectrum reciever. Tried to set it with the throttle servo setting on both foward and reverse and still no luck. Am I missing something? Is there a failsafe kicking becasue the radio isn't finding the reciever fast enough? Any help would be appreciated.
Kregger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 03:32 PM   #390
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Damnit Man

Anyone know if they sell just the motor by it's self? If so who sales them?