R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-29-2004, 11:34 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Unhappy Mission Impossible ?

Hi guys.
I have a schumacher mission carbon. There is one problem in it now The front one-way diff does allways get loose. I need some adwise from som genius because I just canīt fix this and I was going to race this weekend but if I canīt fix this I wonīt race
Bjarni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 01:17 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

are all the roller pins in the oneway bearing in place when you look inside with the outdrive taken off?
rc_square24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 01:35 PM   #3
Tech Master

Get a ball diff....instant fix to ALL problems...parts AND lap times One ways suck anyway If you want the acceleration just lock it into a spool or get a better motor
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 02:38 PM   #4
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

The Black Kat - It all depends on driving style. One-ways are VERY effective if you know how to drive with them.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 05:58 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Doggy- you still running on the rug?? Planning on any outdoor excursions this summer??? Me I'm racing nitro dirtoval mostly this outdoor season......... but I may make the trip down to Fredrock once or twice......

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 06:00 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

BTW: Bjarni, have you checked all of your front and rear end bearings lately??? they can definately make a one-way feel bad.....

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 06:07 PM   #7
Tech Master

Fatdoggay....I can drive the car but its just the unpredicability really bites me...I have to be able to predict what my car will do before I tell it to do it

BTW: Just a belt-drive car hint....cut off every other tooth on the belt. Frees the drivetrain up a bunch
Old 04-29-2004, 06:14 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Impact - Yer I'm still running on rug for now but it's pretty much dead, there's still 5 or so that run though. Has frederick sorted out the computer problems? I see little point going up if nobody's running ele and they have computer problems all day long. So nitro dirt oval and I was under the impression you HATED nitro. If you get an itch to run ele outdoor at frederick shoot me a pm and I'll see if I can make it up.

Cheers mate.

Last edited by fatdoggy; 04-29-2004 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:47 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic

I really like the one way in my xray. On the parking lot races my car sucked with dual diffs. When I put the one way in... it still kinda sucked but it was atleast drivable. I think its all personal preference. You also might need to change some things on your set up if you put a one way in.
racerdx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 06:56 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

imo on carpet the one-way is the only way to go with rubber tires and faster lap times 99% of the time
Old 04-29-2004, 07:04 PM   #11
Tech Master

Carpet & Rubber tires is what I do 99% of the time and a one-way doesn't work 100% of the time
Old 04-29-2004, 07:34 PM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

i also agree i run rubber tires on carpet to... the one way does in my opinion make lap times faster if u like to drive that way... but i found it to be very inconsitent. when i run the ball diff my times are very close from run to run.. when i ran the one way i would have a fast run then a slow run.. id rather be fast and consistent then fast and inconsistent...plus a diff is cheaper to rebuild...
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 09:11 PM   #13
Tech Fanatic

Thats wierd because I put a one way in right before my first qualifier the first day I ran one and the car was better all around. I didnt have any problem driving it. The only problem is breaking with one. Which you cant do.
racerdx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 09:14 PM   #14
Tech Elite

racerdx6 - Maybe you should work on setup.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Black Kat
Carpet & Rubber tires is what I do 99% of the time and a one-way doesn't work 100% of the time
I use a front one-way in stock, foam on carpet(not possible with mod) and it absolutly screams. I know foam is very different then rubber, alot more grip. Just completely dial out all brakes and find a setup that works well and go from there. With stock racing brakes arn't needed anyway, just use the natural drag-brake from the high timing.

P.s. - If you can't be consistant or don't have a setup that lets you be consistant then your screwed to begin with.

Last edited by fatdoggy; 04-30-2004 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:41 PM   #15
Tech Master

Exclamation

Bjarni
Did you check on the part no of that one way?! or hop-ups part no perhaps?. Co'z as I change my bevel gear set to a one-way gear set it just simply a plug-n-play sequence. I did'nt encounter getting it loose.. check your set-up properly. I also agree with what fat doggy stated that its very effective if you know how to properly handle it.

racer dx6 The black kat

I also agree with wath you have mention. One-way and ball diff are really great especially when your running on a tight/technical race track. You can really feel the effect and its response.

IMPACTPLAYR
yup! l agree with you bro!. try to double check the other bearings..

Hpoe you can fix it before weekend.
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote