Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
futaba S3305 servo >

futaba S3305 servo

futaba S3305 servo

Old 04-27-2004, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default futaba S3305 servo

I just bought this servo last weekend, one of the guys behind the counter at my LHS suggested it, it puts out 99oz at 4.8v and it was a pretty good value. The catch, as I found out when I got home is that the small print on the case suggests that it's only for Nicads, I did some digging and found out that the reason for this is that Futaba warns that the servos consume a lot of current and Nimhs won't provide enough of it to properly operate them.

Has anyone else ran into this problem. I mean what's up with that?! Not many people run Nicads competitively anymore, and they're becoming harder to find.
Don't the newer 3000, 3300, and now the 3600 cells put out enough current to equal nicads?
Old 04-27-2004, 07:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

JackHammer,

Seriously mate, don't worry about this. So long as you run 3000 or 3300 mAh NiMH batteries, you'll be fine. Yes they do consume considerable power (I use the S3305 in m Kyosho Twin Force 4x4 Monster Truck) but no more than other servos like the S9350 and S9451's.

Cheers,
Old 04-28-2004, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

thanks for the response, I kinda thought the same thing, but I just wanted some reassurance from somebody that uses one.

This is off topic, but how do you like your 415?
Old 04-28-2004, 04:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dear Jackhammer,

No probs mate - actually the S3305 is a very good metal gear servo and at a reasonable price. Its dual bearing too, so you can be assured that the wear will be minimal over time. One thing Futaba forgot to mention is that the servo is dust and water resistant, so it can be used in the Monster 4x4's like my Twin Force.!

Regarding the TRF 415 - its the best chassis I have ever used. I was always one for shaft driven (had the TB Evo III chassis for a while - now using the TB-02 for stock) but I cant get enough of the belt drive system. The torque down low is reduced a bit so you don't loose traction - it puts more power to the ground rather than spinning the wheels! - and once you get into the high speeds, the belts give you full controll over the speed in the corner. My only recommendation is that you make sure the track is "flat" as this baby is very close to the ground!

The bottom line - I Absolutely love it!

Cheers,