R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Irs Tc3 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/39281-irs-tc3.html)

tandman 04-26-2004 08:08 PM

Irs Tc3

Hi, I just wanted to know what other people are running for setups with the IRS chassis kit for the TC3, running on carpet of course. The track is 80' x 36' ozzite, medium traction with a variety of layouts, mostly technical layouts. Runining stock and mod classes.
Any comments or suggestions would be apreciated.
Thanks.:D :tire:

The Black Kat 04-26-2004 08:25 PM

Suggestion: Get a Yokomo instead

shortygy 04-26-2004 08:36 PM

I would just try a normal tc3 carpet setup on your car. With the IRS chassis a setup usually isnt to hard to find, the chassis flex's alot therefore your car does not rely on the suspesion as much, which means your suspension is not as important. I believe the IRS chassis works better on asphalt then carpet just because it is soft. Make sure you have all of the center braces installed for carpet. Hope this helps

Greg

burbs 04-26-2004 08:38 PM

the tc3 is still prolly the best car out yet... it is more then a few years old and is still winning many races..(more then yokomo)..

The irs chassis kit doesnt work as well as the stock chassis..(in my opinion)... the setup should be pretty close to what the regular tc3 cars run....

what kind of tires??? rubber or foam??? the setup is way different from rubber to foam...

we run both rubber and foam on carpet... the stock chassis is way stiffer so it will work better then the irs with foam tires...

Mike Haynes 04-27-2004 04:40 AM

For the irs vs the stock chasis, i would just go up one spring rate front and rear then what you were running for your track. This should help stiffen it back up to about how it was before converted.

gijoe64 04-27-2004 07:27 AM

I use the IRS Chassis and I use the stiffing Kit it works great.
I like the car on asphalt it works very well and no tweek. I use
Barry Bakers setup at the REEDY RACE. You will like the chassis and it handles well I will be at the pre-worlds and I love it as a asphalt car.:D

tandman 04-28-2004 05:51 PM

IRS

Thanks for the info. Sorry I missed out on some important details.
First the car will be run on an Ozite carpet track. My normal TC3 setup is;
Front: Rear shock tower spaced up 0.030 using the middle hole, I also cut the lower ball mount to get the proper ride height and shock travel, inside hole on the arm, camber link up and short, droop is 5, 0 degree blocks(will change to 4 degree), F-0 front block, stock sway bar and -1.5 camber. Jaco double pink/orange for more bite or plaids. Purple springs, 60 weight oil, #2 pistons.
Rear:The tower is also spaced up 0.030 using the outer hole, outer hole on the arm, short wheelbase, droop 4, camber link long and down, - 1.0 camber, F block instead of the standard R block for less toe in, 3+2 rear block, red springs with 40 weight and #2 pistons, Jaco double pinks or purples.
GT7 esc, Futaba 2PL, S3003, monster stock but I am going to try the MVP setup how Big Jim desribes(Fantom dyno on the way)
Any advice would be apreciated. This setup is close to Mke Blackstocks but just not sure the IRS chassis with the side braces(in the mail) would respond well to this setup.

tandman 04-28-2004 05:59 PM

IRS

Here is a picture withou the side braces;[IMG]irs hardcore1[/IMG]

tandman 04-28-2004 06:00 PM

Oops

Did not work!:eek:

tandman 04-29-2004 08:24 PM

pic

1 Attachment(s)
:D

tandman 04-29-2004 08:24 PM

IRS

ttt:D

The Black Kat 04-30-2004 08:17 AM

Since the car is lighter/stiffer with the IRS you're gonna have to run a bit softer than everybody else running a TC3

BTW: Heres the ULTIMATE TC3 FIX :lol: :p
http://www.tamiya.com/japan/products..._evo3/top2.jpg

tandman 04-30-2004 09:08 AM

Nice!

Nice ride, but what is the price?:eek:
My IRS was an ebay deal for $127.00US! for the rolling chassis with tires.:D :tire:

The Black Kat 04-30-2004 11:05 AM

Got mine on ebay too ;)

tandman 04-30-2004 11:52 AM

EBAY?

I love EBAY!!!!!!!!!:cool: