Community
Wiki Posts
Search

help with offsets on 190 chassis with 200 body

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default help with offsets on 190 chassis with 200 body

car in question is a TC3 electric that i want to revamp a little. meaning that the motor and drivetrain are staying as is.
to get the most out of of the wheel well gap on my project, i am looking at the HPI LP29/32/35 LM-R wheels.

just by looking top down on the body, it seems i will need 3mm in the front and 6mm in the back. is there a good way to measure this? because if it's possible to pull off a 9mm offset in the back, i would love to do that. i was thinking that i could mount the wheels, slide the uncut body over them and use a heat gun to stretch it just a little.

any input?

the body i am using is HPI's #7450 BMW M5
it will be a solid colour with racing no decals.

also what part of the HPI 2pc wheels are actually 2 peices? is it the centre, like tamiya?

thank you for your comments.

p.s. i guess i cannot post links, sorry for lack of visuals.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC ///M
car in question is a TC3 electric that i want to revamp a little. meaning that the motor and drivetrain are staying as is.
to get the most out of of the wheel well gap on my project, i am looking at the HPI LP29/32/35 LM-R wheels.

just by looking top down on the body, it seems i will need 3mm in the front and 6mm in the back. is there a good way to measure this? because if it's possible to pull off a 9mm offset in the back, i would love to do that. i was thinking that i could mount the wheels, slide the uncut body over them and use a heat gun to stretch it just a little.

any input?

the body i am using is HPI's #7450 BMW M5
it will be a solid colour with racing no decals.

also what part of the HPI 2pc wheels are actually 2 peices? is it the centre, like tamiya?

thank you for your comments.

p.s. i guess i cannot post links, sorry for lack of visuals.
Don't try and stretch the lexan, I did that once, it got cloudy and brittle. Generally 3/6 are used as offsets for 200mm bodies, but it can vary from body to body.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Don't try and stretch the lexan, I did that once, it got cloudy and brittle. Generally 3/6 are used as offsets for 200mm bodies, but it can vary from body to body.
word, that is good to know. thanks. i assume i will be gluing those tires on even tho there is no inner foam?