take a gander at this

http://www.teamorion.com/global/global_news.asp?id=2376

web site:

http://www.nomadio.net/
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 08:14 AM   #2
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

The coolest bit "Program the vibrator to signal you on any event or condition".
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:35 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho

All we need now is a radio that will drive the car for you with the skills of say a Cyrul, Blackstock, Baker, etc.
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:22 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Talking found some competition

Not the same technology (actually it's a "classic" FM TX) but it's a new brand in the RC scene and it has some cool features which had never been seen

PROTON
utieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:41 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Actually, the features and the button layout on the Proton Husky remind me an awful lot of my Multiplex Profi. The one nice thing is that it's left/right hand switchable, unlike the Multiplex.
The Sensor may be ugly to some, but function beats looks for most.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 04:07 PM   #6
Tech Addict

WOW! That looks really cool. I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Better wait until it's been on the market for a little while, just in case there are any bugs that need to be worked out.
j240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 08:35 PM   #7
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The feedback stuff is ok, but to me the most exciting part is the transmission system. No crystals, and completely unique to your car.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 08:57 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to orangbaligila

I'll go for Nomadio,.. anyone got price info etc.?! if "affordable" will get at least three,... if gobsmack expensive,... then get only one, hehehe...
Old 05-02-2004, 03:38 AM   #9
Tech Addict

There's a "company rep" posting on the Rc car action forum with some details after the recent RCX show where it was shown.
$500 US approx.
Simon K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 05:42 AM   #10
Tech Master

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Simon K
There's a "company rep" posting on the Rc car action forum with some details after the recent RCX show where it was shown.
$500 US approx.
Wow!!! $500!!!. Whew..... thats a lot of money...

Its a totally cool radio!! I like the design its some sort of ergonomic design..
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 08:35 AM   #11
Tech Elite

I'm curious about something. I like some of the technology offered by the Sensor and the Husky....but I'd like to know how many of you REALLY use the display screen while you're driving???

I currently use the Multiplex Profi which is probably the most ergonomic radio currently available. It has a display screen on top and angled so the driver can easily read it while in the driving position. I can honestly say I have never been able to look at the screen while driving. This brings up a point.......If the new generation of radios offer telemetry and feedback onscreen in realtime but you never look at the screen.....What good is it??? And why pay the extra expense. It seems to me that what may be of greater use would be a vocal information system that alerts you to the condition or levels of the parameter you choose,for example...Battery drain level at 1 minute intervals during a race. Motor temp would be another important one.

Don't get me wrong....I think this technology is way cool !! But are we being asked to spend money on visual systems that really aren't utilized in REAL world conditions ?? Now that I think about it....other than realtime vocal updates...I'd just as soon have a system that simply records some important parameters so I can access them visually or by sound or by print AFTER each race.

Your thoughts???
Old 05-02-2004, 09:52 AM   #12
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I agree with you that there's no way to look at the display while driving. But if I'm reading their descriptions right, it does have audio alerts on it. Also, it being able to plug into a laptop I think is the biggest plus. If I can go make a run and have my computer recording the info while I concentrate on driving that would be key. Think about where this could take us. You get an 8 min 1/12 scale main or an hour long nitro main. You could have a pit guy in the pits with a laptop getting realtime info on the car and have a 2 way radio on to him and he could tell you when to ligthen up and do a little throttle driving or that your engine/motor is running a little warm. I can see this technology being used at worlds level events in the not too distant future.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 10:53 AM   #13
Tech Elite

Boy, the more I read about this radio, the more I like it !!! I spoke to soon and I should have read the info again. This DOES exactly what I was talking about. I think this radio could really be of benefit to anyone who is concerned with top performance but also to those who want to treat their investment with the best quality care. Thats just about everybody !!!!
Old 05-02-2004, 11:06 AM   #14
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

I also use the 707 and I also never look at it during the race, BUT, when I want to make an adjustment during a pit stop for example, the screen is very easy to read.

It'll take a while for the others to catch up to the 707/403's....
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 02:13 PM   #15
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Rob Hochberg

I believe that radio is made by a company around here in Philadelphia, they had some demonstrations at a few local tracks. I've seen it, and I think it is uuuuuuugggly. Also, their first prototype was seriously lacking in basic features, EPA's, EXPO's, D/R's, things like that.
Rob Hochberg is offline   Reply With Quote