R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 12:51 AM   #61
Tech Adept

ya know..you people who do not believe it are self centered ignorant fools PERIOD. If you dont think that a micro car that is almost 1/2 the size and a weight of a 1/10 car can go much MUCH faster with the same size motor you are a total idiot. If a micro car cant go 68 mph then how did that guy go 111 or whatever with that big car? Its very very possible the numbers have been posted. And math shows it can and does happen. I dont even run micro cars but i know one thing is a fact it can and will happen. Hell thats even slow!! I have a slot dragcar that went 0-92 mph in .622 sec and in 55ft. and that is even slow...there are some that are 0-130 in .4 sec unless you know for a FACT that a micro car with a 540 wont run 60+ dont bash.
Old 05-01-2004, 01:04 AM   #62
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Sure he can go 98mph... holding the car out the passenger window of a real car!

Maybe when I have time in a month or two I'll see how fast we can get a micro going. Sounds like a good magazine article.
Old 05-01-2004, 01:06 AM   #63
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

it has nothing to do with being self centered ignorant fools... if it proven then its hard not to belive.. he claimed 68mph.. but with no proof... thats an odd number to ball park..

slot cars are a tatally different ball game.. u cant even compare them to rc.. they have a completey flat surface .. like zero weight. ect ect...
Old 05-01-2004, 01:17 AM   #64
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Smoke21

Futureal you must remember that a micro is a lot lighter than a 10th scale, so running a 10T with a 6 cell sub c's is rediculusly fast especialy(SP?) with that high of gearing, if a 10 turn can get a 10th up to 30mph or more than it most certianly get a micro to 60+, Not bashing just an FYI but you probably knew all that

... I am such an idiot...
Old 05-01-2004, 01:36 AM   #65
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by ajg
Go to:

http://www.teamassociated.com/racerh.../gearform.html
Go to the MPH:car specs
Then type in 1.432 in the tire size
2.071 in the gear ratio
and 48003 in the motor rpm

It comes out to 98.732 mph.

Now take 31% of the motor rpm's off (for drag).
Which is 33122, then recalculate.

It comes to 68.119 mph.
once again go there where he said. Math shows the truth and even took 31% off for all the drag possible...which probably isnt even that much being such a small car alot of people are gonna feel real stupid if a magaize does a feature on one of these!
Old 05-01-2004, 10:36 AM   #66
ajg

The drag that someone who has a 540 micro and made a speed calculator for it only had 25% drag and I'm putting 31%, but again that is not were I got my speed, I tested my car to get the top speed.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:00 AM   #67
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A-Ko

Quote:
Originally posted by burbs
it has nothing to do with being self centered ignorant fools... if it proven then its hard not to belive.. he claimed 68mph.. but with no proof... thats an odd number to ball park..
You can come up with al the calculations you want, with no proof or video, I tend to be a sceptic.

I have been to many speed record events. Usually the guys that do the most boasting are only doing 1/2 the speed they are claiming.

Science and bench racing can only take you so far. I prefer results that are based on speed, checked through a speed-trap timing device, not a radar detector.

Until there is a video (that got magically erased) and some sorta hard proof (timing device) I will continue to be the sceptic, you science guys can be the fools.....

Like Futureal said, it could be a good Mag article....
USVTA National Points Member #101
Old 05-01-2004, 01:16 PM   #68
ajg

Wow, mine was put through a speed-trap timing thing.

7 feet in .07 seconds. That's the time of my car and if you put that is the calculator, it comes out to 68.180 mph.

http://www.teamassociated.com/racerh.../gearform.html
http://www.teamassociated.com/cgi-bin/trackmph.cgi

Now do you believe me. Also the time was not hand calculated, it was put through a computer to figure the time it took to go 7 feet (.07 second).
Old 05-01-2004, 04:12 PM   #69
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A-Ko

Still waiting for the video.... I did say video and timing.
USVTA National Points Member #101
Old 05-01-2004, 05:25 PM   #70
Tech Addict

AJG, you really need to prove nothing to these guys. They can believe what they want. As long as you know that your results are accurate that is all that matters.

I am familiar with these 540 micros and I know how fast they are. I am pretty confident that your results are at the very least near accurate. Have fun with your 540.
Old 05-01-2004, 05:40 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray

I am alittle confused about it, i saw a movie on the 540 micro, and it flew. But today i was at my local track and my friend had a 540 micro with a 19 t motor, and it was a crap. Might just be my friend.
Old 05-01-2004, 06:07 PM   #72
ajg

Thanks Intelligentsia, I will keep having fun whit my 540.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:58 PM   #73
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

7 foot time will not give u a top speed... there is alot more involved then 7 feet... u could gear it for mas torque and hit your 7 foot mark even faster... its top speed that counts... like i say im not trying to bash... but it is tuff to belive...

just the fact of finding a flat enough surface to run to see... that little car hitting a small bum= a massive off balance run...

if there was truth to this it wouldnt be defended by post or questions.. it would be proven by hard facts.. u may be totally right.... but just cause my car has 600 horsepower doesnt mean it will go 400mph...and do a 8 second quarter mile.. there is alot more involved..
Old 05-02-2004, 07:06 AM   #74
ajg

I didn't start off and go 7 feet. I know how long it takes to get to top speed so, I start it a good while up the street and measure the time after it has already hit top speed for a while. And the road was newly paved with no traffic on it, so it's smooth with no bumps. Your wrong again.
Old 05-02-2004, 07:08 AM   #75
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Well until you have hard proof of something people will continue to be sceptical. Anyone can make up figures and put them through the calculator.
Closed Thread