R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 08:13 PM   #46
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

there is no way a car that small can handle as good as any real race car... any sedan, 12th scale 10th scale... a car that small and like there is no way.. especially having that huge motor up that high.. id bet the car rolls over alot... im not bashing you or it.. i just think some story's might be being told here...

b with tires that small and a larger motor theres no way...

i run 12th scale... we have problems getting more speed out of them because there tires are smaller.. on a 10th scale u have more tire size to take away from gearing the piss out of the motor..

even a super light direct drive pan car would have problems hitting 60+ with mod motor... also with a pan car u use 6 cells.. i hooked one of my 540 motors up to a micro battery pack.. it does not produce enough power to make any kind off speed... what kind of batteries do u use...

lots of pro racers have done speed runs with larger scale cars .. and there are two major things that happen

one there is no way to keep the foam on the tires.. your tires have to be spinning so fast being that small the would not hols up.. and two the cars are to light and they do not stay planted to the ground.. the wind force just lifts them up...

imagine hitting a bump with that car going lets say 20 mph it would launch the car like u wouldnt belive.. its going to be pretty hard to find a surface perfectly flat so u can run it on it.. that car is small every little bump would upset it.. and the faster u got the more the car will bounce..

there has been many many tires tried and no way a set of foams that small will handle 70mph.. i just dont see it..

Last edited by burbs; 04-30-2004 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:19 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by burbs

what kind of batteries do u use...

Maybe some prototype Lithium 4800's
Old 04-30-2004, 08:27 PM   #48
Tech Addict

Actually the cells used are 4/5 Sub C cells. They are equal diameter to Sub C cells but are slightly shorter. They are capable of 30+ amp loads.

I would assume that my car with a 14 turn motor had an approximate speed of 60mph. The foam tires stayed on just fine. In fact I took mine to SoCal raceway for a few laps last year. Tony Phalen as well as Fred Hubbard were there when I ran my car and witnessed it.

With the weight of the cells, the stance so wide and the car being so low I never managed to flip it over but I did manage to chunk a few sets of foams. The foams do not last very long but what else would you expect with a car going so fast. If you are interested in seeing a couple pics of my car feel free to ask as I still have them saved somewhere on my computer.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:30 PM   #49
Tech Elite

pics plz [email protected]
Old 04-30-2004, 08:32 PM   #50
Tech Addict

Let me export them first and I will send them right over.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:43 PM   #51
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

ill take some to,, [email protected] why hasnt one of these rides been in ar haction or something.. im sure the public would like to see it... one of you could be the world record speed holder for micros...
Old 04-30-2004, 08:48 PM   #52
ajg

Hey burbs.
Have you ever seen a micro, because your statments are pathetic. The foam tires would never come of the wheels. It can't flip, were I drive it is perfectly smooth, and the micro is a real race car in smaller form. Also the motor is about 3 or 4mm of the ground, that's not high. And your 12th scale probably weighs 3 or 4 times as much and is geared way different, so of course your is not going to hit high speeds. And last the cars wont lift of the ground even going 100mph, they are very stable at high speed, and handle very good at top speed. Also I've ran over rocks that are twice the size of the ground clearance of the car and it just want over it and kept on going. And I know you can't see micro foams going that fast because you haven't, and they can.

There has been quite a few people trying to prove something about my car and every thing they say is wrong, not to be mean or anything.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:50 PM   #53
Tech Elite

My tc3 goes 98mph.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:51 PM   #54
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by burbs
ill take some to,, [email protected] why hasnt one of these rides been in ar haction or something.. im sure the public would like to see it... one of you could be the world record speed holder for micros...
Hey,

I no longer have my 540 micro. I am a racer, not a basher. The 540 application just was not practical for racing especially when everybody else's motor was half the size and 1/4 of the power.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:52 PM   #55
Tech Elite

Does anyone have pics w/ a 540 in it? I want to see how looks
Old 04-30-2004, 08:54 PM   #56
Tech Addict

I just sent you pics of my car with a 540 in it. Did you not receive them?
Old 04-30-2004, 08:54 PM   #57
ajg

Quote:
Originally posted by True R/C Racing
My tc3 goes 98mph.
I know what it takes to get a tc3 to 100mph, and if you have that setup, I would believe you, but you don't.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:54 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by ajg
I know what it takes to get a tc3 to 100mph, and if you have that setup, I would believe you, but you don't.
You know what I got? So how u know I don't got "what it takes"?
Old 04-30-2004, 08:57 PM   #59
ajg

http://www.aktionrc.com

Here's some 540s under members rides.

Also I don't know what you got, but it is pretty obviose through your post.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:57 PM   #60
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A-Ko

So what glue do you guys use... I think I need to sniff some to see what you are talking about....
USVTA National Points Member #101
Closed Thread