R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 12:12 PM   #136
ajg

Why would it matter who said the 20mph thing. A tc3 goes about 20mph with a stock motor. I had one with a stock motor in it.

rtypec: A micro weighs much, much less than a 1/10. And with the same electronics and motor, but lighter batteries, it will go faster, especially with it geared so high.

If the new diff doesn't come in today, then I might not get it for another half week or so. I'm going to be gone till Sunday, I think.

I'll try to get a new video soon.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:20 PM   #137
ajg

I just looked on my lhs's website, and I think they have the front diff I ordered, so I might go pick one up, then sell the other one when it comes in.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:11 PM   #138
ajg

Do any of you guys know of the G-Tech performance meter thing for cars? (1/1 scale) I was thinking that I could use it on my micro to figure the 0-60 time, so I can prove that it at least goes 60 mph. I might strap it onto the car, unless it uses a laser to calculate speed. I might just put it behind the car and accelerate. May be worth a try. (since I have 2 of them)
Old 06-23-2004, 06:04 PM   #139
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Talking

i think that would 'set-it-in-stone'..

been watching the discussion... I'm not saying that it is,... i'm not saying that it is not... possible... mainly because i haven't tried it myself..

but what i do have to say is.. a lot of people would be surprised at what mico's can actually do .. (note: i have not calculated any numbers, tested any of these 540 motors in a micro, nor do i know ajg... just making a statement about how well these lil' beasts actually perform) .. end of public-micro-service-announcement... you will now be returned to your regularly scheduled program...
Old 06-23-2004, 06:23 PM   #140
ajg

Going to make another video of it. On 110a.

Last edited by ajg; 06-23-2004 at 08:50 PM.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:20 PM   #141
ajg

Video's loading up. It's MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, faster in person, it makes the car before look slow, I put it on 110a this time. If any of you can do the time/distance thing between the cones, then tell me what time and how many cones you clocked. Have fun, and enjoy!
Old 06-23-2004, 08:49 PM   #142
ajg

Here it is: http://www.one18th.com/showtoy.php?id=2720
Old 06-27-2004, 09:12 PM   #143
ajg

Do you guys belive me now?
Old 06-29-2004, 01:22 AM   #144
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to DaNieL_KuO

Quote:
Originally posted by rtypec
There used to be videos of this event but they were basically speed runs around an oval. Atleast you can see in the pictures what was involved and how much effort it took to break 100kph and then some....

Asurda Speed Challenge

I suppose I can just enter a micro and smoke them all huh?

Edit: Also, the fastest cars that were measured with a radar gun at the recently held Reedy Race hit the low 40's mph. Hmm, again, maybe I shoulda raced a micro...
damn, I wanna race my micro in that asurada challenge !!!!
I maybe goin to that rccaraction top speed challenge.
Ajg, u live anywere in socal, maybe I can help you make a vid.
some of u may already know, but here it is agin, www.danielkuo.neptune.com I make alot of racing vids, and one movie for school.... I also did a reedy race vid of one of the qualifiers with Atushi,[I wish i can drive like him someday..]Its juss another hobby of mine i guess...
Old 06-29-2004, 09:55 AM   #145
ajg

I live in NM.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:34 PM   #146
ajg

I guess you guys believe me know, good to know.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:53 PM   #147
Tech Regular

my micro will beat your micro!! j/k
Old 07-04-2004, 08:47 AM   #148
ajg

What motor do you have in yours?
Old 07-04-2004, 12:46 PM   #149
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Didn't want to say anything at first, cause I seen one run before in Seattle. They are fast, but again, being a 1/10 fan (two electric cars, two gas cars and a helicopter), opted not to buy one......yet.

Ajg, you fought hard to prove a point, you should have shown the first vid at another angle, preferrably a head on thru a passing approach. Just seeing a car pass a camera made me doubt too. what was your amp setting on the first run, anyway? You said you switched it to 110a to do the peel out and your latest vid. If you would have did it the first time, this thread wouldn't have been so long.

Daniel;

Is that a micro pictured on the Asurda Speed Challenge? If so, then this would be as fast a micro can go......68 mph. The web site said 114 kph, but if you convert the numbers to mphs, its only 68 mph.

So, with that saying, the micros aren't that fast as compared to the fastest 1/10 electric (89 mph) and the 1/10 nitro (100 mph), but they are still fast enough for me to buy one. But right now I have little problem:

I have a 1/8 scale Kyosho electric motocycle that I am trying to squeeze more speed from. I switch to a Orion 1200 Ni-Mh pack, but still running a box stock motor. The esc takes the pack like a champ, but its cooking the motor! I even geared it to run faster, but it is not enough. Is there any powerful micro motors to satisfy my needs? After I see how fast this bike can go then I'll pick up a micro and tweak that.

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
Old 07-04-2004, 03:25 PM   #150
ajg

A micro can go alot faster than 68 mph. Mine is going over 70 mph right now, and it has alot of down force with the big wing and stuff.

My amp setting on the first run was about 30, I think. Now I run 110 all the time (since I got the new front diff I can use it on 110).

Also, at first my battery pack couldn't handle 110a, so the run times were very short, a few seconds some times.

For your motorcycle, you could get a mod 540 motor, and get cp-1300 or cp-1700 cells for the battery pack. The cp-1300 and cp-1700 cells are smaller than sub-c, so they fit better. The cp-1300 cells are as long as 2/3 cells but they're wider, and can take larger amp draw.
Closed Thread