Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-07-2004, 05:24 AM   #91
Suspended

Default Programming

Does anyone have anything on programming a LRP 7.1 speed controller
Safe SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 05:57 AM   #92
Tech Regular

No real point of buying the gt7 now as novak are bringing out a new speedo soon, think it's called the gtx i read it in a magazine
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 06:25 AM   #93
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by S15Racer
This is sort of off topic, but after reading this thread something occured to me. What is the point of having a waterproof ESC? So you can run it in the rain? ok thats fine in theory, but what about the reciever? Is there such a thing as a waterproof reciever? Maybe Im just ignorant (strong posibility ) but i've never heard of one. So even if your ESC was waterproof, wouldnt the reciever still be damaged by the water and therefore defeat the purpose of having the one waterproof componant?
M troniks also make a waterproof receiver, it looks farily water tight although iv never tried it. And hpi make receiver covers that are made of some rubber stuff, they also seem to work

Also i have a vfs 200 and it has popped twice on me the first time indoors for no apparent reeason no smoke, no smell and no heat. The second time it was the same but outdoors on a dry day. It wasnt bad when it was going though.
I now use my trusty cyclone and it has never put a foot wrong, not quite as pounchy as my vfs but it aint bad
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 06:29 AM   #94
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Programming

Quote:
Originally posted by Safe SX
Does anyone have anything on programming a LRP 7.1 speed controller
If youīre looking for a manual for the 7.1 hereīs the link

http://www.lrp-electronic.de/e/downl...oad.asp?id=458
Old 08-07-2004, 09:10 AM   #95
Tech Master

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Chazz
No real point of buying the gt7 now as novak are bringing out a new speedo soon, think it's called the gtx i read it in a magazine

I do have a GT7 for 8 months and no problem at all... if you did read it in the magazine please do itemized or break down the list of their differences and when it will be release?..
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 09:38 AM   #96
Tech Regular

All i know is that it has translucent case and new fets and a surface mount heat sink and it's smaller with 7 drive profiles and one profile for custom and it's available in the year
Old 08-07-2004, 09:48 AM   #97
Tech Master

Exclamation

ah ok.. so anything different on the profile program compare to the current GT7?... new fets huh! meaning more power!!..
Old 08-07-2004, 09:52 AM   #98
Tech Regular

That's all i know, but it's definetly smaller and lighter
Old 08-07-2004, 10:01 AM   #99
Tech Master

Cool

ok.... tnx dude!.

Old 08-07-2004, 01:28 PM   #100
Suspended

Not bagging the GT 7 but the LRP is a far better speed control as I have used and abused the LRP 7.1. The GT 7 I had was around months old decided to run mod with a 7 double to my suprise it must'nt liked running that size engine as 3 minutes into the race the speed controller decded to smoke it's head off. Decided to get a novak brushless motor after 5 race meetings the novak brushless was no faster than a rebuildable stock. So when it comes to speed controls I think I will stick with the LRP motoring free product.
Safe SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 02:34 AM   #101
V12
Tech Elite

Speaking of LRP the 7.1 seems the best ESC LRP ever made. Completely troublefree and one of the smoothest ESC ever.
Some people also say more punch than the latest QC2.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:54 PM   #102
Tech Master

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Safe SX
The GT 7 I had was around months old decided to run mod with a 7 double to my suprise it must'nt liked running that size engine as 3 minutes into the race the speed controller decded to smoke it's head off.
honestly speaking I still haven't seen in out track that GT7 smoke up on the race.. Maybe its for siome reason but totally not all GT7 are junk....

Quote:
Some people also say more punch than the latest QC2.
More puchy? how do they prove that?. I only know that the battery, gearing and motor are the one directly involve when you say more punch?.
Old 08-08-2004, 02:32 PM   #103
V12
Tech Elite

Not really. There are also big differences on ESCīs. One thing is the difference in onresistances of the FETīs and therefore voltage drop on these and circuit board. Wires also play a big role. So overall an ESC with lower voltagedrop will have a similar effect as batteries with higher voltage.
Beside this even software will have an effect how an ESC feels on the track.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:04 PM   #104
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Quote:
Originally posted by V12
Not really. There are also big differences on ESCīs. One thing is the difference in onresistances of the FETīs and therefore voltage drop on these and circuit board. Wires also play a big role. So overall an ESC with lower voltagedrop will have a similar effect as batteries with higher voltage.
Beside this even software will have an effect how an ESC feels on the track.
WELL PUT, that's exactly right!!!

- jAyBee

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 09:03 PM   #105
Tech Adept

Hi,

I have run GT-7, TC, SX9, MC800C, KOvfs200, and Tekin G10 pro. IMO Tekin G10 pro weight all of them in term of punch, efficient, programmaibility, throttle response, linearility, durability, relibility, and the features that it does not required external parts. I have not tried the QC2 but I did try the Keyence newest speedo, rapida pro. What I say on it is, it just like a tekin g-10 pro in the way it drives but everything slight better. With a close selling price, never think about Lrp product.
mr4-tc sp is offline   Reply With Quote