R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-02-2011, 07:29 AM   #241
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Congrats to Mike Dumas for his win in 13.5T 1/12th at Snowbirds.

I have some video from that race that I hope to be posting later today. It was a very exciting race....
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #242
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Yo Mike ygpm

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #243
Tech Champion

Just got uploaded so the video quality should improve shortly. I missed the get together at the beginning of the straight away by timing and scoring that happened just before 6:40 within the video -- three words -- "YEAH! SEND HIM!"

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
Old 02-04-2011, 01:00 AM   #244
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Mike told me today he had to hold 90* into the wheel down the straight after the hit. Straight cyborg.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:52 AM   #245
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Bruce said when he got home the car had 8* toe on one side.
JoelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #246
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (99%+)
Default Crabo side links

Congrat's to Bruce and Team Speedmerchant on the 2011 Snowbirds.

Any word on the carbon side links for the REV 6? I asked a couple of months ago, but no answer.

Thanks Greg G
Swampracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:59 PM   #247
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampracer View Post
Congrat's to Bruce and Team Speedmerchant on the 2011 Snowbirds.

Any word on the carbon side links for the REV 6? I asked a couple of months ago, but no answer.

Thanks Greg G
to be honest, the carbon links are just bling to me. i like the adjustable links. to have a set length link means that you would have to have your center pivot set exactly correct or you will not have a free pod. if you have any slop in the entire pivot system, you will struggle until you find it.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #248
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Blue Screw

hey guys what woud be the differnce between.. .18 side springs and say number 4 red damper lube between .20 and green number 3
XRAY~RCAMERICA~HUDY~SRC~MURNAN MODS
Blue Screw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:23 AM   #249
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Screw View Post
hey guys what woud be the differnce between.. .18 side springs and say number 4 red damper lube between .20 and green number 3
well i think you are missing another important part of the equation -- the amount of pre-load applied to the springs. in the past we have been using two full turns on the 0.020 and 2.5 to 3 full turns on the 0.018 side springs. after setting a base amount of pre-load i'd recommend you check/set tweak.

honestly, i think your best be is to try the different spring and spooge combos yourself. the lighter springs/spooge should cause the car to be easier to drive -- while the heavier stuff - especially the springs - can make the car twitchier.

for the past many months i have been running 0.022 front/0.018 side 3 turn/green spooge/blue center/40wt and have felt at times that the car didn't have enough steering sometimes -- especially in faster motor classes. tonight at horsham after pushing off the track w/ magenta fronts and pink rears in 13.5T boosted in round one, i made some whole sale changes and tried some spooge and springs that i haven't run on the Rev6 yet. i went to 0.020 front/0.022 side 2 turn/blue spooge/blue center/40wt and keep the same tire combos. if anything, the car rotates too hard now.. but i believe i can resolve that by trying less pre-load, or adjusting spooge.

rear traction was falling off at the end of the run so i tried yellow rears but things didn't go so well (although the same suggestion worked for some other folks..). i think i just need to go over the car again --- thankfully there is always next week to try new things.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #250
Tech Regular

ya i under stand that... but what would a lighter spring with a heavier damping do compared to heavy spring to lighter... my understanding is spring controls the way the car will react and fuild controls how long the weighttransfer stay shifted giving more steering.. but what im say all in all it should basiclly be the same but theheavy spring lighter damp will give more intial stearing and lighter spring heavier damp will give it more mid to exit steering..???
Old 02-07-2011, 01:27 AM   #251
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default stock set-up vs mod set-up for chassis

so, while we're talking about how one thing compares to another. If one was to go from a stock class in 1/12 pan, what, other than tires, and maybe body, would have to change on chassis set-up to be able to run mod? This is assuming the same track conditions. Basically if you were to just want to take your car that you have been running in stock, to running in mod, what would you likely need to change?

Thanks.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #252
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrcr View Post
so, while we're talking about how one thing compares to another. If one was to go from a stock class in 1/12 pan, what, other than tires, and maybe body, would have to change on chassis set-up to be able to run mod? This is assuming the same track conditions. Basically if you were to just want to take your car that you have been running in stock, to running in mod, what would you likely need to change?

Thanks.
Change tires to Pink or Mag rear and Pink or Mage on Front. Softer side springs. a little more camber and a lot of practice. It is a completely different than stock. Gear 23/94 Cut the tries to 158 front and 168 rear...

Steve Dunn
sdunnmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:29 PM   #253
Tech Regular

hey guys.. any new thing u been doing with ur cars?
Old 02-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #254
Tech Champion

you've asked - and now they are available - carbon fiber side links -- http://www.teamspeedmerchant.com/sho...l/smr1785.html

included in the upgrade kit are:

4) Machined Pivot Sockets
2) CF Links
1) Adjustable CF Pivot Plate

also now available is the complete Formula 2 front end upgrade kits for prior REV kits and the World GT2 kits -- http://www.teamspeedmerchant.com/news.html
Old 02-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #255
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can't wait to get my Rev6.maybe this weekend. Been out of the sport for a long time, and I've never tried 12th scale. Pretty pumped about it.
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote