Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
SpeedMerchant Rev 6 >

SpeedMerchant Rev 6

SpeedMerchant Rev 6

Old 12-08-2010, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
According to what Bruce told me on the phone yesterday. The green would be about 8K, and the red about 12k. I didn't ask about blue because I never use it.
Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Based on those 2 I would guess around 16k on the blue...thanks
fyi, http://www.rctech.net/forum/8292778-post1383.html
Old 12-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My shiny new Rev 6 showed up on my door step on Friday!!!! What a work of art!!!! Super nice looking car, a lot more updates from the previous models... Unfortunately I have had the flu for the past week so I did not have a chance to race this weekend.... Can’t wait to turn some laps!!!!!!

Last edited by Murray; 12-12-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

bruce or anybody who can contact bruce please tellhim to check his PM i just placeda order with him and need for him to read a couple things
Old 12-13-2010, 04:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I've been throwing together some information on the REV.6 on my wiki. It is _really_ a work in progress but I hope to see it fill out a bit more over the next few weeks...

http://racerlog.com/wiki/SpeedMerchant_REV.6
Old 12-14-2010, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (99%+)
Default Carbon side links

Carbon side braces/links.......Anybody talk to Bruce about these yet? Awesome car just needs a little more bling!!

Thanks Greg G
Old 12-14-2010, 07:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Waiting to catch up on car kits and carbon before bling.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (99%+)
Default WHEN?

HI....any ETA on the side braces. Sometime in the new year?
Old 12-14-2010, 07:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Blue Screw
bruce or anybody who can contact bruce please tellhim to check his PM i just placeda order with him and need for him to read a couple things
will you be coming down to Horsham to race?

i've heard from Joel tonight - him and Bruce are busy working on car building and shipments..
Old 12-17-2010, 04:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default good service

over the years, I've seen several RCTech posts wherein people complained about it being difficult to get Speedmerchant parts. Honestly, I'm not sure what the complaints have been about. This week, I needed a few small SM parts (for use on my GenXL). I went to the SM site, placed an online order, and got a reply email from Bruce the following day to tell me that my little order had already been processed and shipped. That sure seems like good customer service to me. Thanks Bruce.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor
over the years, I've seen several RCTech posts wherein people complained about it being difficult to get Speedmerchant parts. Honestly, I'm not sure what the complaints have been about. This week, I needed a few small SM parts (for use on my GenXL). I went to the SM site, placed an online order, and got a reply email from Bruce the following day to tell me that my little order had already been processed and shipped. That sure seems like good customer service to me. Thanks Bruce.
I'll throw in there that for anyone who has been to race where Bruce or any of his team racers have been in attendance, they all have always been available for help and advise. Good people. Thanks.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

hey guys im having a tough time trying tofigure out the side link part and get it set up even... also what are the small oring for.. please give me some pointer to it..
Old 12-17-2010, 04:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Blue Screw
hey guys im having a tough time trying tofigure out the side link part and get it set up even... also what are the small oring for.. please give me some pointer to it..
easy part - small black o-rings are for the side tubes ball studs.

as for the side links, you need to start out w/ them the same length. you start with the center pivot/foot ball connected -- remove the pod plates / motor / axle -- just so you have the main chassis and the lower pod plate connected. you shouldn't have the damper plate connected or springs touching/etc.

connect one link. look at the distance between the graphite. make then even by adjusting a tie rod.

add the second link. move the pod back and forth. is it tight/notchy? adjust the link longer or shorter until it is butter smooth. if it isn't smooth -- stop and ask for help.

i'll be at Horsham RC tomorrow (saturday) all day. i'm in jersey city, nj -- so i take the 80+ mile trip there every week. we can help you there on site.

if you cannot make it out -- reply back once you get to adding the second link.

-mike
Old 12-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hanulec
easy part - small black o-rings are for the side tubes ball studs.

as for the side links, you need to start out w/ them the same length. you start with the center pivot/foot ball connected -- remove the pod plates / motor / axle -- just so you have the main chassis and the lower pod plate connected. you shouldn't have the damper plate connected or springs touching/etc.

connect one link. look at the distance between the graphite. make then even by adjusting a tie rod.

add the second link. move the pod back and forth. is it tight/notchy? adjust the link longer or shorter until it is butter smooth. if it isn't smooth -- stop and ask for help.

i'll be at Horsham RC tomorrow (saturday) all day. i'm in jersey city, nj -- so i take the 80+ mile trip there every week. we can help you there on site.

if you cannot make it out -- reply back once you get to adding the second link.

-mike
Hey Mike, I don't know if they come in the kit but there are also the link o rings which go in the gap at the end of the link rod ends. Using those makes adjusting the rod end tightness much easier. They are available on the SM website.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thanks OD -- I almost forgot about those.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hanulec
Thanks OD -- I almost forgot about those.
You did forget about them FJ lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.