R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-29-2004, 12:13 PM   #76
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

I finally broke an arm yesterday. I actually snapped a tiny piece off where the outer hingepin holds the hub. pretty funny watching the whole wheel assembly shoot out there.

For me, as I have said, the knuckles and rear carriers are the problem. I am pretty easy about bangin the boards, but not much you can do if that part is just gonna break like it does.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 01:48 PM   #77
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by mwcet8k
Are you serious?! You figured that out before Losi did??
On anothe board...probably about 2-3 months ago:

"Maybe if Losi took out some the the damn kinks the belt goes through in the drivetrain their car would be half competative and stop loosing so much to the TC3's"

Look at it now...black belt + new pulleys
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 01:58 PM   #78
Tech Elite

Smile

The on-road worlds are in Florida in October I believe. Is anyone going to argue with me that a new car will be raced there ? Every manufacturer will have the latest and greatest there. Don't show your hand to early. AE learned there lesson by announcing the TC3 early and remember the consequences. They won't make that mistake again. There will be a TC4. But don't expect any pictures or anything until the worlds. If you have any info it will be from the inside. By the way people are having this same conversation about the new Losi touring car. So stop and wait
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 10:03 AM   #79
Tech Adept

ttt
Fusedbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 06:10 PM   #80
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Reilly
The on-road worlds are in Florida in October I believe. Is anyone going to argue with me that a new car will be raced there ? Every manufacturer will have the latest and greatest there. Don't show your hand to early. AE learned there lesson by announcing the TC3 early and remember the consequences. They won't make that mistake again. There will be a TC4. But don't expect any pictures or anything until the worlds. If you have any info it will be from the inside. By the way people are having this same conversation about the new Losi touring car. So stop and wait
yes and thats all i can say about that!!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2004, 10:22 PM   #81

give it some time and them its shot down time for all you belt and shaft waynabes
tc3isthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 12:17 AM   #82
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by tc3isthebest
give it some time and them its shot down time for all you belt and shaft waynabes
racerdx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 11:36 AM   #83
Tech Adept

I looked over that car. Interesting layout. Looks effective but I've never seen one at the track... time will tell.

Eric.
Fusedbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 12:02 PM   #84
Tech Master

Exclamation

Yup! Im pretty much excited with the new released of TC3.... Hoping that they will come up to a better molding components on chassis as to what all of you guys mentioned prevoiusly.. Better hinge pins and arms hopefully will improved on the new release of TC3. I hope that nxt quarter would be the best time for AE to release the new/latest version of TC3.
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 02:01 AM   #85
Tech Addict

Default Why not release info...

I think it was a great idea that AE released information about the TC3 back in the day. Many people like myself waited to get a TC3. I think it is a great idea to let it's customers know so they can wait to buy their product vs. buying someone elses. Yes, some complaint because they had to wait but that never hurt AE in any way.
Nightbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 08:41 AM   #86
Tech Elite

People all ready know there is a new TC3 coming. You are wronge about the early announcement not hurting associated. There is a reason alot of the new releases are catching people off guard with there kit releases.
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 09:18 AM   #87
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

AE and other companies do not release info on new car developments because it would pretty much halt their current sales...

Imagine if AE told everyone right now a TC4 or something was in the works and due out in Oct....no one would be buying a TC3 anymore.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:06 AM   #88
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Nexus
Imagine if AE told everyone right now a TC4 or something was in the works and due out in Oct....no one would be buying a TC3 anymore.
And tons of used TC3's would go on sale. You'll be able to pick up a beautiful deal on used TC3's when the next one comes out.

I still think that an all-new TC4 is still just a pipe dream. A evolutionary redesign of the current TC3 is logical, so I would belive that. But being familiar with the product design cycle, I feel that a revolutionary complete new platform is not going to be around for a couple more years.
SammyXp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 10:49 AM   #89
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Nexus
AE and other companies do not release info on new car developments because it would pretty much halt their current sales...

It's a no win situation. If AE announce that new car will be out in Oct, almost no people will buy TC3 so they lose sales. If they just start shipping new car with only couple of weeks warning the hobbyshops will have large stocks of TC3 that they can't sell and will be wanting to return to AE.
andsetinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 12:39 PM   #90
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

At Schumacher we plan on running out of old cars ~2 weeks before the release of a new car. We also tell our dealers ~2 months ahead of time so they can sell down parts that will not work on the new car.

Losi did this with the Street Weapon a few years ago. If TC3's get hard to get in the future you'll know what up.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote