Community
Wiki Posts
Search

novak motor +lrp esc problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 04:48 AM
Tech Regular

Default novak motor +lrp esc problems

my brother was at a meeting of his local track with his schumacher mi2ec when during a race it slowed down and stopped. the motor at the time was hot but not that hot. we got home and removed the motor because we thought that was the problem but it was ok. so we tested the esc with a different motor and the same thing happened. you would need to spin the pinion on the motor to get it started but when it is going it sounds like a bag of crap. what we want to know is can a faulty motor ruin the esc?
Old 04-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Company Representative

If you overheat a BL motor, you can damage the stator or demagnetize the rotor material, which can also damage your esc. Never run a BL motor with a weak rotor magnet.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
If you overheat a BL motor, you can damage the stator or demagnetize the rotor material, which can also damage your esc. Never run a BL motor with a weak rotor magnet.
but we havent been trying to get the most out of the motor and it was never over geared. but my brother bought his esc from someone at his club who is sponsoured by schumacher and he thrashes the hell out of his motors and esc's could it be the esc was on its way out? and the rotor was not demagnetised because we disassembled the motor was the rotor was in excellent condition

Last edited by lewis666; 04-19-2010 at 01:35 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:39 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by lewis666
but we havent been trying to get the most out of the motor and it was never over geared. but my brother bought his esc from someone at his club who is sponsoured by schumacher and he thrashes the hell out of his motors and esc's could it be the esc was on its way out? and the rotor was not demagnetised because we disassembled the motor was the rotor was in excellent condition
Weak magnets do not look any differently than strong magnets; I cannot provide assistance for other mfgs' product.

If you have questions concerning Novak items, you can contact [email protected].
Old 04-19-2010, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

we have tired two different motors (another brushless motor and a brushed motor) and it did the same thing. it needed someone to get there finger and spin the end of the rotor to get it started and when it was going it sounded like it was all full of grit. could it be the sensor connection in the esc? or something to do with the esc?
Old 04-19-2010, 09:10 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by lewis666
we have tired two different motors (another brushless motor and a brushed motor) and it did the same thing. it needed someone to get there finger and spin the end of the rotor to get it started and when it was going it sounded like it was all full of grit. could it be the sensor connection in the esc? or something to do with the esc?
Sounds like a bad esc, to me.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

many thanks