Community
Wiki Posts
Search

fusion esc problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 07:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Angry fusion esc problem

Using a Novak Fusion esc in a TC3 on carpet, and it has a strange characteristic. In time it seems to become an on off switch, not a variable speed control. Resetting the esc makes it work, but it seems to revert and show the problem again.

Any thoughts on where to begin?
Thanks
Old 04-21-2004, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I have one of those in my car...I have noticed that sometimes after a hit (I don't drive so good ), it won't go for a second, then it takes off...dunno if it's a radio thing or an ESC thing...
Old 04-22-2004, 06:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default impact

Thanks for the Idea Joe, I will take that into consideration. This one also has survived some impacts.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

I had a problem with fusions in general I was using a 19T Team Orion Element and the thing would over heat after a minute on the track and shut off for a few seconds every time I slowed down in the turns. I bought a friends off of him since I thought there was something wrong with mine but the exact same thing happened. Funny thing is that these ESCs were running fine with 16T and 17T but overheated with a 19T the 19T was running pretty cool too and I wasnt overgeared. I sent an email to Novak asking for replacement because if these ESCs are rated down to 12T they should be able to handle a 19T. All they said was that I could pay a fee (somewhere between $30 and $40) and trade them in for refurbished ones.