R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-22-2004, 01:05 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
That's cool if they are coming out with it. Wonder how that will work. I can't imagine that legally Big Jim would be able to use that technology he developed for Reedy. If not, Reedy made a HUGE mistake by not securing their own trade secrets/R&D.
That sounds very interesting to say the least....new motor to come out....inspite of what is going on with "quad" magnet outlaws and what-have-you's. I'am sure that is with the blessing from mike reedy....or they could be behind the r&d too.

As for dealing with Big Jim....I have not qualms at all. I just recently ordered a Fiddlestick and got it within 3-4 business days. Indeed, i'am planning on getting their signature stock motors too, but i'll probably wait a little while in as much that someone here mention that they are back-ordered. iam sure if there will ever be any problem, Big Jim will treat it in a professional manner.
jeepnyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 08:56 PM   #17
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The armature is the only design idea that will be used and Jim had it LONG before he worked at Reedy.....the rest of the motor will share nothing with the old design. I didn't like the can or the endbell designs that much.....

The first versions of the motor will meet all ROAR specs, except for the extended arm shaft with a taper......which will only be until I work out a deal with the Japanese company to put the arm blank I need on the correct shaft.

Later EddieO
Old 04-23-2004, 06:49 AM   #18
Tech Adept

Hi everyone, this is what is said by you racist and self righteous
Big Jim,

Quote:
some of these towel-head terrorists we have taken prisoner.

Com'on preznit Bush. Save lives and money. Pull us out now and nuke Bagdad and be done with it. Let the mice and cockroaches have it.

if it's not the Japs or towel-head then it's some other race
and that is the man you said that is a professional man, come on
I have a Brother that is fighting in Iraq and he is not saying what
Big Jim is saying, he is a RUMHEAD and a BIGOT and for RUMHEAD
that mean ALCOHOLIC stop supporting this Racist and let him drown in his addiction.
Dr Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 07:44 AM   #19
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

I think its best that Big Jim respond to this as far as the towel head and Japs comments.

I haven't had any racial issues with him, and just by looking at the pay receipt he gets from paypal when I pay him he can tell I am not white or aryan or whatever and he has always responded to the numerous questions I post with the same testyness that he gives to everyone else.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 10:22 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Cain
I think its best that Big Jim respond to this as far as the towel head and Japs comments.

I haven't had any racial issues with him, and just by looking at the pay receipt he gets from paypal when I pay him he can tell I am not white or aryan or whatever and he has always responded to the numerous questions I post with the same testyness that he gives to everyone else.
That just means that he'll take anyone's money...

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 10:29 AM   #21
Tech Addict

Didn't he use to work for Integy? Man if any of this is even close to true, I am done with Team Paradigm motors.
Formula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 10:31 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Read through his forum on rccars.com and it's all there.

Old 04-23-2004, 10:45 AM   #23
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
The Big Jim forums used to be a good source of information. Now, they are useful if you want an education on his ego. I stopped reading it because I was so tired of his use of "Japs" in a derrogatory sense, and his general supremacy over all others in his field. If it's not Big Jim, it's crap right?

Per Big Jim, the MVP is the best Stocker out there still, and the last good Trinity motor was the P2k (just happens to be the last motor he designed.)

As for the Reedy Motor, if/when it comes out I'll buy one or three for sure.

Blake
I've got to agree with you, Blake. These comments are the reason why I stopped buying and using Jim's products. I am sad to say that I also have two copies of his book - which I had planned to give to friends. And (shy of burning them) I am not sure what else to do with them.

I also heard that Reedy was no longer working with him and, if that is true, I am glad. Because, although I am a fan of Reedy's products, I won't knowingly purchase anything associated with Jim Greenmeyer.

Cheers,
Stu
kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 11:05 AM   #24
Tech Elite

I'm not on a crusade against Big Jim, that's not my intent at all. Just don't agree with his comments, and when I see people stick up for his actions it just burns me.

Even if the Japanese manufacturer didn't want to make the Cobalt, I doubt it was simply for the fact that we are Americans and they don't like us. They probably did the math and at this time for that product, the numbers didn't match up. Respect that or find another manufacturer, don't result to name calling and bashing someone's race...

As I've always said, there is only one legitimate prejudice and that is stupidity.

Old 04-23-2004, 12:32 PM   #25
Tech Addict

Let it be known that I did not start this thread with an intention of bashing Big Jim. This thread was started in the hope of finding info about the "Cobalt" motor. Please keep it that way. Thank you
jeepnyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 04:52 PM   #26
Tech Legend

Actually if you truely are a racist you don't. A real racist doesn't and I have seen how they act.

Here is his response that he sent me to post:

Gee, is someone offended that I called the people that are killing American soldiers, Towel-Head Terrorists? I have a lot worse names I could call these people. And this was a direct reference to those murders and not to the Iraqi people in general.
Who is sticking up for these people? No American should be. People will always say what they want.
It also is a testimony to the integrity of the site that allows that senseless personal bashing to go on. I don't control what's said on the Commentary topic but I do on all the motor topics on my forum. I don't tolerate that kind of behavior.
Feel free to post this on my behalf.

BIG JIM
Old 04-23-2004, 06:58 PM   #27
Tech Addict

What about the “Jap” reference?
Formula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 08:15 PM   #28
Tech Legend

Well, each his own opinion. If you want clarification on the Jap's and Towelheads comments, feel free to contact Jim via email or what have you.

Anyway, whatever this new motor is going to be, I hope that they shoot for similar durability like the Peak Vantage motors. I think more runtime and less maintenance should be something they shoot for.
Old 04-23-2004, 11:39 PM   #29
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Cain
It also is a testimony to the integrity of the site that allows that senseless personal bashing to go on. I don't control what's said on the Commentary topic but I do on all the motor topics on my forum. I don't tolerate that kind of behavior.
As always, Big Jim ends anything having to do with R/C Tech with an attack on this site. Funny how even though I specifically stayed out of this thread, I STILL got attacked.
Old 04-24-2004, 06:47 AM   #30
Tech Legend

Actually futureal I think Big Jim has a point. This thread was for a discussion of the cobalt motor and somehow turned into a disccusion about if he is a racist or not