Wiki Posts
Search

2010 US Indoor Champs.....CLEVELAND

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pink and Blue
That is incorrect. I looked at the sheets that Andrew Hardman ran a few 9.9's in stock spec touring. They were surrounded by 10.0 and 10.1 laps. On top of that, i was in his races most of the week. He WAS that fast!
The second place car in the main was almost as fast.

I was running fast laps of 10.4's and he was about .5 seconds faster around the track than I was.

These were real.
Wrong. None of that is real. The only real thing is the finishing order.

Look at fast lap for some of the races. Its rediculous. Haynes did not do an 8.8 in mod touring. He did win though which was awesome. It shows Dave Erlich doing a fast lap of 8.8 in WGT that did not happen. There are people that did 9.0 in the lower mains of 17.5 12th scale. Again did not happen I think the loop was too wide for the oval and people were double counting at times. Either way it corrected the times and it all came out equal by giving people long laps randomly to make up for it. Don't ask me how but it did.

Keven did not do a 9.5 in Super stock. Till the laptimes got screwed up fast lap was 9.8.

It started early on with Brad Johnson having 9.7 laptimes in the first practice of super stock when mod times weren't even that fast yet and got progressively worse during the week. I'm not really sure what was going on but the main fast laps were not correct for many racers.

Andrew Hartman is a great young racer but 9.9 was not possible in Spec TC.

I had a great time at this race and Supported the champs but no one will claim the scoring system was not flawed big time. Like I said it all worked out in the end but those times are not accurate.

Last edited by L.Fairtrace; 11-29-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
I really enjoyed announcing this year and look forward to next year. There are a few area's I will be working on, such as calling out traffic etc. Hope everyone had a good time, and I'll see everyone soon!
Great Job Ken!! And thanks for posting the results pages. Hopefully next year we'll have a little more help on mic duties along with a schedule. Oh yeah, what address do I send your $5.00 to since I must have been suffering from sleep deprivation when I left!!
Old 11-29-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Warner
Great Job Ken!! And thanks for posting the results pages. Hopefully next year we'll have a little more help on mic duties along with a schedule. Oh yeah, what address do I send your $5.00 to since I must have been suffering from sleep deprivation when I left!!
Thanks for the compliments John. I really had a great time this past weekend, and you were a big help in more ways than you know! Don't worry about the five dollars, lol cause I'm not. I think we were all suffering from sleep deprivation by Sunday evening.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Was this year the first time they set up pit tables next to the track for the local racers?
Old 11-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by superspeed
Was this year the first time they set up pit tables next to the track for the local racers?
Yes
Old 11-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace

Look at fast lap for some of the races. Its rediculous. Haynes did not do an 8.8 in mod touring. He did win though which was awesome. It shows Dave Erlich doing a fast lap of 8.8 in WGT that did not happen. There are people that did 9.0 in the lower mains of 17.5 12th scale. Again did not happen I think the loop was too wide for the oval and people were double counting at times. Either way it corrected the times and it all came out equal by giving people long laps randomly to make up for it. Don't ask me how but it did.

Keven did not do a 9.5 in Super stock. Till the laptimes got screwed up fast lap was 9.8.

It started early on with Brad Johnson having 9.7 laptimes in the first practice of super stock when mod times weren't even that fast yet and got progressively worse during the week. I'm not really sure what was going on but the main fast laps were not correct for many racers.

I had a great time at this race and Supported the champs but no one will claim the scoring system was not flawed big time. Like I said it all worked out in the end but those times are not accurate.
I had a 9.5 in F1 during qualifying.(very unlikely!)...the loop stopped at the board -----on the righthander after the sweeper --if you got knocked out against the board you got counted----this was four foot off the race line....the min. lap usually caught it and kept it from happening. sometimes it didn't...
Old 11-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks to Ian and Joe for making the race happen!

Thanks to Team CRC for all the support throughout the weekend!

Looking forward to next year
Old 11-30-2010, 06:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Anyone got some good trophy pics?
Andrew Knapp.
Winner of 17.5 1/12
Attached Thumbnails 2010 US Indoor Champs.....CLEVELAND-race-pictures-060.jpg  
Old 11-30-2010, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team CRC
I missed my arch rival Eli, just wasn't the same without verbal abusing him and being abused by him.
Yup, wish I would have made it this year too. Really enjoy the rivalry between us. Congrats to ALL the winners.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

is there going to be a place where pictures are posted for the event?
Old 11-30-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thank you Ian and crew for all the hard work, there were a few hiccups but it all worked out in the end.

Layout was fun and fast. Hopefully I can make it out again next year.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Larry and I had a great time. It was our first Champs race and I'll admit, we got our butts kicked. . But plans are in the works for us to be there again next year. Was great to see alot of old time friends like Schreff, Fairtrace, and Feather, Plus all new people and friends we made over the weekend.

Ian and crew did a good job and I know it is only gonna get better. Until next time everyone take care.

Bob W.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default race video

hey everyone i have posted video on u tube ... look for 2010 US indoor carpet champs A main mod TC with the same name also have the 17.5 spec classes as well .... if you can't find them there go to hobby talk and go to performace hobby thread they r there to watch . for some reason i can't seem to post them on here sorry
Old 11-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ian and crew you guys did a great job thanks for keeping this race going I had a great time already looking forward to next year

Mark Bauer
Old 11-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace

Couldn't have said it any better. I think there was even an 8.0 by Haynes in one of the qualifiers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.