R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-29-2010, 10:16 AM   #706
Tech Fanatic

This was my 4th Champs race. The first as a volunteer working on the track crew. I a new level of respect for the people who put on these types of events... I was plain wore out by the time I got home late Sunday night. I hope that those who may get on here and evaluate the race take into consideration the huge amount of work and effort a small number of dedicated people did and some of the learning curves this brought to light for them.
Thanks to all the sponsors who supported this race and the racers who spent the holiday weekend racing and having some great times.
Mike Pulfer is my HERO....
scootr117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:19 AM   #707
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000 View Post
Not to be too cranky this morning, but I hope the sponsors got all the recognition they intended at the race. The rest of the racing world saw relatively no coverage outside the hotel in Cleveland. As far as I can tell, there was a rumor that there was a race and a few scraps of photoshopped work was posted to the internet. I would like to congratulate a few buddy's, but I can't quite tell if they were even there!
Unfortunately, with the Dirty Dirla not in attendance the net coverage suffered.....as for Sponsor coverage during the event the announcer (Ken Feathers) did a fantastic job covering the list, very periodically throughout the event.

On that note enough can not be said for the support of John Peoples and A B Charles Hobbies. To sit there through the looooong days and pack every thing up each night just to set it all back up the next day......for those needing parts, John I'm sure you saved many a day THANKS

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:26 AM   #708
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
On that note enough can not be said for the support of John Peoples and A B Charles Hobbies. To sit there through the looooong days and pack every thing up each night just to set it all back up the next day......for those needing parts, John I'm sure you saved many a day THANKS
+1000 John is "Da Man"!
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:54 PM   #709
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1 View Post
The car was fast and worked great. Thanks to Mark Calandra for talking me into running magenta rears and .50mm front springs I also have to thank Kenny Lambert for the ESC help, Dave Morrow for letting me borrow his dyno, and John at Team Scream for the awesome batteries!!

ESC settings:
35 boost
9 turbo
.5 delay
3.0 ramp

Motor/gearing/lipo:
Duo 3 (from team scream)
10* timing
51-80
1.66" tires
team scream "50C" lipo
You mean my brother helped you kick my butt! Mark is in deep doo doo now!

Actually, great run Wayne, you kicked our butts. I had TQ for 2 rounds but you poured it on big time on Saturday. You have been the fastest Masters car for about 3 years but in the past years, you crashed your way out of winning. This year you drove well and were flying, congrats on the win!

I missed my arch rival Eli, just wasn't the same without verbal abusing him and being abused by him.
Team CRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:18 PM   #710
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Did Piersol not bring the Eli Doll this year Frank? LOL
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #711
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Thanks Frank! (and Mark )
All I kept thinking was don't blow out in the sweeper..lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team CRC View Post
You mean my brother helped you kick my butt! Mark is in deep doo doo now!

Actually, great run Wayne, you kicked our butts. I had TQ for 2 rounds but you poured it on big time on Saturday. You have been the fastest Masters car for about 3 years but in the past years, you crashed your way out of winning. This year you drove well and were flying, congrats on the win!

I missed my arch rival Eli, just wasn't the same without verbal abusing him and being abused by him.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:27 PM   #712
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
Unfortunately, with the Dirty Dirla not in attendance the net coverage suffered
tried to get them emailed to me. come on Ian!!!!! i'll post them
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:48 PM   #713
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Great race guys. Thanks to Ian and Joe for making this race happen. This was my 1st year and I be back again for the next one.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #714
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Congrats to wayne Gerber awesome job
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #715
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
tried to get them emailed to me. come on Ian!!!!! i'll post them
Robert.....

We ended up using Chicky's laptop with the version of RC Scoring Pro that he had been using in the past. Soooo..... All the race results are with him as far as I know.
John Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:22 PM   #716
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default Champs Results

MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:26 PM   #717
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default Missed this one!

I fixed it in the above post. I really enjoyed announcing this year and look forward to next year. There are a few area's I will be working on, such as calling out traffic etc. Hope everyone had a good time, and I'll see everyone soon!
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:49 PM   #718
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Cool Hey Guys...

For all you Indoor Champs Drivers we have posted the top 5 finishers in all the A-Mains for On-Road and Oval...

Check it out at www.rcinsider.com... We just want give you guys as much recognition as possible...

Congratulations to all the winners and everyone in participating in this event!

Sincerely,

Jeremy Flint
Managing Editor
[email protected]
www.rcinsider.com
jdogger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:21 PM   #719
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Anyone got some good trophy pics?

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:51 PM   #720
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveM3 View Post
What not to many know is that the lap times for races were all messed up. In every race there was a random lap that was really low followed by a lap that was higher to correct the error. What we do know is that the TC mod lap range was around 9.5-9.9, superstock 17.5 TC was around 9.8-10.1, and spec was around 10.3-10.7. Any other claimed lap times out of these ranges are suspect.

Spec was not even close to modified but superstock was very close! Congrats to all the winners.
That is incorrect. I looked at the sheets that Andrew Hardman ran a few 9.9's in stock spec touring. They were surrounded by 10.0 and 10.1 laps. On top of that, i was in his races most of the week. He WAS that fast!
The second place car in the main was almost as fast.

I was running fast laps of 10.4's and he was about .5 seconds faster around the track than I was.

These were real.
Pink and Blue is offline   Reply With Quote