R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-13-2010, 08:33 AM   #46
Tech Master

Great news for all the Champs racers!! I myself am really excited about this as I really enjoy racing oval!! With Ian at the helm and the potential to bring a more first time Cleveland racers I am sure this will be a great shot in the arm the Champs needed.

Ian - If there's anything myself or CEFX can do just let me know!! We are definatly on-board to help how ever we can!!
Old 04-13-2010, 02:31 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mr. Boice: Last year the floor was VERY good aside from one dip leading onto the straight. We've isolated what caused that dip, and we're going to fix it. The carpet guy did a fantastic job last year, and with the right application of shims, etc. We should be able to come up with an EXTREMELY flat surface.

Josh: Thanks man!! Support from an industry mainstay like CEFX really means alot. Rest assured, you'll be hearing from me in the weeks to come.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:29 PM   #48
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Hey Ian, not sure if you have covered this yet, but will World GT run at the champs this year?
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #49
CDW
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to CDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE View Post
Hey Ian, not sure if you have covered this yet, but will World GT run at the champs this year?
There will be 13.5 World GT
Hope this helps,
CD Wells

Last edited by CDW; 04-13-2010 at 07:23 PM.
CDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #50
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW View Post
There will be 13.5 World GT
Hope this helps,
CD Wells
My protege hit the nail on the head. 13.5 WGT at this year's Champs.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
Old 04-23-2010, 04:24 PM   #51
RLS
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ahh, the rumor is true. Great news! The addition of oval is going to add alot of fun to a great race! Looking forward to a list of the classes.
RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #52
Tech Fanatic

Sounds great Ian....as always let me know if you need my support with anything. I guess VTA hasn't been mentioned so it is out this time to keep the schedule under control?
Mike Pulfer is my HERO....
scootr117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:25 AM   #53
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr117 View Post
Sounds great Ian....as always let me know if you need my support with anything. I guess VTA hasn't been mentioned so it is out this time to keep the schedule under control?
No VTA this year. We want to wait untill the class stabilizes, and the rules get "locked-in" for a fair amount of time before we offer VTA.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:11 PM   #54
Tech Master

Hey Ian,

Just so everyone knows - May 14th and May 15th we will be having a CEFX oval race at The Gate. It's not meant as a serious race but more of a fun race with a bunch of perks.

I'm going to have a bunch of the prototype CEFX oval cars preped and ready to race for drivers who want to come out and try their hand at oval racing. Maybe this will also bring some interest to the on-road racers to give oval a try this year at the Champs. We'll run through some basic set-up stuff and how I build my oval cars.

CEFX is also buying all the racers in attendance lunch with pizza and drinks (non-alcoholic) and there is a cash payout from the entries. Should be a great time and a good way to get some on-road guys into some oval cars to see what classes they may be interested in for next years Champs.

We'll also have Monti Panzica (Snowbirds, BRL and TOUR oval Champ 7.5) and John Foister from BSR in attendance racing. From CEFX, we'll have a bunch of guys including Brian Deel (Snowbirds, BRL and TOUR oval Champ 13.5 COT). If anyone is interested in coming to the race and I'll get a pre-entry list going on the CEFX site and we could possibly reserve one of the prototype cars for you to race at the event.

Did I mention I am really excited about the Champs this year??
Old 04-29-2010, 05:27 PM   #55
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackin View Post
Sorry John,
I retired at the end of last year, now I'm on a fixed income. Gotta watch my pennies.

chuck
Retired????????????? You're younger than I am! You and Starkey sucking all the social security money out of the system before I get a chance at it! Congrat's on the retirement! I'll be working until I'm 80 at this pace.

Good luck with the race Ian. I'm sure you will make it a great event!
SteveL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:20 PM   #56
Tech Adept

Default Retire??

Chuck,

You have to race until you use up all the Yellow Paint and Skip Uses all the Green.

Hope all the OLD %*%$%^ can be there and that includes you too Junior Norton.

Joe R
Slot-machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #57
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any new developments?
knapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:54 PM   #58
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to Agent38

Ian-

I am super excited about the race this year! Can't wait to see all you guys again! I am looking forward to it... I may even steal Joel's car and go roundy round..... I mean if HE can win with it... ANYONE can...right?!
Agent38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:12 PM   #59
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent38 View Post
Ian-

I am super excited about the race this year! Can't wait to see all you guys again! I am looking forward to it... I may even steal Joel's car and go roundy round..... I mean if HE can win with it... ANYONE can...right?!
OH SNAP!!!!!!!
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent38 View Post
Ian-

You'll get your chance to see me this weekend in Rome. Joel's pretty hadcore on the Oval, but we all know that it's the chassis, don't we?