Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ron - Nope, coming to play with you guys at Motorama!! I need LOTS of practice!! Heading out to the track in 1:45 minutes... Doing my morning e-mail, RedRC, Neo, RCTech, HobbyTalk and e-mail again. Then I get to go work on my Agama until 11am, then it's off to the track. I figure I can get at least 5 more days of 1/8 practice in before the race and I might try to run some electric 2wd and 4wd just for extra "dirt" time before the race...lol...

Smyka - Driving, leaving Thursday early afternoon sometime. I have no clue about the race and that I'm aware, Jamie Grayek is the other Agama driver attending the race but I've never meet or spoken with him. Like I said, I don't really have plans (or a clue) but I'll be there!! I don't have your # so you'll have to e-mail it to me.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

i just sent you a email to your cefx account if you didnt get it call mne 860 716 5720 mark
Old 02-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Ron - Nope, coming to play with you guys at Motorama!! I need LOTS of practice!! Heading out to the track in 1:45 minutes... Doing my morning e-mail, RedRC, Neo, RCTech, HobbyTalk and e-mail again. Then I get to go work on my Agama until 11am, then it's off to the track. I figure I can get at least 5 more days of 1/8 practice in before the race and I might try to run some electric 2wd and 4wd just for extra "dirt" time before the race...lol...

Smyka - Driving, leaving Thursday early afternoon sometime. I have no clue about the race and that I'm aware, Jamie Grayek is the other Agama driver attending the race but I've never meet or spoken with him. Like I said, I don't really have plans (or a clue) but I'll be there!! I don't have your # so you'll have to e-mail it to me.
Sounds like you'll be ready for a new motor by Friday. I won't be Racing at Motorama but I'll make my way out Sunday to check out the action.

Jamie's a great guy. He's one of Schreff's friends. So watch out.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Is this Cefx sold as a kit or conversion? I would like to buy one but cannot find it anywhere online? Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks
Old 02-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

cefxspeedshop.net
Old 02-11-2011, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Hiya,

any chance you could put some pics of your 12th car on here please?

Cheers, Chris.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingman2
Hiya,

any chance you could put some pics of your 12th car on here please?

Cheers, Chris.
Go back a page. Pics of both his 1/12th and WGT from the birds.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wingracer
Go back a page. Pics of both his 1/12th and WGT from the birds.
Nice one mate, must of missed them somehow! Cheers.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mcb-jet
hi josh hope your feeling well soon.
I have also had a bowing chassis hence i bought a new chassis and motor mounts off you last december which i have not tried out yet.
The problem seems to be coming from the middle screw area on the motor mounts ,they seem to be very weak and made out of a soft material so they can be bent very easily.
I also found that the chassis could be bent slightly upwards in this area(with motor mounts removed) and how can i check if i have the new mounts i have are up to your standards?
Hi,
I'm im the driver of the above car just wanted to let interested people know what was the conlusion of our bent chassis issue.We went out testing this morning at our local track and the car had a brand new chassis ,motor mount and stiffener on.The car was setup with a perfectly straight chassis and all screws were tight.The chassis had a slight bend in it after running the first 3 battery packs and this was straightened again(knee tweaked straight).At this stage the car had only had some slight clips on the corner barriers on angled concrete and not very hard hits.On the 4th battery my dad had a go and softly side hit the track barriers and ran it over a 2 inch poly pipe barrier slowly(not hard).We then checked the chassis after these 3 hits and the chassis was banana shaped and bent around the engine mount area(same as previous chassis).Now after this experience my dad is now very very very pissed off and disapointed as our new TOP Photon has been smashed into the end of a piece of 4 by 2 wood barrier and hasnt been bent(VERY HARD HIT).So knowing that where onto a good thing with the TOP Photon my dad has now ordered a new TOP lipo chassis conversion kit for this car and the CEFX chassis will be collecting dust with our other obsolete car bits.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Last edited by Jamison R; 02-15-2011 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

McbainRC - I am sorry to hear your displeasure with the car. I am curious about when/where you purchased it from (if from the CEFX site, order # please). I myself have run the Evo quite a bit and have never had the issue as others have stated. Yes, I do hit stuff but without this problem (yes, running the same production parts as everyone else). Again I find it extremely hard to believe all these "soft" hits are creating such a problem. I'm also quite disapointed NO ONE e-mails me at CEFX about these problems as still to date, I do not have a "banana" chassis or motor plate combination here to try and sort out the problem. I know the problem is not the chassis if you had the problem with the other chassis as well. It must be a bad motor plate or something else.

I just thought of a possible something else..... Has anyone looked at the graphite center shaft mounts?? Please make sure to check as some of these came off the machine slightly over size so if you put them on the motor plate (or mount plate as some double up), make sure these don't hang below the motor plate. If they do, it could definatly cause a bowing issue.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
McbainRC - I am sorry to hear your displeasure with the car. I am curious about when/where you purchased it from (if from the CEFX site, order # please). I myself have run the Evo quite a bit and have never had the issue as others have stated. Yes, I do hit stuff but without this problem (yes, running the same production parts as everyone else). Again I find it extremely hard to believe all these "soft" hits are creating such a problem. I'm also quite disapointed NO ONE e-mails me at CEFX about these problems as still to date, I do not have a "banana" chassis or motor plate combination here to try and sort out the problem. I know the problem is not the chassis if you had the problem with the other chassis as well. It must be a bad motor plate or something else.

I just thought of a possible something else..... Has anyone looked at the graphite center shaft mounts?? Please make sure to check as some of these came off the machine slightly over size so if you put them on the motor plate (or mount plate as some double up), make sure these don't hang below the motor plate. If they do, it could definatly cause a bowing issue.
Josh- I could send you my car to go over. I dont wanna sell it. I really would like to use it for asphalt this summer.

BTW im going to check center pulley mount now.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Josh:

Hi,

please check your email. call me when your not busy.

Thanks

Tim
Old 02-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

KingKarate - You posted that your car has no bow so what good would that do me?? I'm looking to find mount/motor plates that are indeed bent or something I can find to be the source of the problem. I have two straight Evo cars here that don't have this problem and really I don't need a third.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Last edited by Jamison R; 02-15-2011 at 01:47 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.