Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution. >

CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.

CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Josh,

Can you post a picture of your foam car stand. Also your shock towers and camber link plates, what I am wondering is there more holes or different hole locations than on the stock parts. Car looks great btw.

Last edited by corallyman; 04-20-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'll get a pic of the car stand up...

The rear shock tower is the same as standard with a little different shape, new graphite and the body post positions are 5-6mm (I can't remember exactly) wider so you can run the posts on the back side of the tower and they don't interfer with the wing mounts in the bodies.

The front shock tower has an extra position to the outside, less holes on the inside (unused) and the holes are slightly closer together for finer adjustment. Different shape and new graphite finish it off.

Camber plates are a combination of the standard and optional plates with the longer inner hole being the same as the long inner on the stock plates but there is the really long position (which I really like in the front) and the short position is the same as the optional (which I like in the rear). The three outer positions are closer together, new shape and out of the new graphite. It's sort of the best of both worlds between the stock and optional plates for the Photon.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Awesome pics!
Old 04-20-2010, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
I'll get a pic of the car stand up...

The rear shock tower is the same as standard with a little different shape, new graphite and the body post positions are 5-6mm (I can't remember exactly) wider so you can run the posts on the back side of the tower and they don't interfer with the wing mounts in the bodies.

The front shock tower has an extra position to the outside, less holes on the inside (unused) and the holes are slightly closer together for finer adjustment. Different shape and new graphite finish it off.

Camber plates are a combination of the standard and optional plates with the longer inner hole being the same as the long inner on the stock plates but there is the really long position (which I really like in the front) and the short position is the same as the optional (which I like in the rear). The three outer positions are closer together, new shape and out of the new graphite. It's sort of the best of both worlds between the stock and optional plates for the Photon.
Will you be offering a "complete" CEFX upgrade chassis? Meaning one that includes the camber plates and shock towers?

I don't currently have a Photon so I'd rather buy the parts needed than buy a Photon just to upgrade. And after seeing your pics I may go the Tamiya Evolution route.

Last edited by PitNamedGordie; 04-20-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

any plans for a "schumacher" evolution?

also why did you opt for the lipo battery slots, but only 4 of them? all of my batteries have all of the humps.. did it change the stiffness of the chassis? strength?
Old 04-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

last one...

As you can see, we are using a different type graphite with a 1k weave instead of the 3k that is normally used. I actually cut two different sets of parts to test out of this graphite and I think the production graphite is really about perfect on the flex. The other material I cut is really stiff (boarder line foam car). You can also add/remove standoffs (4) up the center to stiffen the flex as well as remove the rear screws in the motor or mount plate. All these things make it really easy to tune the stiffness of the car.

CEFX Evolution includes:

Chassis
Front Top Plate
Rear Top Plate
Motor Guard
Bulkheads (4)
Motor Plate
Mount Plate
Top Plate Mount
Steering Post
Pulley Post
Pulley Post Mount
Rear Belt
Standoffs (8)
+ Hardware that you would need additional from a Photon

We are also making:

Front Shock Tower
Rear Shock Tower
Camber Link Plates
Foam Front Bumper
Foam Car Stand
Lipo Locators (for packs without bumps)

Other drawings are being worked on for more production parts now. As we finalize those and get them into production we will release more news on them.

Back to work!!
What about the front belt Josh? Why a different rear belt? Size?

THX
Old 04-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Nova - The rear belt is longer. The stock Photon belt works in the front. We may order the front belts the next time we order belts.

Double D - No, our next course of action will be to make more parts to get the car closer to a complete kit. Being that you can put these other company's suspension on the car I think we will focus on the bell crank and transmission parts first. As far as the slots, the packs I had seen only had the ones I put in there... I didn't realize other packs had them all... Which packs??

Pit - We haven't discussed it yet but we may as we get more and more parts made up for the car. The origional idea was to give people the cheapest alternative to upgrade their Photon. Now that you can do this with a Tamiya, you will need these parts anyway so we will look into what we can do about getting this all together. I'll speak with Angel about it tonight....
Old 04-20-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Exclamation PLEASE BUILD AN ENTIRE CAR KIT!!!

Josh, you have impressed!!!

For those of us who own cars other than the TOP or Tamiya we plead with you to make us a complete kit. I don't suspect a T3 conversion anytime soon so I will look forward to a complete TC that gives us bashers some fighting chance...lol

All the best to you!!
Old 04-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

F1fletch - I would love to, really... At the moment, we just don't have the $$ to do that so unless you know someone rich who wants to throw us some loot we'll just have to do it step by step...lol..

By the way - we are already recieving lots of e-mails about the Tamiya version. We are working on a parts list of what you would have to buy from TOP (transmission/bell crank/suspension mounts) in order to convert a Tamiya car.... More soon...
Old 04-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

josh, you think i can mount cyclone suspension parts on this chassis? if so sign me up for the kit once they are released!
Old 04-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Awesome!! Good Job Josh, your new Evo it's very nice, I want upgrade my photon quickly.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

joey - Honestly, I don't think so because their suspension arms have "sweep" in them (especially the fronts). You can only use symetrical arms on the car...
Old 04-20-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joey
josh, you think i can mount cyclone suspension parts on this chassis? if so sign me up for the kit once they are released!
Outer hinge pin dia. is different and the inner hinge pin length is different than the Top car. Also the droop screw dia. is different. If you use the TOP arm mounts you should be able to bolt on the Cyclone suspension as they are pretty much the same thing.

P.S. I'm not Josh. YMMV
Old 04-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Josh:

Hi,

Please check your fb box

Thanks
Old 04-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

joey - Honestly, I don't think so because their suspension arms have "sweep" in them (especially the fronts). You can only use symetrical arms on the car...
I see a bulkhead option part with holes a few MM forward on the request list.

I don't have the schui arm to measure here, but I *think* if you run it with both spacers in front of the arm, the chub would be close to center line of a symmetrical arm.

In the end, the only advantage for using other parts is to recycle spares, I doubt there are performance benefits.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.