Wiki Posts
Search

CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy

There's another thing I'm kind of surprised to see on your chassis, it's the full cutout underneath the motor. Surely having a brace here can't be helping with symmetric flex, or with tweak...

Good luck anyway

Fab
About 6 months ago I saw a prototype of the Photon chassis with the same cut out. When I asked about the flex I was told that with the chassis cut out and the brace added, the flex was more even (and the chassis stronger) than with the chassis being half cut like most other manufacturers have it.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rob Burns
About 6 months ago I saw a prototype of the Photon chassis with the same cut out. When I asked about the flex I was told that with the chassis cut out and the brace added, the flex was more even (and the chassis stronger) than with the chassis being half cut like most other manufacturers have it.
Yes but the trend is to no cut outs...
Old 04-11-2010, 01:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Yes but the trend is to no cut outs...
Since when? I've been away from R/C for the last couple of months but when I last checked most cars I've seen have the top couple of layers of carbon fiber removed so as to allow the motor to sit lower. When did they start raising the motor up?
Old 04-11-2010, 01:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rob Burns
Since when? I've been away from R/C for the last couple of months but when I last checked most cars I've seen have the top couple of layers of carbon fiber removed so as to allow the motor to sit lower. When did they start raising the motor up?
Look at all the Lipo specific chassis...
Old 04-11-2010, 07:09 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Josh,

Your evolution looks really great. Like the Mi4LP somehow, your design is truely original and it's one of the first real ''100% Lipo chassis'' design.
Where things seemed to be done and approved by everyone around, you shown there's still something to improve. Bravo !

Question (maybe already replied is the thread), is there any info about when the evo kit will be available and for how much ?

Thanks
Slide
Bangkok, Thailand
Old 04-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slideaway
Hi Josh,

Your evolution looks really great. Like the Mi4LP somehow, your design is truely original and it's one of the first real ''100% Lipo chassis'' design.
Where things seemed to be done and approved by everyone around, you shown there's still something to improve. Bravo !

Question (maybe already replied is the thread), is there any info about when the evo kit will be available and for how much ?

Thanks
Slide
Bangkok, Thailand
They are taking preorders right now. The kits shows at $190 on the CEFX.com website and Josh said that shipping will begin May 5.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Slideaway
http://www.cefxspeedshop.net/?mainUR...nal_Parts.html

Scroll down a little bit.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

Hey thanks guys for the quick reply.

Just have to check if the original kit is still available here in Thailand.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I've heard the new 12th from CEFX is dialed!

Keep up the good work Josh!!!
Old 04-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by sprintcarracer
It would be cool to see a CEFX Evolution upgrade for the X-Ray T2 line or T3 line.
I would love to see that too
Old 04-12-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

TRF415boy - When you machine materials (especially graphite) you are removing a lot of fibers that brace the chassis. The other key part is that top layer "plain weave" that we all actually see is not what is completely through the panel of graphite. The center layers are all directional fibers - not woven. So, when you "drop mill" a chassis as all the other mfg's do, you have an imbalance in material top/bottom of what is flexing. Also, whenever you pocket something like this it naturally wants to warp into the pocket that you cut. This means your chassis isn't perfectly flat and is prone to always having a slight tweak and definatly not equal in flex. With the motor guard like I designed it I ran it through a lot of flex/stress on the computer so that it loads the LR of the chassis as equal as possible to the RR.....

As far as the Team Orion motor, why they would change it I have no idea. I have never seen one other than the sample the Oscar showed me in Lostallo over the summer and that one still had the standard BL mounting pattern.

$$$ - All the aluminum and steel parts are black. Being that our parts are a conversion for existing cars (like our pan cars) we decided to go with black as you can put anything with the parts and it will not clash and look bad. If we ever can get a 100% complete kit together again, we may make a few things green again but not a lot. I like the dark, clean look of the black without over doing it will all 1 color aluminum.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Max - Thanks!!
Old 04-12-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
I plan on racing it at the WC in Germany.
I hope I can see the evolution there Looks very cool
Good luck for the future
Old 04-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Adept

O.K.

Where do I start. LOL

I pit next to Josh all weekend at the Nats.

Here is some evidence that the car is pretty dialed in. Thursday practice he shows up around late afternoon. Sets his stuff on the table and procedes to laugh, talk, and joke around with everyone till late evening. Finally he pulls the car out of the bag and sets it on the track and matches hot lap a couple of runs later.

Thoughout the rest of the event there wasn't much wrenching other then when he broke the car as he mentioned earlier.

Track was VERY challenging in terms of bumps. Guys were wrenching there buts off trying to get them to handle...

His 12 scale car. Forget about it. Heads and shoulders above everyone else. I am glad he didn't run superstock with me. LOL Just doped the tires threw it down and wheeled the shit out of it! LOL

Looking forward to running CEFX next year.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

I noticed shock towers on the CEFX web site are they different than stock? If so what differences do they have?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.