Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Josh,are the brass weights done?
matt rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #497
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cpatel529 Send a message via Yahoo to cpatel529

Anyone run any of the T.O.P Racing Photon weights in their Evo? Was wondering if they run the center weight for battery alignment or if they run any of the side weights for balancing. Thanks!

Chi
Old 08-24-2010, 01:47 PM   #498
Tech Master

cpatel529 - The TOP center weight won't fit in the Evolution since the belt is switched sides, the hole pattern is different and the center shaft is lower.

Matt - I've been stalling on the brass weights to try and see if the US/ROAR was going to follow EFRA's lead on dropping the weight to 1350g. IIC is down a little but I really don't want to make a ton of different weights so we've just been evaluating what we will do. I have the GLC in Toledo this weekend, then I'll be working on everything for the IIC so I think I will decide at that time. After this weekend, here's what I am working on/releasing:

Luppi - The CEFX front tower has additional holes to the outside (mainly for carpet racing) and off-set holes compared to the TOP one for a different selection of holes. The rear tower has the rear body posts moved much further out for more control of the body and more grip.

Brass weights
Optional "Flexi" chassis with slightly different outer shape and inner cut-outs (like my chassis from the WC)
Optional Front and Rear Plates (softer and stiffer)

I also have a new steering system in the works. Drawings were sent out for production quotes already so hopefully we will have that in production asap and ready for purchase in October.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #499
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cpatel529 Send a message via Yahoo to cpatel529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
cpatel529 - The TOP center weight won't fit in the Evolution since the belt is switched sides, the hole pattern is different and the center shaft is lower.
Thanks Josh! New steering setup? Any pictures that you can share? What benefits will it have over the current design?

Chi
Old 08-24-2010, 02:27 PM   #500
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Thanks for the update Josh, looking forward to running the car on the carpet

Is there any advantage to running the smaller servo, like a 12th scale servo?

Last edited by matt rem; 08-24-2010 at 02:49 PM.
matt rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #501
Tech Regular

Thanks Josh!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:10 PM   #502
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post

I also have a new steering system in the works. Drawings were sent out for production quotes already so hopefully we will have that in production asap and ready for purchase in October.
Hi Josh
Could you please Tell us Whats new or whats the benefit of the new system why did you need to make new steering Design?
Thanx in advance
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:01 PM   #503
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokemad View Post
Hi Josh
Could you please Tell us Whats new or whats the benefit of the new system why did you need to make new steering Design?
Thanx in advance
1+
I wish Josh would finish the set up sheet so we have something to work with or go about...
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:19 PM   #504
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default This might sound strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
1+
I wish Josh would finish the set up sheet so we have something to work with or go about...
Its Genius, or luck, that there isn't one..you have the licence to experiment and without a norm to adhere to

Gave me permission to discover the car for myself

I bought this car because it has been designed by one person, not a committee, with a great reputation, original ideas. And original thinking is truly a rare thing. So its undiluted, uncompromised..the best designs almost always happen as the brainchild of an individual

Its forced me to experiment
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:19 PM   #505
Tech Master

Hi Guys
Is there any good med-high grip carpet setup you recommend me to try?
Thanx in advance
Old 08-25-2010, 09:29 PM   #506
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana166 View Post
Its Genius, or luck, that there isn't one..you have the licence to experiment and without a norm to adhere to

Gave me permission to discover the car for myself

I bought this car because it has been designed by one person, not a committee, with a great reputation, original ideas. And original thinking is truly a rare thing. So its undiluted, uncompromised..the best designs almost always happen as the brainchild of an individual

Its forced me to experiment
So far I got the CEFX Evo working well on high grip...we don't have the permanent outdoor track ..the would make the differnece...
But again I rather see the Josh basic set up that works most track...
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:51 AM   #507
Tech Master

Where is Josh's basic setup?
I found 3 setups for cefx all 3 are different from each other...
There is almost nothing in common ,on xray setups there were some certain things has been found that works on that car but I couldn't find anything similar on those sheets...
For example on one sheet there is no shim used but on the other sheet 2.5mm shim has been used on the same spot ...
Or longest link to shortest link similar big gaps made me a bit confused where to start...
P.S I reckon new steering is gonna be one piece done by carbon fibre look like the one on top sabre it should be much stronger than the current plastic crank...
Cheers

Last edited by yokemad; 08-26-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #508
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Damn Josh....I can't for you to come out with a complete kit!!

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:58 PM   #509
Tech Addict

+1 on basic carpet setup sheet - in hi-res please

I am not very bothered that it is based on the Photon template.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:39 AM   #510
Tech Master

No pictures of the current steering set-up yet as I want to wait until I know a delivery date for the parts (I know that will be the next question). Basically, the new system is a double arm like the Tamiya system but with different geometry. I studied a lot of different steering systems from the different cars I've run over the years to sort out what cars were good on foam, rubber, carpet and asphalt as well as compare the #'s against some of the current cars. With the new steering we are making there is minimal parts, easy to adjust precisely and quickly. All the parts are going to be black anodized aluminum and the construction is quite small/low profile. The other advantage of it is the change in crank reduction which again will make the car more precise to drive. When it's ready to go, I will include a chart with the new set-up so everyone know's the difference in the ackerman adjustments they are making.

Matt - The KO 1/12 servo has nearly the same torque as the LP servo but it's faster, lighter, shorter in width (more room for electronics) and lower... Lot's of reasons to use it but you do need the aluminum upper case. I'm not sure if KO is selling that yet but I believe it's coming soon.

Ok, ok... I"m getting pounded for set-up sheets. I will get those done asap!!