Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution. >

CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.

CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:01 PM
  #286  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
F1fletch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 322
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Exclamation

Looking forward to more feedback and good results from the Reedy Race. Plans have already begun for running an EVO soon so I look forward to buidling and driving this car.
F1fletch is offline  
Old 05-24-2010, 10:32 PM
  #287  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Official's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 474
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Just finish building my Evo. Build looks goooood!!!!
Can't wait to give it a try later at my local track.
Official is offline  
Old 05-25-2010, 12:18 AM
  #288  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (36)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 595
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

All good now, was just the top profile of the servo, spaced it back a little more and now its all good. Wasn't really keen on the double sided tape option.


Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
I am not running the slim servos in my car.

Just an option.
I mounted my servo about 5mm back of the mounting holes to provide more ackerman options. No need to drill holes, just use 3M double sided tape, will hold like a champ.
Originally Posted by $$$... View Post
Hi guys, just putting the finishes touches on my Evo, and I seem to be having some issues with my servo clearing the steering bellcrank. I'm running a Futaba 9551 servo... is this servo too long/thick/tall??? will have to have a closer look in the morning, but any hints or help would be appreciated.

Oh also, Josh, awesome looking machine. Can't wait to hit the track.
$$$... is offline  
Old 05-25-2010, 12:59 AM
  #289  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (12)
 
XxRONNxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 152
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by F1fletch View Post
Looking forward to more feedback and good results from the Reedy Race. Plans have already begun for running an EVO soon so I look forward to buidling and driving this car.
Ran my EVO last weekend and the weekend before at Norcal Hobbies. "Point and Shoot" describes the car exactly. Didn't spin out or lose control. Turns as quick as a pan car. So quick, I was always slapping the corners too early cause the car turned too quickly. Lots of twist in the chassis which gave the car a ton of steering. Josh, I have a decent asphalt set-up but I'm sure you'll have something better for the Reedy.

The stock Photon is a great car which I feel I can drive more aggressively. However, the EVO is much more stable and turns fast. I'm sure everyone's opinions will differ. If only I was a better driver, I could have had better results last weekend.
XxRONNxX is offline  
Old 05-25-2010, 09:08 AM
  #290  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
Goingfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,457
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by XxRONNxX View Post
Ran my EVO last weekend and the weekend before at Norcal Hobbies. "Point and Shoot" describes the car exactly. Didn't spin out or lose control. Turns as quick as a pan car. So quick, I was always slapping the corners too early cause the car turned too quickly. Lots of twist in the chassis which gave the car a ton of steering. Josh, I have a decent asphalt set-up but I'm sure you'll have something better for the Reedy.

The stock Photon is a great car which I feel I can drive more aggressively. However, the EVO is much more stable and turns fast. I'm sure everyone's opinions will differ. If only I was a better driver, I could have had better results last weekend.
I thought the Evo was a little stiffer than Photon,which stable the car more...
Goingfast is offline  
Old 05-25-2010, 11:09 AM
  #291  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
F1fletch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 322
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by XxRONNxX View Post
Ran my EVO last weekend and the weekend before at Norcal Hobbies. "Point and Shoot" describes the car exactly. Didn't spin out or lose control. Turns as quick as a pan car. So quick, I was always slapping the corners too early cause the car turned too quickly. Lots of twist in the chassis which gave the car a ton of steering. Josh, I have a decent asphalt set-up but I'm sure you'll have something better for the Reedy.

The stock Photon is a great car which I feel I can drive more aggressively. However, the EVO is much more stable and turns fast. I'm sure everyone's opinions will differ. If only I was a better driver, I could have had better results last weekend.
This sounds really hopeful, hope it does well at Reedy!
F1fletch is offline  
Old 05-25-2010, 11:34 AM
  #292  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Josh Cyrul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan
Posts: 1,421
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Goingfast - It's stiffer than the origional Photon rubber cars but I'm sure not as stiff as the ones where guys ran the foam 3mm chassis or the new 2.25mm quasi Lipo chassis.

Thanks for all the comments everyone.... Super busy trying to make sure everything is sorted here for Angel while I am at the race but once the madness slows down later tonight I'll try to post a little Pre-Reedy info!!

Thanks again!!
Josh Cyrul is offline  
Old 05-25-2010, 11:50 AM
  #293  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
Ultraspeed84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,072
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

so is the EVO a kit that transfers to the photon?
Ultraspeed84 is offline  
Old 05-25-2010, 11:54 AM
  #294  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (12)
 
XxRONNxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 152
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Goingfast View Post
I thought the Evo was a little stiffer than Photon,which stable the car more...
It probably is a little stiffer. I was trying to get my car to twist a little more for asphalt. The car felt stable regardless.
XxRONNxX is offline  
Old 05-25-2010, 12:00 PM
  #295  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
Goingfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,457
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by XxRONNxX View Post
It probably is a little stiffer. I was trying to get my car to twist a little more for asphalt. The car felt stable regardless.
You want more twist for asphlat...Why not run softer spring with no sway bars..
Do you mean more rear end rotating around the corner?
Goingfast is offline  
Old 05-25-2010, 01:44 PM
  #296  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (12)
 
XxRONNxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 152
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Goingfast View Post
You want more twist for asphlat...Why not run softer spring with no sway bars..
Do you mean more rear end rotating around the corner?
Sorry...not twist. I meant more flex.
XxRONNxX is offline  
Old 05-25-2010, 05:34 PM
  #297  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lexington, Ky
Posts: 787
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84 View Post
so is the EVO a kit that transfers to the photon?
Yep comes as a kit with everything to transfer the photon. The new shock towers, and camber plates do not come with the kit.
bmcallister is offline  
Old 05-26-2010, 11:00 AM
  #298  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
F1fletch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 322
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bmcallister View Post
Yep comes as a kit with everything to transfer the photon. The new shock towers, and camber plates do not come with the kit.
Why are the different camber plates needed, just to match the CF weave of the other parts (instead of using the Photon Ones)????

Last edited by F1fletch; 05-26-2010 at 11:12 AM.
F1fletch is offline  
Old 05-26-2010, 11:44 AM
  #299  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
Goingfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,457
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by F1fletch View Post
Why are the different camber plates needed, just to match the CF weave of the other parts (instead of using the Photon Ones)????
I think the camber plate it is a little thicker than the stock one...plus the Evo plate really look nice and does match the chassis.....
I got them all...lol
Goingfast is offline  
Old 05-26-2010, 11:57 AM
  #300  
Tech Master
 
heretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: europe
Posts: 1,110
Default

I've had the chance to see the Evo conversion that a pal of mine bought along with his photon kit. He's built the car and the result is nice but the manufacturing is far from being as good as expected as far as the CEFX parts are concerned. For instance ther was a BIG "blurr" under the steel motor mount. The guy works as a watchmaker so for him that's no biggie but still , that was a bit disapointing. I am in the process of writing a short review of the build with the pics he took while building, so check www.overrc.com regularly ! it should be ready at the end of the week. The whole site is in French but it's quite easy to translate.
heretic is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.