R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-30-2010, 08:24 PM   #181
Tech Master

Khador12 - Ahh, ok. Thanks!!

George - I will soon. Give me a bit!! I can only work so fast!!

Bag - Cutting the hook mounts tommorow. I'm also cutting a graphite upper bumper piece (to replace the stock plastic one). I've also been messing around with machining some nice brass balancing weights since the car is so light. I have a little more work to do on these to get the machining right but with some new tooling I tried out today everything actually turned out really nice. I have to finish a few of these optional parts of graphite tommorow and then I'll work on a fixture for making the brass parts. If the next test batch I cut is up to my expectations I'll order the brass on Monday and get that into poduction.....

F1 - Yep, I will be at the Reedy Race. I think I arrive early Wednesday afternoon and will head over to the track. Feel free to stop by and check out the cars.

$$$ - Cars will be shipping on the May 5th deadline as well as a bunch of the optional parts. The only thing that might be delayed depending on the quantities ordered would be the shock towers as I need to order more 3mm graphite. The belts are going to be here later than we expected but I've already got a back-up plan running so we will be fine with that. We've tried to make a good amount of kits and parts on this first run but with a few more orders we will start ordering a 2nd batch of things to keep the ball rolling....
Old 04-30-2010, 08:45 PM   #182
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply Josh, looking forward to getting the kit. Always liked the concepts and designs that you've come up with, and hopefully now that you're doing it in house under your control we can look forward to more stuff from the CEFX stable.
$$$... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:49 PM   #183
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post

Bag - Cutting the hook mounts tommorow. I'm also cutting a graphite upper bumper piece (to replace the stock plastic one). I've also been messing around with machining some nice brass balancing weights since the car is so light. I have a little more work to do on these to get the machining right but with some new tooling I tried out today everything actually turned out really nice. I have to finish a few of these optional parts of graphite tommorow and then I'll work on a fixture for making the brass parts. If the next test batch I cut is up to my expectations I'll order the brass on Monday and get that into poduction.....

F1 - Yep, I will be at the Reedy Race. I think I arrive early Wednesday afternoon and will head over to the track. Feel free to stop by and check out the cars.

$$$ - Cars will be shipping on the May 5th deadline as well as a bunch of the optional parts. The only thing that might be delayed depending on the quantities ordered would be the shock towers as I need to order more 3mm graphite. The belts are going to be here later than we expected but I've already got a back-up plan running so we will be fine with that. We've tried to make a good amount of kits and parts on this first run but with a few more orders we will start ordering a 2nd batch of things to keep the ball rolling....

all I can say it..That's awesome..

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #184
Tech Adept

Quote:

Wow! Your as busy as a one legged man in an ass kickin contest! LOL

Keep it rollin man!

Jeremy Otis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:28 PM   #185
Tech Master

Jeremy -

Update:

Today was a pretty good day of work here so far. Made up a new fixture for the brass parts, set-up tapping head, machined and tapped brass parts in 2 thickness to test the weights for fit and balance in the car. They are in the tumbler now getting cleaned up a little but I don't have the right stuff to polish them up pretty so I have to get that this week for the production parts. We will probably release them individually and in two kits - one to get the car up to 1350g for England rules (where I think the weight should be anyway) and for 1425g rules. I think for IFMAR the weight is 1450g but I'm not going to make a kit up for that. I think everyone will like them, there's a bunch of pieces that you can use to move a lot of weight to different places in the car. Being that we are making them here the pricing should be pretty good also. I have to work on that tonight/tommorow...

Well, break time almost done...lol... Time to get back to work on the next project.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:03 AM   #186
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm not doing EP atm but since I saw Josh's amazing stuff ever since I start RC 6yrs ago, here is my 2cents:

IF [fill model name] is the most popular model in EP racing, it should be high priority to get a conversion kit for [fill model name].

[fill model name] could be different from region to region, class to class. So it's more business consideration behind it to make it able to capture biggest potential market.

Just my 2cents. Love the design. Maybe I should get one to install my EP gear
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #187
Tech Master

ttso - That's why we are focusing on the parts that are more necessary. Really, if the suspension is symetrical/reversable then it can be mounted on the car as can the shocks, ball cups, ball studs, tie-rods, universals, etc... We are looking into the rear differential, spool, pulleys, suspension mounts, bell crank, etc. Those are the critical items that users with whatever make (Tamiya, HB, Corally, etc) would have to buy TOP parts if they wanted to convert the car they are running....

Update on things:

I'll try to get some images of the brass weights up on the CEFX site in the next few days along with the other new items. Just focusing on finishing getting these kits packed up and ready for the Wednesday shipping date. We did have a problem and that was the other project I was working on yesterday and finished today - Our rear belts are going to be here later than quoted so yesterday I designed up a belt cutter. I got up at 3am this morning, finished the design and made up my contraption which actually really worked awesome. I used some stock of Shepherd 1/8 rear belts we had here as well as some Kyosho 1/8 belts I had from my days at Kyosho plus some that I bought (I didn't want to totally depleate our Shepherd stock) as they are the same size as the one for the Evolution. So, with that we don't have to worry about the belts arriving on time as I have another solution to this problem. I figured I would fill everyone in now as they may see some belts in their kits that say "Team Kyosho" on them...lol...

It's been a long 21hr day so I'm done (I actually got to work on my own stuff today!!).... Back to work in the AM!!
Old 05-02-2010, 09:44 PM   #188
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Hey Josh,

You still sell that strapping tape...? Been looking to re-stock on it!

-skuba
Old 05-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #189
Tech Master

Hey Skuba - I'll have to check with Angel. Shoot me an e-mail @ [email protected]!!
Old 05-03-2010, 06:32 PM   #190
Tech Master

Another Update from today:

More work was finished up on the kits and I am very pleased to let everyone know that ALL current orders for Evolutions will be shipping Wednesday. We will actually have a lot of the orders ready to ship tonight and tommorow but to ensure that we get all of them out the door together they are all shipping May 5th like we had stated on the CEFX sales site.

I'm going to work on the pics/info for all the other new stuff tonight. I'll let you guys know when it's up!!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:38 PM   #191
Tech Elite

Quote:
Another Update from today:

More work was finished up on the kits and I am very pleased to let everyone know that ALL current orders for Evolutions will be shipping Wednesday. We will actually have a lot of the orders ready to ship tonight and tommorow but to ensure that we get all of them out the door together they are all shipping May 5th like we had stated on the CEFX sales site.

I'm going to work on the pics/info for all the other new stuff tonight. I'll let you guys know when it's up!!
Great news ....Can't wait...lol

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
Old 05-07-2010, 08:04 PM   #192
Tech Elite

Well who's got their kit first?

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
Old 05-07-2010, 09:00 PM   #193
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goingfast View Post
Well who's got their kit first?
right here.

Village Idiot Racing - Now accepting driver applications.
mikel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:26 PM   #194
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel33 View Post
right here.
Well tell us about...

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
Old 05-08-2010, 12:30 AM   #195
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

yeah c'mon... impressions? thought? first build pics? things to look out for? Mines on its way, but it's gotta come half way round the world, so not expecting it till next week some time.

on a side note, Josh, any updates on other projects?
$$$... is offline   Reply With Quote