R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2010, 04:16 AM   #166
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
F1fletch - We had not planned on making a kit with all these things included for the simple fact that we wanted to keep the price down for those converting a Photon. I never thought so many people would want to convert other cars. We are looking at it now but our main focus is to get the belts in and get these kits rolling out the door. For the moment, these parts will remain as optional parts and when we can offer more parts to the kit then I will release and more complete version. Give me a bit of time though, we are only a few weeks into this project...lol..
If you do a Phi conversion that would be quite interesting to me
InspGadgt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:16 PM   #167
Tech Apprentice
 
F1fletch's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 99
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
F1fletch - We had not planned on making a kit with all these things included for the simple fact that we wanted to keep the price down for those converting a Photon. I never thought so many people would want to convert other cars. We are looking at it now but our main focus is to get the belts in and get these kits rolling out the door. For the moment, these parts will remain as optional parts and when we can offer more parts to the kit then I will release and more complete version. Give me a bit of time though, we are only a few weeks into this project...lol..
I know, I know...you are

I am holding out for..
1. Either a complete car kit from you
or
2. An Xray T3 Conversion

isn't it great getting all this advice from guys wanting something trick, new and interesting
F1fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:04 PM   #168
Tech Elite
 
pakk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,077
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Is it possible to get a side close up view of the motor? I'd like to see how low the motor sits.
__________________
*Photon* *SC10 4x4*
RCRD
pakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:07 PM   #169
Tech Master
 
Josh Cyrul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan
Posts: 1,409
Default

pakk - The motor sits .5-.75mm from the bottom of the chassis. Most cars are about 1.25-1.5mm... With the way our motor plate is, you can add shims and raise it if you like.

F1fletch - Well, complte kit or Xray kit you'll probably be waiting a while... Sorry...
__________________
Destiny, Ko Propo, Hobby Wing, Ulti Racing Tires, Protoform, Xenon Racing, Pivothead, Vizon, TQ Wire & Hella Graphics
Josh Cyrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:13 PM   #170
Tech Elite
 
pakk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,077
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Thanks. The lower the better imo. I don't mind banging the motor up a bit. Normally its just the outside end that is going to touch. I run ballistic motors so that is an easy and cheap fix.
__________________
*Photon* *SC10 4x4*
RCRD
pakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:11 PM   #171
Tech Regular
 
Khador12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 276
Default

Josh,

I noticed Speedpower has a new 5800 55c battery does it have bumps on the bottom of it?
__________________
Billy Stewart
Xray T4 17
Roche Rapide F1 Evo
Khador12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:14 PM   #172
Tech Master
 
Josh Cyrul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan
Posts: 1,409
Default

Khador12 - Honestly, I don't know as I haven't seen one yet. We are making small "hook" lipo guides out of graphite. Since the car is balanced pretty well we didn't see the need to make any large aluminum mounts at this time. I'll get some pics of the new stuff we are working on now up soon.... A few more days and Evo's will start shipping....
__________________
Destiny, Ko Propo, Hobby Wing, Ulti Racing Tires, Protoform, Xenon Racing, Pivothead, Vizon, TQ Wire & Hella Graphics
Josh Cyrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:04 PM   #173
Tech Regular
 
Khador12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
Khador12 - Honestly, I don't know as I haven't seen one yet. We are making small "hook" lipo guides out of graphite. Since the car is balanced pretty well we didn't see the need to make any large aluminum mounts at this time. I'll get some pics of the new stuff we are working on now up soon.... A few more days and Evo's will start shipping....
I sent an email to speed power and they said the new batteries do not have the bumps on them.
__________________
Billy Stewart
Xray T4 17
Roche Rapide F1 Evo
Khador12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #174
Tech Elite
 
GeorgePravata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Brooklyn New York GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!!!!
Posts: 3,394
Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)
Default

Josh Pm me all the parts you have for the photon So that I can buy everything in one shot Please or email me with the parts [email protected]

Thanks George
__________________
TEAM ASSOCIATED,REEDY POWER, AKA, TQ WIRES, SILLYBOYZ PRODUCTS.
GeorgePravata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #175
Tech Elite
 
pakk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,077
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgePravata View Post
Josh Pm me all the parts you have for the photon So that I can buy everything in one shot Please or email me with the parts [email protected]

Thanks George
Post #151
__________________
*Photon* *SC10 4x4*
RCRD
pakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:30 AM   #176
Tech Regular
 
BagofSkill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Buckingham, UK
Posts: 344
Default

Hi Josh,

when will the hook mounts be ready? What other stuff are you working on for the car? I keep putting off placing an order because it's a bit more of a pain to pay for shipping to the UK and exchanging currency for lots of small purchases. Would rather buy a job lot but SOON as the summer season starts for me in 2 weeks!
BagofSkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:06 AM   #177
Tech Apprentice
 
F1fletch's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 99
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Small World

Josh

I was just speaking to Darren at TR in England and we had a chat about you!! He had nothing but good things to say about you while I was complaining about the price of Xray parts and the fact you do not have a complete car yet...lol

I am working with him to get some Xray parts. I was hoping to drive out to Norcal Hobbies to say hi and see your car at the Reedy Race end of May. Are you going to be there?

Small world
F1fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:12 AM   #178
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1fletch View Post
Josh

I was just speaking to Darren at TR in England and we had a chat about you!! He had nothing but good things to say about you while I was complaining about the price of Xray parts and the fact you do not have a complete car yet...lol

I am working with him to get some Xray parts. I was hoping to drive out to Norcal Hobbies to say hi and see your car at the Reedy Race end of May. Are you going to be there?

Small world
grouchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:04 PM   #179
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 557
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Hey Josh, any word as to when the kits will be shipping? Have you filled the first batch of orders? 160 kits?
$$$... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:20 PM   #180
Tech Elite
 
Goingfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,454
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by $$$... View Post
Hey Josh, any word as to when the kits will be shipping? Have you filled the first batch of orders? 160 kits?
Josh is very busy getting the stuffs together...I believe he stated the first kit will ship out May 5
__________________
Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:51 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net