R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-27-2010, 04:16 AM   #166
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
F1fletch - We had not planned on making a kit with all these things included for the simple fact that we wanted to keep the price down for those converting a Photon. I never thought so many people would want to convert other cars. We are looking at it now but our main focus is to get the belts in and get these kits rolling out the door. For the moment, these parts will remain as optional parts and when we can offer more parts to the kit then I will release and more complete version. Give me a bit of time though, we are only a few weeks into this project...lol..
If you do a Phi conversion that would be quite interesting to me
InspGadgt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:16 PM   #167
Tech Apprentice

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
F1fletch - We had not planned on making a kit with all these things included for the simple fact that we wanted to keep the price down for those converting a Photon. I never thought so many people would want to convert other cars. We are looking at it now but our main focus is to get the belts in and get these kits rolling out the door. For the moment, these parts will remain as optional parts and when we can offer more parts to the kit then I will release and more complete version. Give me a bit of time though, we are only a few weeks into this project...lol..
I know, I know...you are

I am holding out for..
1. Either a complete car kit from you
or
2. An Xray T3 Conversion

isn't it great getting all this advice from guys wanting something trick, new and interesting
F1fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:04 PM   #168
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Is it possible to get a side close up view of the motor? I'd like to see how low the motor sits.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:07 PM   #169
Tech Master

pakk - The motor sits .5-.75mm from the bottom of the chassis. Most cars are about 1.25-1.5mm... With the way our motor plate is, you can add shims and raise it if you like.

F1fletch - Well, complte kit or Xray kit you'll probably be waiting a while... Sorry...
Old 04-28-2010, 01:13 PM   #170
Tech Elite

Thanks. The lower the better imo. I don't mind banging the motor up a bit. Normally its just the outside end that is going to touch. I run ballistic motors so that is an easy and cheap fix.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:11 PM   #171
Tech Regular

Josh,

I noticed Speedpower has a new 5800 55c battery does it have bumps on the bottom of it?
Khador12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:14 PM   #172
Tech Master

Khador12 - Honestly, I don't know as I haven't seen one yet. We are making small "hook" lipo guides out of graphite. Since the car is balanced pretty well we didn't see the need to make any large aluminum mounts at this time. I'll get some pics of the new stuff we are working on now up soon.... A few more days and Evo's will start shipping....
Old 04-29-2010, 06:04 PM   #173
Tech Regular

Quote:
Khador12 - Honestly, I don't know as I haven't seen one yet. We are making small "hook" lipo guides out of graphite. Since the car is balanced pretty well we didn't see the need to make any large aluminum mounts at this time. I'll get some pics of the new stuff we are working on now up soon.... A few more days and Evo's will start shipping....
I sent an email to speed power and they said the new batteries do not have the bumps on them.
Khador12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #174
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Josh Pm me all the parts you have for the photon So that I can buy everything in one shot Please or email me with the parts [email protected]

Thanks George
Old 04-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #175
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgePravata View Post
Josh Pm me all the parts you have for the photon So that I can buy everything in one shot Please or email me with the parts [email protected]

Thanks George
Post #151
Old 04-30-2010, 04:30 AM   #176
Tech Regular

Hi Josh,

when will the hook mounts be ready? What other stuff are you working on for the car? I keep putting off placing an order because it's a bit more of a pain to pay for shipping to the UK and exchanging currency for lots of small purchases. Would rather buy a job lot but SOON as the summer season starts for me in 2 weeks!
BagofSkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:06 AM   #177
Tech Apprentice

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Small World

Josh

I was just speaking to Darren at TR in England and we had a chat about you!! He had nothing but good things to say about you while I was complaining about the price of Xray parts and the fact you do not have a complete car yet...lol

I am working with him to get some Xray parts. I was hoping to drive out to Norcal Hobbies to say hi and see your car at the Reedy Race end of May. Are you going to be there?

Small world
F1fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:12 AM   #178
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1fletch View Post
Josh

I was just speaking to Darren at TR in England and we had a chat about you!! He had nothing but good things to say about you while I was complaining about the price of Xray parts and the fact you do not have a complete car yet...lol

I am working with him to get some Xray parts. I was hoping to drive out to Norcal Hobbies to say hi and see your car at the Reedy Race end of May. Are you going to be there?

Small world
grouchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:04 PM   #179
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hey Josh, any word as to when the kits will be shipping? Have you filled the first batch of orders? 160 kits?
$$$... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:20 PM   #180
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by $$$... View Post
Hey Josh, any word as to when the kits will be shipping? Have you filled the first batch of orders? 160 kits?
Josh is very busy getting the stuffs together...I believe he stated the first kit will ship out May 5

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote