R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-24-2010, 11:18 AM   #151
Tech Master

Goingfast - I know Angel mentioned your e-mail to me and I think she's replied at this point but reguardless we are getting you taken care of!! No worries!!

F1fletch - First off thanks for the words but you have to keep in mind that making a full kit and supporting it as it needs to be isn't quite that easy. I went through and looked at a list that a friend helped me with and quickly using A-Main's site as a reference it's about $200 in Photon parts to get what you need to put an Evo together with using other people's suspension (not counting hardware - I think most people would have this). Our origional intention was just to make this kit for the Photon, I did not expect so many people to want this immediatly for all these other cars so we are sort of scrambling to check costs and see what we can do to make it cheapher/easier for other users to convert over.

Usually, ideas that are this different take some time and a bit of "show me" that it actually works. We've seen this with our oval cars as I made our Lithium nearly 2 years ago and at the time, it was radically different in many ways and really it wasn't even given a second look by most. This past season, we couldn't make them fast enough as people would get one and beat people they never had before and the chain reaction started to happen as we sold 15x's more of the same car in 2010 than we did in 2009. Now, it's being copied by a lot of the other oval companies out there.

Usually it just takes time for people to adapt and accept something new. I think some of that also is all the racers out there gaining more trust in myself and CEFX. Everyone has seen me win races for years and really my results do nothing for us to sell cars. People always chalk it up to that it's me driving but I've gone quite a while without winning races and now that we are making very good cars I have been able to get myself back into contention and finish on the podium at nearly every race this year. Cars make a huge difference to any level of driver - especially in on-road and oval racing.

Trust me, if we had the funding to move full forward (anyone know the dude that just won the Power Ball??..lol) I would do it as fast as possible. We are a small company with big ideas though. Trust me, if you only knew the rest of the crazy ideas I have.... I have no doubt we can make the best TC on the market (without breaking the bank) but it's going to take some time and a lot of hard work/sales of what we currently have to make that happen.

Back to work!
Attached Files
File Type: doc CEFX Evolution 416 Conversion List.doc (104.5 KB, 609 views)
Old 04-24-2010, 12:00 PM   #152
Tech Fanatic

Josh,

Since I don't have a photon to start with, can you make a list of of photon parts I would need to complete the evo. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:05 PM   #153
Tech Master

vabroom - Check the word doc. I posted. That list gives all the basics up top to be able to build the car with whatever shocks/suspension you would want to hang on it. The rest of the parts/part #'s are there.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:54 PM   #154
Tech Fanatic

Thanks, Josh.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:40 PM   #155
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabroom View Post
Josh,

Since I don't have a photon to start with, can you make a list of of photon parts I would need to complete the evo. Thanks in advance.
Just a thought. It would probably be better to just buy a Photon kit and sell the parts that you don't need. Since most Photon drivers are buying a rubber kit and a thicker chassis for carpet, or a Carpet kit and softer chassis, I'm sure you could sell the chassis and bulkheads for a reasonable price and save some money from purchasing all the parts individually. Just a thought.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:54 PM   #156
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Stilskin, I'll see how the math goes.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #157
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
Goingfast - I know Angel mentioned your e-mail to me and I think she's replied at this point but reguardless we are getting you taken care of!! No worries!!

F1fletch - First off thanks for the words but you have to keep in mind that making a full kit and supporting it as it needs to be isn't quite that easy. I went through and looked at a list that a friend helped me with and quickly using A-Main's site as a reference it's about $200 in Photon parts to get what you need to put an Evo together with using other people's suspension (not counting hardware - I think most people would have this). Our origional intention was just to make this kit for the Photon, I did not expect so many people to want this immediatly for all these other cars so we are sort of scrambling to check costs and see what we can do to make it cheapher/easier for other users to convert over.

Usually, ideas that are this different take some time and a bit of "show me" that it actually works. We've seen this with our oval cars as I made our Lithium nearly 2 years ago and at the time, it was radically different in many ways and really it wasn't even given a second look by most. This past season, we couldn't make them fast enough as people would get one and beat people they never had before and the chain reaction started to happen as we sold 15x's more of the same car in 2010 than we did in 2009. Now, it's being copied by a lot of the other oval companies out there.

Usually it just takes time for people to adapt and accept something new. I think some of that also is all the racers out there gaining more trust in myself and CEFX. Everyone has seen me win races for years and really my results do nothing for us to sell cars. People always chalk it up to that it's me driving but I've gone quite a while without winning races and now that we are making very good cars I have been able to get myself back into contention and finish on the podium at nearly every race this year. Cars make a huge difference to any level of driver - especially in on-road and oval racing.

Trust me, if we had the funding to move full forward (anyone know the dude that just won the Power Ball??..lol) I would do it as fast as possible. We are a small company with big ideas though. Trust me, if you only knew the rest of the crazy ideas I have.... I have no doubt we can make the best TC on the market (without breaking the bank) but it's going to take some time and a lot of hard work/sales of what we currently have to make that happen.

Back to work!
Thanks...

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:38 AM   #158
Tech Apprentice

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up Best Way to Build

So its sounds like the best way to get ALL the hardware is to buy the complete kit from TOP and then buy the full EVO conversion kit then sell parts not needed and make back a few bucks or am I missing something?

The sheet does not include all the hardware you would need and shocks etc, correct??

I am still confused about option parts for the conversion as well, is there a kit that includes ALL the option parts, bumper etc.. so you can start with everything for the EVO and not be missing something?

Vabroom let us know how the math goes and if you are able to get everything...piecemeal and how much you save :-) (which shocks, springs etc).
F1fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:05 PM   #159
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1fletch View Post
So its sounds like the best way to get ALL the hardware is to buy the complete kit from TOP and then buy the full EVO conversion kit then sell parts not needed and make back a few bucks or am I missing something?

The sheet does not include all the hardware you would need and shocks etc, correct??

I am still confused about option parts for the conversion as well, is there a kit that includes ALL the option parts, bumper etc.. so you can start with everything for the EVO and not be missing something?

Vabroom let us know how the math goes and if you are able to get everything...piecemeal and how much you save :-) (which shocks, springs etc).
If I'm not mistaken the only thing you still need regarding option parts with the Evolution is the bumper. All the other hard parts are in the kit minus your choice of suspension and dampers.
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:32 PM   #160
Tech Apprentice

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

CEFX Evolution includes:

Chassis
Front Top Plate
Rear Top Plate
Motor Guard
Bulkheads (4)
Motor Plate
Mount Plate
Top Plate Mount
Steering Post
Pulley Post
Pulley Post Mount
Rear Belt
Standoffs (8)
+ Hardware that you would need additional from a Photon

We are also making:

Front Shock Tower
Rear Shock Tower
Camber Link Plates
Foam Front Bumper
Foam Car Stand
Lipo Locators (for packs without bumps)

These parts do not appear to come in the conversion but are option parts for the convesrion it looks like, wish he made them all in one kit
F1fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:01 PM   #161
Tech Master

F1fletch - We had not planned on making a kit with all these things included for the simple fact that we wanted to keep the price down for those converting a Photon. I never thought so many people would want to convert other cars. We are looking at it now but our main focus is to get the belts in and get these kits rolling out the door. For the moment, these parts will remain as optional parts and when we can offer more parts to the kit then I will release and more complete version. Give me a bit of time though, we are only a few weeks into this project...lol..
Old 04-26-2010, 04:15 PM   #162
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

well Josh if you stop playin Mafia Wars and looking for tools to chop up cars and things maybe we can get a few more kits from you!! Who loves YA!!!!! Can't wait for my kit...

Now back off the Mafia Wars..

George
Old 04-26-2010, 04:55 PM   #163
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

hey josh what do you think about making a evolution for the hb cyclone tc
Old 04-26-2010, 04:58 PM   #164
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

round and round and round
g26er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:13 AM   #165
Tech Master

The car needs to be anodized green, not red or blue.