Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution. >

CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.

CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:15 PM
  #136  
Tech Regular
 
BagofSkill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Buckingham, UK
Posts: 344
Default

Hi Josh,

I'm also interested in a package price for a full kit. I was looking at a rear shock tower anyway, but the camber link plates are interesting and then I may as well go all the way with a front tower. Please let us know if a complete package will become available.

Cheers, Chris.
BagofSkill is offline  
Old 04-20-2010, 04:54 PM
  #137  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,122
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
Also, I'll try to see what I can do about getting my hands on a HB car to measure/build one up (jag88 - going to MSI tommorow with one??).....

Thanks for all the interest!!

I haven't been feeling well lately so I'm going to skip tomorrow. One of these days I'm going to catch up with you ......lol .
jag88 is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 03:41 PM
  #138  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
F1fletch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 322
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
F1fletch - I would love to, really... At the moment, we just don't have the $$ to do that so unless you know someone rich who wants to throw us some loot we'll just have to do it step by step...lol..

By the way - we are already recieving lots of e-mails about the Tamiya version. We are working on a parts list of what you would have to buy from TOP (transmission/bell crank/suspension mounts) in order to convert a Tamiya car.... More soon...
Xray T3 is what I was refferring to.

So far which is the best conversion? Taking a TOP car and converting it??
F1fletch is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 07:01 PM
  #139  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Josh Cyrul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan
Posts: 1,421
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The Evolution was designed for the Photon but I built up the Tamiya version to show that you could use other suspension with a Photon transmission. Just trying to give more racers, more options.

The Xray cars have a lot of arm sweep so it would take a lot of additional new parts from us to convert it into an Evo. Really, I rather spend the time and effort to make more parts to finish this car rather than go off in another direction to convert another car.

I got the drawings done and quote back on CEFX decal sheets and we are working on shirt designs now. I'm going to start working on the parts listings so everyone knows what they would need for the Evolution how ever they want to build it. After that, I'll start working on a set-up sheet and more. We also just finished up working on the distributor price lists so I'll be sending out those soon also to all the international customers looking to import CEFX to their respective countries....

Been at it since 5:30am. I was going to head to MSI tonight but just way to tired and still wanting to get stuff done for that. It's supposed to rain this weekend though so maybe I'll head out there Sunday!!
Josh Cyrul is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 09:46 PM
  #140  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (12)
 
XxRONNxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 152
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Nice.

Last edited by XxRONNxX; 04-28-2010 at 10:25 PM.
XxRONNxX is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 01:59 PM
  #141  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
jlfx car audio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: jackson,tn
Posts: 3,834
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

josh will u be able to fill all the preorders at this time or will it be a limited quanity goin out for the first batch? i want to preorder but if it will be months before i get it i could use the $ in my account till then.
love the design got to see it first hand at the novak (i was pitin with Q and justin)
jlfx car audio is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 02:09 PM
  #142  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
PitNamedGordie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Highwood, IL
Posts: 1,789
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
josh will u be able to fill all the preorders at this time or will it be a limited quanity goin out for the first batch? i want to preorder but if it will be months before i get it i could use the $ in my account till then.
love the design got to see it first hand at the novak (i was pitin with Q and justin)
+1

After thinking about it I'm thinking of trying to put my Corally PHI 09 straight arms on the Evolution. They were modeled after the 416 arms so they should work.
PitNamedGordie is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 02:49 PM
  #143  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
F1fletch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 322
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
The Evolution was designed for the Photon but I built up the Tamiya version to show that you could use other suspension with a Photon transmission. Just trying to give more racers, more options.

The Xray cars have a lot of arm sweep so it would take a lot of additional new parts from us to convert it into an Evo. Really, I rather spend the time and effort to make more parts to finish this car rather than go off in another direction to convert another car.
Makes sense! When you say..more parts to finish this car do you mean complete car kit or complete conversion kit? ready to go for the Photon?
F1fletch is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 03:16 PM
  #144  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
cheehtae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,470
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post

By the way - we are already recieving lots of e-mails about the Tamiya version. We are working on a parts list of what you would have to buy from TOP (transmission/bell crank/suspension mounts) in order to convert a Tamiya car.... More soon...
+1
cheehtae is offline  
Old 04-23-2010, 08:10 AM
  #145  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,046
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by F1fletch View Post
Makes sense! When you say..more parts to finish this car do you mean complete car kit or complete conversion kit? ready to go for the Photon?
If you are converting a Photon, and you are starting with a Photon kit, then the Evo kit will have you ready to go. For those that want to convert the Tamiya, there are some Photon parts that you will need. He is working on the list.
snoopyrc is offline  
Old 04-23-2010, 09:42 AM
  #146  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Josh Cyrul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan
Posts: 1,421
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

jlfx - We have this first batch of about 160+ kits that will be 100% ready to go as soon as the belts arrive. Reguardless if we do get a sudden rush and sell out the longest it would take to get another batch in would be about 1 1/2 months but we are already planning on staying on top of production so that doesn't happen. We know that's been a problem with CEFX in the past and we are working extremely hard to fix this problem and image we've had. You can even check oval sites like Lefthander R/C and you can see they are 100% in stock with CEFX products. It wasn't that way all year but it's one of the things we have been working towards.

Yes - If you have a complete Photon kit, it will be really fast/easy to convert over to the Evolution with everything you need. I am just checking over a list that a friend has been helping me with so that we can get a full parts listing on what you would need to build a Evolution with partial TOP/Tamiya parts. I'll have that posted here asap.

F1 - Really, if I am going to work on designing/making more parts I would like to do make ones that eliminate use of other companies parts you would have to purchase to assemble the kit. Really, I want to start with the items that may be difficult for the racers to get build and make the car look right - Like a black, hard anodized rear differential out-drives (better for wear and looks), black anodized roll bar mounts, bell crank and a few other things. Once we get the belts in and things rolling back out the door we will look into making these items.
Josh Cyrul is offline  
Old 04-23-2010, 11:57 AM
  #147  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
Goingfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,457
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
jlfx - We have this first batch of about 160+ kits that will be 100% ready to go as soon as the belts arrive. Reguardless if we do get a sudden rush and sell out the longest it would take to get another batch in would be about 1 1/2 months but we are already planning on staying on top of production so that doesn't happen. We know that's been a problem with CEFX in the past and we are working extremely hard to fix this problem and image we've had. You can even check oval sites like Lefthander R/C and you can see they are 100% in stock with CEFX products. It wasn't that way all year but it's one of the things we have been working towards.

Yes - If you have a complete Photon kit, it will be really fast/easy to convert over to the Evolution with everything you need. I am just checking over a list that a friend has been helping me with so that we can get a full parts listing on what you would need to build a Evolution with partial TOP/Tamiya parts. I'll have that posted here asap.

F1 - Really, if I am going to work on designing/making more parts I would like to do make ones that eliminate use of other companies parts you would have to purchase to assemble the kit. Really, I want to start with the items that may be difficult for the racers to get build and make the car look right - Like a black, hard anodized rear differential out-drives (better for wear and looks), black anodized roll bar mounts, bell crank and a few other things. Once we get the belts in and things rolling back out the door we will look into making these items.
Hey Josh
Could you please tell someone [email protected]; answer my email..it is about adding more option parts to my Order.. cefx order Number 801676.
Franko Thanks
Goingfast is offline  
Old 04-23-2010, 01:27 PM
  #148  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
F1fletch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 322
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
F1 - Really, if I am going to work on designing/making more parts I would like to do make ones that eliminate use of other companies parts you would have to purchase to assemble the kit. Really, I want to start with the items that may be difficult for the racers to get build and make the car look right - Like a black, hard anodized rear differential out-drives (better for wear and looks), black anodized roll bar mounts, bell crank and a few other things. Once we get the belts in and things rolling back out the door we will look into making these items.
I am smelling a complete touring car kit coming in the next 6 months, tell me I am wrong?

I think the general Vibe in the industry is finally calling for Revolutionary TC's made for Lipo use only. Folks (as voiced here) will buy a complete car kit for up to 500 bucks if it is revolutionary. The expense of converting a Photon plus the original kit at $600+ is tough to swallow. Even worse with a Tamiya. I believe you are smart to go about things in steps and it is obvious to begin with a conversion and work up from there.

Ultimately I guess I am just looking for a complete EVO kit completely of your own making. I cannot believe I am alone in thinking that I just dropped $500 for an Xray T3 that now feels obsolete with what I am seeing coming out every month. There are so many me too's right now but a few are getting a clue that folks will pay good money for F1 tech instead of Nascar rehash (no offense meant to Nascar fans). I am seeing and hearing F1 Tech in your products, thinking outside the box to make cars that can be driven very fast withouth a PHD in suspension development and 15 billion possible combinations to worry about.

Letter to Josh:

Dear Josh,
Please make us a complete touring car that follows the basis of your conversions using superior materials, thinking and engineering instead of a new mix of anodized colors, make it nearly tweak free and simple to set up.

PS - Please make the dogbones cheaper than $30 ea

The long term pre order line starts Here:

1. F1fletch
2. J Fletch (my brother)

Hope this made you smile BUT IT WAS ALL SERIOUS

best
F1fletch is offline  
Old 04-23-2010, 02:17 PM
  #149  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
Jochim_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CALI
Posts: 2,433
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Josh,

Why don't you just make this a kit... +1 here
Jochim_18 is offline  
Old 04-23-2010, 05:40 PM
  #150  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 747
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

black everything with white belts would look so sweet!
Max K is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.